Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted yesterday about possibility that Libby heard and saw something that creeped her out when she got to her door and made her flee down the street. I believe her friends didn’t report her missing until 11:30am, so I would assume they didn’t notice or suspect anything out of the ordinary when they arrived home and assumed Libby was sleeping off a hangover.

I was having a bit of a think about why she might not have gone into her house when the taxi took her home. Here are my thoughts on possible reasons:

1. She already knew she didn't have her keys on her and so deliberately set off in the direction of a friends house or back to the club

2. She didn't want someone to see her go into her house as she didn't want someone nearby to see that was where she lived.

3. She was genuinely disorientated and thought she was at the wrong house.

I'm wondering about 2. as I have done this before when I was with a taxi driver that I felt a bit weird around. I asked him to drop me off at a different street that was close to mine but not where I lived.
Edit: I wonder if maybe the fact that there were other students roaming around when she was dropped off was what made her not go into her house and instead try go back to the main road.

Just my thoughts.

How anybody can tell anything beyond locking and unlocking light flashes; a man sitting with his legs out of a car doing something with his hands; a car driving past; a cyclist going past and someone getting into passenger side before the man gets into the driver’s side and drives away, is beyond me.

I can’t find anything that slows down the film on my iPad (have tried 3 dots and cog) and switched between mobile and desktop.

I really have no idea how many doors that car has

If you go to the Daily Mail's Youtube account, when you play the video, click on the cog and you change the speed that it plays. That's what I did.

I posted yesterday about possibility that Libby heard and saw something that creeped her out when she got to her door and made her flee down the street. I believe her friends didn’t report her missing until 11:30am, so I would assume they didn’t notice or suspect anything out of the ordinary when they arrived home and assumed Libby was sleeping off a hangover.

How soon after she was reported missing did the police become actively involved in the search for her?

If her friends reported her disappearance at 11:30am - pressumably from checking her room and finding her gone - would that be enough to begin an intensive search right away?

During the first 24 hours it might be assumed she’d stayed with other friends. At what stage do the police begin to take it very seriously rather than just another student crashing out at a mates place?

I ask because I wonder if there was anything else to indicate something more suspicious when her housemates awoke and began worrying ... room broken into, previous stalker issues etc?

How is it possible in this day and age with CCTV everywhere that a person can vanish from a city? I'm now torn again thinking this suspect is not the brightest as he was known to the police and the locals for being a creep- so if he did abduct Libby- how on earth he has managed to leave no trace of her whereabouts is unreal.

She got into a car, and police seem to be only searching the nearby park. A car means that she could be anywhere, but it is important to be thorough searching "walking distance" areas.

Other than the screams, why do police believe that she is still in the vicinity of the bench? Do they think that she was abducted, taken to the nearby park, assaulted and murdered? Couldn't she have been assaulted at the park and taken back to his car, and then driven farther away?

If he's a first time serious offender, wouldn't he want to distance the body from his home - even if he met the victim near his home? If so, her body is probably within 15 - 20 miles of his home. That seems to be the standard distance for first timers.

I read something about 3AM. If she was abducted at 12:08, were there 3 hours in the park, or 20 minutes in the park and then driving to some other place and returning home around 3AM? Or is the 3AM the time when her roommates arrived at home and reported her missing?

When was she reported missing ... 10AM or 3AM?

Buddy system for swimming and drinking.
This #metoo era has women thinking that they can swim alone.

At least one friend should have stood by her side that night. She was too drunk to drink, someone should have seen her home.
It's hard to judge a situation when you were not there and have no knowledge of the persons history.

Also worth remembering that all her friends had also been drinking. Alcohol and great decision making are not usually good partners.

The fact that we don’t see lights flashing again to indicate that he locks doors on walk round to his side would indicate to me that the person either got in willingly or was too incapacitated to fight. If someone bundled me into a car then walked away from my door, I’m pretty sure I’d try to open it and flee.
Very true

According to this news article she was reported missing early hours in the morning, I'd say that points to more 3am Police charge man with voyeurism and burglary as search for missing student Libby Squire continues

Seeing as they are not appealing for the Citroen driver, then the one in the footage has to be the person who stopped, therefore he must have seen PR, the only way he may not have seen him is that PR knew the driver may see him and that's why he returns to his car and sits in the seat maybe waiting for it to be clear for him to get to Libby, however it's not long after she gets in the car does the Citroen leave.

SEARCH ENTERS 12TH DAY

LIBBY Squire cops are today quizzing neighbours on whether they “saw or heard anything unusual” on the night she went missing – as the search enters its 12th day.

She went missing after she was turned away from a Hull nightclub for being drunk.

Friends put her in a taxi home and she was last seen on a park bench yards from her student digs just before midnight.

CCTV footage from 12.09am showed a woman, believed to be Libby, getting into a car and being driven away.

The search for Libby has seen officers scour gardens and alleyways around her home on Wellesley Avenue, and cops have repeatedly looked around the nearby Oak Road playing fields.

Detectives have previously said they are continuing to treat her disappearance as a missing persons investigation and are "keeping an open mind" as to her whereabouts.

Libby Squire cops quiz neighbours about 'unusual activity' as search continues

That's right Ched. At 11:30 Friday the police issued a description of Libby. Presumably by that point they had checked with her friends and family, realised her phone was at home and she hadn't made it back, and determined that she wasn't with anyone she knew.

We do not know at exactly what time Libby was reported missing but the police moved unusually quickly on this so they obviously knew something was very wrong from the start.

I can only imagine how many frantic texts and phone calls were going on that morning. Rising panic.

This is what makes me think there’s something wrong at the flatmates / Libby’s house , more than just a student didn’t sleep there that night....

I was having a bit of a think about why she might not have gone into her house when the taxi took her home. Here are my thoughts on possible reasons:

1. She already knew she didn't have her keys on her and so deliberately set off in the direction of a friends house or back to the club

2. She didn't want someone to see her go into her house as she didn't want someone nearby to see that was where she lived.

I'm wondering about 2. as I have done this before when I was with a taxi driver that I felt a bit weird around. I asked him to drop me off at a different street that was close to mine but not where I lived.
Edit: I wonder if maybe the fact that there were other students roaming around when she was dropped off was what made her not go into her house and instead try go back to the main road.

Just my thoughts.

I can see 1 or 2 been entirely possible and had thought about number 1 especially.

Maybe she changed her mind about going home and decided to walk a few houses away to a friend's house or something and then went to the bench if they were not home.

Number 2 I've done this also before when I've not wanted someone to know where I live.

"10:15
Pictures from the search
Officers can be seen chopping away at bushes and bracken in woodland in Oak Road Playing Fields."
0_Police-search-oak-road-playing-fields-Libby-Squire.jpg

Just my thoughts.
I think it's most likely that she knew she didn't have her keys - she probably figured this out in the taxi - and walked down to where she knew there was a bench to sit on.

There are other possibilities. For example, she didn't want to be alone and was intending to go to a local pub, but became disoriented on the way and sat down on the bench. Or even that she was just upset and angry that her friends had gone into the club without her and couldn't stand the idea of being alone in the house. It's hard to say - most of us have made some very strange decisions when we've been in that state. When you sober up you have no idea why you did what you did.

Buddy system for swimming and drinking.
This #metoo era has women thinking that they can swim alone.

At least one friend should have stood by her side that night. She was too drunk to drink, someone should have seen her home.
Yes I agree if the club turned her away that should have been enough for a friend to think it’s too late dark cold she’s very drunk doesn’t have her phone anything can happen should see her home incase I know they probably didn’t think much of it at the time but it could have saved her

If you go to the Daily Mail's Youtube account, when you play the video, click on the cog and you change the speed that it plays. That's what I did.

The cog only lets me change the resolution

How soon after she was reported missing did the police become actively involved in the search for her?

If her friends reported her disappearance at 11:30am - pressumably from checking her room and finding her gone - would that be enough to begin an intensive search right away?

During the first 24 hours it might be assumed she’d stayed with other friends. At what stage do the police begin to take it very seriously rather than just another student crashing out at a mates place?

I ask because I wonder if there was anything else to indicate something more suspicious when her housemates awoke and began worrying ... room broken into, previous stalker issues etc?

Can someone tell me what night of the week this all happened, please?

The first Police public appeal was at 11:30am.

Considering everything else that would go before the Police launching a public appeal for a missing person, she was reported missing a lot earlier. Probably early morning (3am) when her friends returned home and couldn't find her.

I think it's most likely that she knew she didn't have her keys - she probably figured this out in the taxi - and walked down to where she knew there was a bench to sit on.

There are other possibilities. For example, she didn't want to be alone and was intending to go to a local pub, but became disoriented on the way and sat down on the bench. Or even that she was just upset and angry that her friends had gone into the club without her and couldn't stand the idea of being alone in the house. It's hard to say - most of us have made some very strange decisions when we've been in that state. When you sober up you have no idea why you did what you did.
I mean I don’t drink so I don’t know exactly what it’s like but Yeah I would be upset too knowing they left me to it i agree she may have just intended to go to local pub

Just went back to look at the student witnesses again - I hadn't appreciated that both they and the taxi driver actively interact with Libby before she staggers off down the street.

"Tom Tully, 20, said: “On the night of her disappearance we were going to the Welly too. It was below 0C. The taxi dropped her off. She got out and was walking down the street. She fell over a couple of times. She dressed all in black. “We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door. “She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up.”"

This makes me discount the idea that she saw PR lurking in or around her front door, and that's why she didn't go in. Even a very drunk incoherent person would at least gesture back in the direction of what had frightened them, if others were around and appeared helpful, surely?

She sounds to me more in that drunk state of being on a mission, concentrating on just putting one foot in front of the other, rather than fleeing a threat at this stage. And possibly too drunk even to focus on the door numbers and getting ashamed and confused.

I know this is old ground, just revisiting in light of theories around PR being in and around Wellesley St when she arrived.

Given what I'm reading about her condition, I'm very inclined to believe that she was slipped a roofie or something equally powerful that completely incapacitated her. The descriptions of what she did that night are not consistent, in my opinion, with being pissed backwards but not so bad that your friends are worried. Drugs hit fast and hard. If her friends were unconcerned about her heading home alone and 20 minutes later she could not find the front door ... doesn't that seem like more than alcohol.

I'm not saying that someone drugged her and followed her home, but that possibly someone thought it would be okay to slip her a drug, lost track of her, she was refused entry at the next pub, sent home in a cab, drugs took full effect and she was victimized by someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member