Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also the risk she crossed paths with Joseph McCann, he was wrongly released from prison in Febuary and went on to rape and kidnapped a number of girls. He was arrested in May and has links to Ayelsbury which is not very far away. Obviously I hope not but I thought it was worth considering. It was mentioned in previous post but I've not seen it brought up again. Sadly no updates on the police search at the Blue Lagoon in Milton Keynes...I really hoped it would lead to answers for her family.

I took a bike ride all around Blue Lagoon area over the weekend and didn’t see anything which looked like searches going on, maybe they have finished or maybe they just weren’t there at that time, but I’ve seen or heard nothing more locally about any conclusion.

That said there have been 6 stabbings in MK since Friday night, mainly teens (2 now reportedly murder investigations if you haven’t seen in the press) and no arrests reported for any of them so far, so thats really what everyone is talking about at the mo.

Hopefully we will hear at least an update from the police re the Leah search. The story was really gaining momentum and strong national coverage, I fear no updates mean that will dwindle away again

Having followed this disappearance religiously back a few months ago, I find it incredible there is still no leads or case progression.

Nobody just vanishes for this length of time. I believe there are only two possible explanations as to what happened to Leah.

1. Either she is still alive somewhere and is being held captive against her will after being kidnapped.
2 Or she was attacked and killed at, or around the day she went missing and the remains have been well disposed of.

If Leah had committed suicide she would have been found by now, so have to agree with the majority of you and suspect foul play. Unfortunately, it looks like unless the purpetrator slips up at some point (or conscience gets the better of them:- it appears their tracks have been well covered.

Without evidence of a body though, we have to assume she could still be alive, and I for one hope that she is and is waiting for an opportunity to make for the escape!.

Very sad this case remains unsolved.

Sorry but l disagree. People do vanish. Claudia Lawrence. Madeleine McCann. Andrew Gosden. Ruth Wilson. To name but a few. It makes us feel really uncomfortable to think that some nefarious type could make someone disappear without a trace. But the fact of the matter is, it happens more frequently than we care or dare to admit.

I feel like if there's no developments from any of the leads generated by the latest publicity, this will be it, this case will just go cold, and there might be another appeal every anniversary or so but much like the others it will remain a mystery.

I also suspect that due to the recent spikes in crime and previous cuts to policing, Thames Valley Police may not have had the resources or man power to investigate this as fully as they would have liked. But then you can have all the resources in the world, if there's no evidence there's nothing much anyone can do sadly. I just hope there haven't been any missed opportunities or avenues for investigation due to organisational issues, we're always hearing about how stretched all the services are.

I was thinking that there seems rather a lot of things going on in MK with their youth that someone at some point will squeal what they know in order to get their own punishment for something reduced.

In any case, I think that anyone who knows something that may be relevant about Leah, or about the stabbings should let the police know to make the processes as straightforward as possible in order to reduce the time and money that is spent getting justice or uncovering the truth for the affected families.

I'm not so convinced that searches are thorough...my nephews mum her dad went missing from MK... was on missing persons list.. extensive searches done.. found a very long time later.. either a year or more 100 yards from his home in woodland.

I'm not so convinced that searches are thorough...my nephews mum her dad went missing from MK... was on missing persons list.. extensive searches done.. found a very long time later.. either a year or more 100 yards from his home in woodland.
This is the one thing that worried me about Leah. I think unless you're local you can't really appreciate how much dense shrubbery and green woodland spaces that we have. I'm sorry to hear about your relative, must have been v stressful for you family.

This is the one thing that worried me about Leah. I think unless you're local you can't really appreciate how much dense shrubbery and green woodland spaces that we have. I'm sorry to hear about your relative, must have been v stressful for you family.
I had met the guy in question in the past but my nephews mum had split with my brother many years before so didn't see them as much, not really my relative as such....but was very stressful for her and her family yes.. have correction to make he went missing in Dorset

Last edited:
I had met the guy in question in the past but my nephews mum had split with my brother many years before so didn't see them as much, not really my relative as such....but was very stressful for her and her family yes.. have correction to make he went missing in Dorset
There was a case recently in mk anyway, when someone's remains were found on a grass verge years after he went missing. It can happen :(

There was a case recently in mk anyway, when someone's remains were found on a grass verge years after he went missing. It can happen :(

It's a very good point you make about shrubbery/woodland in the area. I know the police searched the Blue Lagoon lake recently but just beyond that is something called Flettons Pit - do you happen to know what this is and have the police searched there at all?

It's a very good point you make about shrubbery/woodland in the area. I know the police searched the Blue Lagoon lake recently but just beyond that is something called Flettons Pit - do you happen to know what this is and have the police searched there at all?
I havent heard of that oh wise one... But to be fair, I've never been to the blue lagoon either

Unfortunately as someone else said, Leah's case has been totally eclipsed locally by the shocking murder of two 17 year old boys. Everyone is talking about it :(

I think what might be good would be to gather everyone who knew Leah in any way, friends, family, colleagues, neighbours, people from the gym, people who saw her walking past on her way to/from work, and get them all in a hall together. Have a police detective address them all together and tell them straight out that the key to solving this probably lies with someone in the room. At least one of those people is probably holding a key piece of information that they don't know could be a key missing piece of the puzzle.

That had happened in many cases here...some even closer than 100 yards and two on their own property that I recall reading about...:(

23 October 2019:

Blue Lagoon search relating to missing Milton Keynes girl Leah Croucher has produced 'nothing of significance' say police

The two-week long search of the Blue Lagoon for clues about missing Leah Croucher has so far produced no “significant finds”, the MK Citizen can reveal.

Police are due to finish the intensive search on Friday.

A police spokesman told the MK Citizen today: “There have not been any significant finds to date.”

Blue Lagoon search relating to missing Milton Keynes girl Leah Croucher has produced 'nothing of significance' say police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500