Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Beresford Road 12:05 possible sighting was reported in the first couple of days.

We noticed soon after that all reference to it had been removed from the article and from the Facebook news post. We assumed this meant that sighting had been discredited.

Is 12:05 still mentioned in more recent articles?

I can't seem to find what time the man with the grey hair stopped to check on the woman however we do know he was driving a Citroen, could this be the same citroen we see on the CCTV? Do the times match? If so I am wondering if the reason he stopped is maybe he saw PR pestering her and her crying and thats why he stopped to ask if she was ok, I'm wondering if he phoned the police and reported it?

Yeh I wondered if grey hair guy is the same guy that pulls off in the car in that other cctv.

But then read he stopped quite a bit earlier 11.45ish.

Unless he hung around after? Picking up a takeaway? Nipping to Sainsbury before it closed?

The Beresford Road 12:05 possible sighting was reported in the first couple of days.

We noticed soon after that all reference to it had been removed from the article and from the Facebook news post. We assumed this meant that sighting had been discredited.

I've only seen it mentioned on here and in a link to a newspaper report from earlier on in the investigation....so we can forget about that one then??

For me that for sure means the person getting in the car on cctv is Libby.

How is it possible in this day and age with CCTV everywhere that a person can vanish from a city? I'm now torn again thinking this suspect is not the brightest as he was known to the police and the locals for being a creep- so if he did abduct Libby- how on earth he has managed to leave no trace of her whereabouts is unreal.

I've only seen it mentioned on here and in a link to a newspaper report from earlier on in the investigation....so we can forget about that one then??

For me that for sure means the person getting in the car on cctv is Libby.

You would think that if it wasn't you would have some report of it being cleared and someone leaking to the media that it was them.

You would think that if it wasn't you would have some report of it being cleared and someone leaking to the media that it was them.

Yes definatly. I think if the police had not identified everyone in that footage we would have seen a direct appeal from them by now.

They have footage of the bench so will have seen exactly who approached LS.

Though I have seen reports it was just dashcam footage but then others have said it was a fixed camera.

I'm leaning towards fixes camera I think they have footage of the whole time she was sat there.

Can you tell any way if camera on bench is fixed or moving ?

I asked towards end of previous thread but it was late so only a few answered ;

Without looking at arrested mans car photos ( don’t look at them )
Play the cctv of smoking man at car and say if you think it’s 2 doors or 4 doors please ?

I can't seem to find what time the man with the grey hair stopped to check on the woman however we do know he was driving a Citroen, could this be the same citroen we see on the CCTV? Do the times match? If so I am wondering if the reason he stopped is maybe he saw PR pestering her and her crying and thats why he stopped to ask if she was ok, I'm wondering if he phoned the police and reported it?

'We’d like a man who got out of his car and helped Libby on Beverley Road near to Beresford Avenue around 11.45pm to get in touch with us.':

https://www-hulldailymail-co-uk.cdn...news/missing-libby-squire-search-find-2498869

Play the cctv of smoking man at car and say if you think it’s 2 doors or 4 doors please ?
I think it's a 4 door but just because of the length, I can't really make out the doors.

I don't think the car we've been looking at on CCTV is the same as PRs car. I really think we've been looking at unrelated footage.

The wheels look quite different.

Sainsbury's and The Haworth both closed at 12. I suspect we saw someone waiting to give a ride to a friend/significant other or something. The time is right for someone getting off of work.

I'm not saying PR is innocent. Police didn't just pull his name out of a hat. Just think the footage isn't Libby.

It not being her actually makes more sense to me. She may have started walking back to her house and that's when someone grabbed her.
So quite a few employees would have been headed home at that time. I wonder if those that drove have been questioned?

Will do it now.

Can you tell any way if camera on bench is fixed or moving ?

I think Joolz is differentiating between fixed (cctv) and moving (dashcam) as opposed to a cctv camera that has the functionality to move.

Looking at some of the premises on that main road - betting shops / bars / takeouts etc - I would expect there to be plenty of cctv. I think others have highlighted council cameras and car park cameras monitoring the main road too.

I would be v surprised if the police haven’t got clear footage of that bench / who approached LS and which direction she walked or was led in. Unfortunately we’re having to work from what we’ve got which is annoyingly just the spider cam footage and that video from The Sun of the cars driving down the main road - which I’m not even sure is related.

On another note re the car from spider cam ... I’m saying 2 door.

Just went back to look at the student witnesses again - I hadn't appreciated that both they and the taxi driver actively interact with Libby before she staggers off down the street.

"Tom Tully, 20, said: “On the night of her disappearance we were going to the Welly too. It was below 0C. The taxi dropped her off. She got out and was walking down the street. She fell over a couple of times. She dressed all in black. “We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door. “She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up.”"

This makes me discount the idea that she saw PR lurking in or around her front door, and that's why she didn't go in. Even a very drunk incoherent person would at least gesture back in the direction of what had frightened them, if others were around and appeared helpful, surely?

She sounds to me more in that drunk state of being on a mission, concentrating on just putting one foot in front of the other, rather than fleeing a threat at this stage. And possibly too drunk even to focus on the door numbers and getting ashamed and confused.

I know this is old ground, just revisiting in light of theories around PR being in and around Wellesley St when she arrived.

I honestly can't tell and wouldn't want to guess.

Sorry Ched I've looked and looked but because of the obscurity, the position of parking, the low light and the speed of movement I just can't tell. With the shape of the rear I would say 4, but that's not a very informed choice

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere recently, and not by the police either, so I tend to think that they viewed some CCTV that discredited the sighting.

Or, given that it’s such a short distance, maybe she only entered the very top of Beresford Ave, so they’ve stopped referring to it as a separate sighting as it’s essentially the same place as the bench, to avoid confusion

I think that is is 4 doors as I couldn't see the rear wheel when parked. At 07:52 I tried 'measuring' the length and my opinion is the same.

Last edited:
OMG. I woke up with this on my head ! What do you think ?

Put yourself in drunk Libby’s situation, why wouldn’t she go in her house when taxi drops her off ?
We thought possibly lost keys but think why else you wouldn’t go in ..... something scared her or didn’t feel right , is Libby’s house the bush one ? What if she went towards her front door and she saw something .... something like the door was slightly open , not enough to make her scream but enough to freak her out , she hurry’s away as fast as she can and stumbles a bit ( as seen by lads opposite ) (she might not have seen lads or thought they were the ones messing with her house) she’s trying to get away from house and goes to bench . She’s in a state , drunk , alone , no phone , no mates , she’s scared to go back to house etc , man stops as in a state but she doesn’t know what to say about house as it sounds odd that you just don’t think something is right .

To add to it to make this stronger , why was she a missing person so quickly, so very quickly ?
Friends get in from club realise their house has been broken into and Libby not there , they phone police straight away , so it’s not just a burglary but someone who should be there isn’t ...... maybe even the girls go in their bedrooms and drawers are open and vibrator gone or other pervert stuff . (Think how many times police get calls saying my drunk mate isn’t home and I can’t get hold of them ,they don’t start a police hunt that quick as most of them are sleeping over with someone they met )

Police find his finger prints DNA there , he’s burgled the house , Libby can’t be found , so charge for abduction !

Tom Tully, 20, said: “On the night of her disappearance we were going to the Welly too. It was below zero. The taxi dropped her off. She got out and was walking down the street. She fell over a couple of times. She dressed all in black. We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door.
She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up.”

'...walking away from her front door' doesn't necessarily mean Libby had been up to it, the first part sounds like she moved straight off from the taxi. The 2 students and the taxi driver were all there and the former don't report her running.

Missing Libby Squire’s sobbing mum begs her ‘beautiful girl’ to make contact as police divers search river

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member