Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Tully, 20, said: “On the night of her disappearance we were going to the Welly too. It was below zero. The taxi dropped her off. She got out and was walking down the street. She fell over a couple of times. She dressed all in black. We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door.
She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up.”

'...walking away from her front door' doesn't necessarily mean Libby had been up to it, the first part sounds like she moved straight off from the taxi. The 2 students and the taxi driver were all there and the former don't report her running.

Missing Libby Squire’s sobbing mum begs her ‘beautiful girl’ to make contact as police divers search river
Yes - there's nothing in any of the reports which suggests that Libby approached the house but was disturbed by something she saw there. It seems she just got out of the taxi and wandered down the road away from the house.

Good morning everyone! Finding it hard to get to sleep at night
I asked towards end of previous thread but it was late so only a few answered ;

Without looking at arrested mans car photos ( don’t look at them )
Play the cctv of smoking man at car and say if you think it’s 2 doors or 4 doors please ?

When I first saw the cctv I thought the car was 2 doors.

Watched it closely too definitely a person gets in and looks like they are helped in I agree with you

The fact that we don’t see lights flashing again to indicate that he locks doors on walk round to his side would indicate to me that the person either got in willingly or was too incapacitated to fight. If someone bundled me into a car then walked away from my door, I’m pretty sure I’d try to open it and flee.

I wish someone had checked for her keys and put them into her hand...maybe even bar employees could do that when they send people away in cabs...would it be so hard?

Nice idea, but firstly you'd need more staff to cover controlling entry to the club and looking after people refused entry = more expense. And where does the resonsibility end? What about duty of care for people leaving the club during the night or at the end? Finally, how do you check for keys? Do you trust a drunk person who says yes, I've got them? If they say no or can't find them, what then? Patting someone down or checking bags leaves staff open to accusations of assault or theft.

Nice idea, but firstly you'd need more staff to cover controlling entry to the club and looking after people refused entry = more expense. And where does the resonsibility end? What about duty of care for people leaving the club during the night or at the end? Finally, how do you check for keys? Do you trust a drunk person who says yes, I've got them? If they say no or can't find them, what then? Patting someone down or checking bags leaves staff open to accusations of assault or theft.
This. It's just not feasible to make pubs and nightclubs responsible for the welfare of every drunk person they turn away - it would be far too complicated and costly. Where would the money come from to employ the teams of people required to implement it?

Last edited:
I asked towards end of previous thread but it was late so only a few answered ;

Without looking at arrested mans car photos ( don’t look at them )
Play the cctv of smoking man at car and say if you think it’s 2 doors or 4 doors please ?

Just rewatched cctv a number of times stopping and starting whilst it drives away but I just can’t tell for sure, it’s annoying how bad the quality is.

I really don't think that guy in the cobweb CCTV is PR. I know it keeps being dismissed here but the daily mail made a point of saying "As part of their ongoing investigation, police arrested a 24-year-old man yesterday, thought he is not thought to be the man in the CCTV footage. "

CCTV probe in Libby Squire's disappearance after man caught on camera getting into car | Daily Mail Online

I DO however believe Libby was in PR's car, like his sister said, and there was an altercation which resulted in the neighbour hearing screams but at this moment I'm leaning more towards him leaving her at her house and either her returning to the bench and getting into the car with the CCTV guy, being abducted by someone else or wandering off on her own somewhere(like the Oak playing fields and that's why they don't have a specific place to search in the park but all over, guessing).
I know people here don't like hearing people say they don't believe he's guilty..sorry :/ He makes the perfect suspect though with the creeping/stealing/voyeurism and being one of the last people to see her.

I think they released that CCTV footage for a reason and that's to try and get that man to come forward to identify themselves and rules themselves out just because of the close proximity to where Libby was last seen. There could be numerous reasons why he isn't coming forward, maybe he's picking up a prostitute, maybe he was committing crimes that night, maybe he has a criminal record which would make the police suspicious that he could be involved or maybe he is actually someone who has abducted/hurt her. I just don't think it's PR.

Maybe they also have evidence that P has been in Libby’s house but Libby and her friends also had a burglary recently so they can’t prove that items belonging to her found his his house weren’t stolen prior to the night she went missing.

He did get in touch and, according to the police, was "very helpful".

And he's been cleared.

“During the course of our investigations we have spoken to a taxi driver and another motorist who stopped to help Libby on the night. I want to make it clear that these two individuals are not suspects in this enquiry.

Libby Squire: One week on | Humberside Police

We really should not be discussing him in any detail.

Last edited:
"09:47
Search teams are back at Oak Road Playing Fields
A police car has parked up in the car park at Oak Road Playing Fields. Our reporter says there are around a dozen officers congregating with large wooden sticks. It looks like they are about to go out into the park to continue the search."

Libby Squire latest as police continue search in Hull's Oak Road

I know they definitely need to start doing something, it’s so sad the only way this will stop happening is looking out for each other, however I was thinking even if the taxi driver had checked that she got in okay but these days taxi drivers won’t make sure u get in okay or help you in in that state as they don’t want to get accused of anything because of people that get falsely accused. really hope the pubs and clubs do more and learn from this.

Buddy system for swimming and drinking.
This #metoo era has women thinking that they can swim alone.

At least one friend should have stood by her side that night. She was too drunk to drink, someone should have seen her home.

OMG. I woke up with this on my head ! What do you think ?

Put yourself in drunk Libby’s situation, why wouldn’t she go in her house when taxi drops her off ?
We thought possibly lost keys but think why else you wouldn’t go in ..... something scared her or didn’t feel right , is Libby’s house the bush one ? What if she went towards her front door and she saw something .... something like the door was slightly open , not enough to make her scream but enough to freak her out , she hurry’s away as fast as she can and stumbles a bit ( as seen by lads opposite ) (she might not have seen lads or thought they were the ones messing with her house) she’s trying to get away from house and goes to bench . She’s in a state , drunk , alone , no phone , no mates , she’s scared to go back to house etc , man stops as in a state but she doesn’t know what to say about house as it sounds odd that you just don’t think something is right .

To add to it to make this stronger , why was she a missing person so quickly, so very quickly ?
Friends get in from club realise their house has been broken into and Libby not there , they phone police straight away , so it’s not just a burglary but someone who should be there isn’t ...... maybe even the girls go in their bedrooms and drawers are open and vibrator gone or other pervert stuff . (Think how many times police get calls saying my drunk mate isn’t home and I can’t get hold of them ,they don’t start a police hunt that quick as most of them are sleeping over with someone they met )

Police find his finger prints DNA there , he’s burgled the house , Libby can’t be found , so charge for abduction !
I posted yesterday about possibility that Libby heard and saw something that creeped her out when she got to her door and made her flee down the street. I believe her friends didn’t report her missing until 11:30am, so I would assume they didn’t notice or suspect anything out of the ordinary when they arrived home and assumed Libby was sleeping off a hangover.

I posted yesterday about possibility that Libby heard and saw something that creeped her out when she got to her door and made her flee down the street. I believe her friends didn’t report her missing until 11:30am, so I would assume they didn’t notice or suspect anything out of the ordinary when they arrived home and assumed Libby was sleeping off a hangover.

Sure I read she was reported missing around 3am when her friends returned home.

"09:47
Search teams are back at Oak Road Playing Fields
A police car has parked up in the car park at Oak Road Playing Fields. Our reporter says there are around a dozen officers congregating with large wooden sticks. It looks like they are about to go out into the park to continue the search."

Libby Squire latest as police continue search in Hull's Oak Road

Hoping, like every day since Libby has been missing, that there will be some sort of breakthrough today. Every time I get a notification from DM on my phone I’m praying it’s that they have found her. If I, a complete stranger to Libby, feel this way I can only imagine what torture this must be for her parents.

Was 11:30 am when the actual police appealed rather than the friends called it in? If so the friends called it in a lot earlier than that

Just went back to look at the student witnesses again - I hadn't appreciated that both they and the taxi driver actively interact with Libby before she staggers off down the street.

"Tom Tully, 20, said: “On the night of her disappearance we were going to the Welly too. It was below 0C. The taxi dropped her off. She got out and was walking down the street. She fell over a couple of times. She dressed all in black. “We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door. “She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up.”"

This makes me discount the idea that she saw PR lurking in or around her front door, and that's why she didn't go in. Even a very drunk incoherent person would at least gesture back in the direction of what had frightened them, if others were around and appeared helpful, surely?

She sounds to me more in that drunk state of being on a mission, concentrating on just putting one foot in front of the other, rather than fleeing a threat at this stage. And possibly too drunk even to focus on the door numbers and getting ashamed and confused.

I know this is old ground, just revisiting in light of theories around PR being in and around Wellesley St when she arrived.

Good to read this again ..had forgotten how drunk she actually was

The students who lived across the road and witnessed Libby arriving home in the taxi said that she didn't approach the house - she just got out of the taxi and wandered down the road. So it's likely that she either knew she didn't have her keys or just decided that she didn't want to be alone at home. If there was suspicious activity going on in the house, the students across the road would probably have witnessed it too, but there has been no mention of this at all by the police.

Perhaps she was so drunk that she didn't know that she was at home.

How anybody can tell anything beyond locking and unlocking light flashes; a man sitting with his legs out of a car doing something with his hands; a car driving past; a cyclist going past and someone getting into passenger side before the man gets into the driver’s side and drives away, is beyond me.

I can’t find anything that slows down the film on my iPad (have tried 3 dots and cog) and switched between mobile and desktop.

I really have no idea how many doors that car has

Was 11:30 am when the actual police appealed rather than the friends called it in? If so the friends called it in a lot earlier than that

That's right Ched. At 11:30 Friday the police issued a description of Libby. Presumably by that point they had checked with her friends and family, realised her phone was at home and she hadn't made it back, and determined that she wasn't with anyone she knew.

We do not know at exactly what time Libby was reported missing but the police moved unusually quickly on this so they obviously knew something was very wrong from the start.

I can only imagine how many frantic texts and phone calls were going on that morning. Rising panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtDiva