Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. Added to that I think he would have been collected from prison rather than driven himself .

Absolutely.
Plus didn’t he have to check in at a half way house on that morning after release. I don’t see any way that he would have been wandering the streets of MK at 8.30 am even if he was released from the closest prison to the area.

Wow. Article from local press. Hope this will jog some more memories

Exclusive: Previously unseen photograph could be first sighting of Leah Croucher AFTER the time she vanished in Milton Keynes

Exclusive: Previously unseen photograph could be first sighting of Leah Croucher AFTER the time she vanished in Milton Keynes
The new footage pretty much shows parts of the car park as well and a white car in the background. There is a really tall person behind the tree in the car park.

Wow. Article from local press. Hope this will jog some more memories

I want to believe, I really do, but... this could be anyone, as could the second figure. I'm watching with interest, though. At the very least, I think it should be possible to determine the height of the figure pictured, which might clarify things.

But, even if this is Leah, why do "all the possible lakeside sightings now strengthen the conviction held by Leah's own family and friends - that the then 19-year-old would never disappear voluntarily and must have been taken against her will or coerced by someone she knew" - ?

To me, the relative likelihood of choice rather than coercion is basically unchanged by this, or, if anything, the balance tips a little more towards choice, if we accept that she was voluntarily walking around unharmed long after she could/would/should have been at work.

JMO

"A spokesman for the group said: " ...... A brave person from the public managed to find these on a phone and we think there may be more out there. Please search your social media and photos if you were in the area that day."

Why do they say "brave"?

I think this really encouraging that after all this time possible new evidence is still emerging. Hopefully it means one day we might find out what happened to Leah. I really think the police should do national media appeal to find any guests who were staying in the hotel by the lake on the day she disappeared. It's surprising how many people still have never heard of leahs case.

Looking at the new photo released the figure is dressed totally in black but if you look at the CCTV footage from Leigh's hill that the police released earlier this year on the 2 year anniversary appeal she looks like she is wearing grey leggings. Yet all the missing appeals for her state that she was wearing black skinny jeans. It seems an odd detail to be wrong? Even after all this time? I've attached photos and would love to know what others think? Are they grey leggings or black jeans? Also the backpack leah is wearing looks lower down than the backpack on the figure in the new image released. It would be great for it to be confirmed as Leah because it would mean the witnesses were correct in the sightings of Leah by the lake at 11am. (something I always personally struggled to believe).

"She was last seen dressed in a black coat, skinny black jeans, black Converse high top shoes and carrying a small black rucksack."

Leah Croucher: Clothes appeal in missing teen case

Attachments

• 20211206_214822.jpg
    20211206_214822.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 77
  • 20211206_214841.jpg
    20211206_214841.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 71
I think this really encouraging that after all this time possible new evidence is still emerging. Hopefully it means one day we might find out what happened to Leah. I really think the police should do national media appeal to find any guests who were staying in the hotel by the lake on the day she disappeared. It's surprising how many people still have never heard of leahs case.

Looking at the new photo released the figure is dressed totally in black but if you look at the CCTV footage from Leigh's hill that the police released earlier this year on the 2 year anniversary appeal she looks like she is wearing grey leggings. Yet all the missing appeals for her state that she was wearing black skinny jeans. It seems an odd detail to be wrong? Even after all this time? I've attached photos and would love to know what others think? Are they grey leggings or black jeans? Also the backpack leah is wearing looks lower down than the backpack on the figure in the new image released. It would be great for it to be confirmed as Leah because it would mean the witnesses were correct in the sightings of Leah by the lake at 11am. (something I always personally struggled to believe).

"She was last seen dressed in a black coat, skinny black jeans, black Converse high top shoes and carrying a small black rucksack."

Leah Croucher: Clothes appeal in missing teen case

Also what happened to the snow or heavy frost that was around that morning? The pictures, weather-wise, look as though they were taken on different days.

262720038_10157932438866086_7144593855448000701_n.jpg

T0FLMTM1MzA4MTQw.jpg

I want to believe, I really do, but... this could be anyone, as could the second figure. I'm watching with interest, though. At the very least, I think it should be possible to determine the height of the figure pictured, which might clarify things.

But, even if this is Leah, why do "all the possible lakeside sightings now strengthen the conviction held by Leah's own family and friends - that the then 19-year-old would never disappear voluntarily and must have been taken against her will or coerced by someone she knew" - ?

To me, the relative likelihood of choice rather than coercion is basically unchanged by this, or, if anything, the balance tips a little more towards choice, if we accept that she was voluntarily walking around unharmed long after she could/would/should have been at work.

JMO
In the photo in the newspaper article there are about five black shapes lurking around. Could it be that some students were having a day out. In the district where I live we have lots of language schools and the students all wear backpacks with their school logo on so it would not be out of place to see maybe half a dozen people at a tourist spot all with backpacks.

There was no snow that day just morning frost. I’m guessing the pics being 2.5 hours apart can explain that somewhat, although I’m certainly no weather expert!

2 things I agree are very odd are
1. The use of the word brave as a PP pointed out when talking about the person who found the photo. Maybe just bad reporting? Unconsidered comment?
And 2. How they seem to have concluded the below extract from the article. If it is her, It seems she was alone so could have continued on to work if she had chosen of course IMO
“all the possible lakeside sightings now strengthen the conviction held by Leah's own family and friends - that the then19-year-old would never disappear voluntarily and must have been taken against her will or coerced by someone she knew.”

One thing it definitely confirms for me as I expected is that there would have been/were lots of people in the area at that time of day. It’s really hard for me to believe she could have been taken against her will without someone seeing or hearing something.

It sounds like the Facebook group is gaining more and more traction though.

There was no snow that day just morning frost. I’m guessing the pics being 2.5 hours apart can explain that somewhat, although I’m certainly no weather expert!

2 things I agree are very odd are
1. The use of the word brave as a PP pointed out when talking about the person who found the photo. Maybe just bad reporting? Unconsidered comment?
And 2. How they seem to have concluded the below extract from the article. If it is her, It seems she was alone so could have continued on to work if she had chosen of course IMO
“all the possible lakeside sightings now strengthen the conviction held by Leah's own family and friends - that the then19-year-old would never disappear voluntarily and must have been taken against her will or coerced by someone she knew.”

One thing it definitely confirms for me as I expected is that there would have been/were lots of people in the area at that time of day. It’s really hard for me to believe she could have been taken against her will without someone seeing or hearing something.

It sounds like the Facebook group is gaining more and more traction though.

The use of the word brave came from the FB group, not the reporter. Why they chose to phrase it that way is anyone's guess.

A lot of posters on this thread have said previously that Leah could have got into a vehicle which was driven by someone she knew, someone she trusted, so there would be no indication to anyone who was around that morning to suggest there was anything wrong.

Absolutely.
Plus didn’t he have to check in at a half way house on that morning after release. I don’t see any way that he would have been wandering the streets of MK at 8.30 am even if he was released from the closest prison to the area.
By all accounts his release was a complete shambles so who knows if he checked in at a half way house on 15th February 2019.
Suspected serial rapist may have been freed from jail early in error

There may be something of interest here in a word document format
HMPPS Annual Digest 2018 to 2019

Previous statistics are also rather worrying
How many prisoners are released by mistake?

Also what happened to the snow or heavy frost that was around that morning? The pictures, weather-wise, look as though they were taken on different days.

262720038_10157932438866086_7144593855448000701_n.jpg

T0FLMTM1MzA4MTQw.jpg
My thoughts too..
Interestingly I was in the area recently when it was frosty and icy, and one of the residential estates was thick frost-covered all surfaces and entirely in shade but the main grid road completely clear- including the verges in sunlight so i suppose putting experience in this could be the same day.

Glad to see there is still activity on this thread, I'm caught up now.

I saw a reference to locals on here and a link to the FB group. Just to say as a MK local I am not linking between the two areas. I appreciate the mod comment. It would be a shame to deter local people from engaging in the conversation.

HollyH when catching up I saw someone- sorry I can't recall who- posted CCTV images of Leah and the trousers look black so I think it could just be different sources maybe copying of images changes the lighting etc. I'll try to find it and link but I've read all the entries since October 26 to stay upto date!

Has anyone seen or completed any CCTV enhancing on the recently released photo? There were some excellent CCTV experts on the Sarah Everard thread it would be really useful if someone could take a good look.

By all accounts his release was a complete shambles so who knows if he checked in at a half way house on 15th February 2019.
Suspected serial rapist may have been freed from jail early in error

There may be something of interest here in a word document format
HMPPS Annual Digest 2018 to 2019

Previous statistics are also rather worrying
How many prisoners are released by mistake?
I was thinking about another scenario here. What if someone was released from prison around the same time Leah went missing and did not initially take Leah as other people were also involved. This gives a much larger window of opportunity for someone like the JMC guy we have already mentioned.

The barn photo has been superimposed by several people. Another suggestion has been put forward as an alternative to it being Leah Croucher. Does anyone know about this missing persons case.

By whom?

A member of the public has suggested the alternative to it being the other missing woman. This is based on the superimposed photos.
For all we know it could have been a homeless person whose happened to be sleeping in the derelict barn. Others speculate the MK Citizen and Sun newspaper photo of barn lady as not even being a human figure.

But where are you getting this information from? What member of the public? Where did they say this? What superimposed photos? This is starting to feel like the exchange of views a few pages back where someone was assuming we were all abreast of what was being discussed in the fb group and everyone ended up totally confused.

If you're going to discuss what's being said elsewhere, please could you quote a source that we can all access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu