Deceased/Not Found UK - Leah Louise Ware (still missing) and Alexandra Morgan, May/Nov 2021 *Guilty*

He was checking out more girls on the adult site, so who knows how many more potential victims there may have been had he not been caught.
Yes, and he’d already picked out his next victim in ‘Little Lilly Spring’ as discussed at the trial. Luckily she’s still alive and active on the site

So it ends, well at least until 13 January. If Brown is ever released he will be in his 70s. Brown is a classic psychopath he is only interested in himself.He was a serial killer who was prevented from further killings through the actions of his victim Alex Morgan who suspected his motives and left a phone with screen grabs and discussions about where she was going. It should be also be noted that a witness Elizabeth Howard's information to the police about her
school friend who got back in touch with her greatly helped police.I think that Brown also had friends that normally that would not have assisted police did cooperate because they must have been disgusted by his actions. Well done Sussex and Kent Police, thank you for taking this person off the streets.

0_JS282997614.jpg

SussexLive reporter Tom Fox (left)

I thought that was Kenny Everett at first glance :D

10:24 Alex Boyd

Busy courtroom in Hove as sentencing hearing nears​

0_Hove-crown-court.jpg

The trial of Mark Brown begun at Hove Crown Court on October 17 (Image: SussexLive)

Our reporter Thomas Fox is in court in Hove today, as he was throughout the trial last year. He has described the court room this morning as being very busy, as to be expected.

A number of people are in the public gallery, including the victim's families.

Police officers involved in the case are also present, as are a number of members of the press.

The sentencing hearing is due to get under way shortly, with Mr Justice Nicholas Hilliard presiding over it - as he did for the trial.

10:49 KEY EVENT

BREAKING: Mark Brown not in court for sentencing hearing​

Mark Brown will not be in court for his sentencing hearing, it has been confirmed. It remains to be seen whether he will appear via video link from prison, or other means.

Our reporter, Tom, is sat in court waiting for the hearing to begin. He says the courtroom is so busy that members of the press have been asked to sit in the dock:

Large crowds have turned out today for the sentencing of Mark Brown. The press box is full with all 10 reporters having to sit in the dock. Several witnesses from the trial have returned to watch the sentencing that will be handed down to Mark Brown - who is not in attendance today.

Several family members are also sat in the courtroom as they prepare to give family impact statements.

As has been the case for much of the trial, numerous police officers are also in the courtroom. This includes Det Supt Andy Wolstenholme and DCI Neil Kimber, who led the investigations for Sussex Police and Kent Police respectively.

10:58 Alex Boyd

Mark Brown's absence 'no surprise' - sentencing hearing begins​

The judge, Mr Justice Nicholas Hilliard, has entered the courtroom.

Prosecutor Duncan Atkinson KC begins proceedings, saying: "This court has a discretion to sentence the defendant in his absence, especially when that absence is a voluntary one."

Ian Henderson KC, Brown's counsel, says he met Mark Brown on January 4 and that his absence is “not a surprise to me” but he advised Brown the sentencing could continue without him. Mr Henderson will not seek to adjourn the hearing to another date.

Mr Justice Hilliard says he is satisfied” that Brown's absence is voluntary and the judge is happy to proceed. He then asks if there is any additional information from the prison regarding the absence.

11:03 Alex Boyd

Alex Morgan's parents describe her as 'adoring' mum​

The court hears letters from Alex Morgan's parents.

Alex is described as a “bright and energetic young woman with a determination to succeed and a strong work ethic who had endured challenges, challenges that she was overcoming to better the lives of her children that she adored".

11:09 Alex Boyd

Leah Ware was 'kind, generous, loving'​

A statement from Leah Ware's mum is read to court. It says in part:

Leah was only 32 with her whole life ahead of her. Who would have thought she would be taken away in such shocking and horrific circumstances.

She was kind, generous, intelligent and loving to everyone she met.

Speaking of Leah’s children, Rebecca adds: "I absolutely dread what will go through their minds when they find out what happened to their mum."

11:13 KEY EVENT

'Being robbed of the chance to bury your child is intolerable'​

Leah Ware's mum has directed comments toward her daughter's killer, Mark Brown.

He continues to refuse to say what he did to Leah's body after he murdered her.

Leah's mum says:
He [Brown] continues to extend this sadistic torture to the rest of the family by not explaining what he did to her.

She adds "he treated her like a piece of dirt" and "he has stopped her from having a proper burial".

Leah's mum continues:
Being robbed of the chance to bury your child is intolerable. Leah’s children will have nowhere to go to pay tribute to their mummy. How can he continue with this brutal torment?

Rebecca describes the pain of explaining Leah’s absence to her children as "insurmountable".

11:15 Alex Boyd

'Brown has shown no remorse'​

Leah Ware's mum's statement continues to be heard in court. She says:

After hearing the evidence in court, I know Leah has now passed. What I find truly shocking is that Brown has shown no remorse for the murders of Leah or Alexandra Morgan.

I don’t know how anyone can be so cruel as to take my daughter's life. I will make sure Leah’s children grow up knowing who their mummy was.

11:18 Alex Boyd

Leah Ware's sister labels Brown: 'Perverted psychopath'​

Zara Ware, Leah's sister, has provided a statement to the court. It is being read by Mr Atkinson KC.

She describes Leah's death as "the most destroying and devastating experience I could ever imagine".

Zara describes Brown as a “perverted psychopath.”

She describes Leah’s children as “the most important thing to her” but that she “put her love into the wrong people".

11:20 KEY EVENT

'This will haunt my family forever'​

Zara Ware's statement continues:

She [Leah] wasn’t unstable, she was misunderstood. She will never have the chance to see her children again. How do you explain to children that they will never see their mummy again?

I dread the day that any of them will ask questions about their mum. I had to watch as my mum found out that she had lost her first born child.

This will haunt my family forever.

Did she suffer when she was killed. Did he torture her for his sick, perverted fantasies?

11:21 Alex Boyd

'I'm sorry I couldn't protect you Leah'​

The court hears that one of Leah’s final texts to Zara read: “I will always be your big sister, be there for you and protect you."

Zara’s statement adds: “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you Leah, my heart now has a massive hole that can't’ be filled."

11:29 Alex Boyd

'No punishment will ever be harsh enough'​

Ashley, Leah’s cousin, is now reading a statement to court.

She says:

As I grew up I had so many experiences with Leah that I will always look back on with a smile on my face. Since losing Leah I have felt a huge emptiness in my heart, emptiness that will never go away. I have never felt such pain.

What will her children choose to believe? Her children will have access to everything that was said in this trial, including Brown’s lies.

No punishment will ever be harsh enough.

11:33 Alex Boyd

'She would always put herself out there for other people'​

Gabby Barnard, another of Leah's cousins, has also provided a statement.

It reads:

The Leah that Brown talked about was certainly not the Leah I know and loved. I can’t believe I have lost my wonderful cousin due to his callous actions.

She would always put herself out there for other people. He has not had the decency and respect to say what he did with Leah. He has continued to tell lies.

Gabby’s statement also states that she hopes Brown will uncover the location of Leah’s body so they can have a proper burial.

11:35 Alex Boyd

'Mark Brown has committed the worst crime known to man, twice'​

Mr Atkinson KC now reads a statement from Nickie Ware, another of Leah's cousins. Nickie says that the death of their grandad had a big impact on Leah.

Leah and Nickie would visit their grandad at his farm where she discovered her love of horses.

The statement says:

She was not a bad person. She had just lost her way in life.

I always hoped Leah would find her way back to me one day and that we could relive our childhood.

Mark Brown has committed the worst crime known to man, twice.

Leah can never be at peace until she is laid to rest by her family properly. She never got to live the life that she desperately wanted. She should be here with us.

11:42 Alex Boyd

'Had I not had Leah, I would have been all on my own'​

Alice Barnard is reading her statement to the court.

After time spent wondering what happened to Leah, Brown was charged with her murder last February. When she discovered this, Alice says: ”I couldn’t breathe, I had never felt pain like it.”

She adds: “I wanted to be just like her. When I saw her putting ketchup on her rice, I wanted to try it. I did and it was horrible.”

After enduring a difficult spell in her life, Alice received a lot of support from Leah:

"Had I not had Leah, I would have been all on my own and I don’t know where I would be right now.

"Her children will never be able to lay her to rest. They should be growing up with their mother in their lives but Brown has cheated them out of this.

"He has committed the worst crime known to man and for that he does not deserve to ever walk the streets again."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back