UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
16:13
Images of Oak Road playing fields
DC Grandidge says they can see it is Relowicz’s car arriving at the playing fields due to the timing of it, how long it would take to get there from his last location and whether any other cars were seen in the area at that time.

Mr Wright is explaining a “tenfoot” to Justice Lambert as they discuss locations around Oak Road Playing Fields.

Libby Squire murder and rape trial - flatmates describe final night

For those not from Hull, a tenfoot is a wider alley, often running behind houses. I'd expect that this is the tenfoot being referred to:

Google Maps

I was wondering how the housemates texted Libby’s mum but perhaps they fid it from Libby’s phone?

Have to say everyone took much quicker action than we would ever have been able to do in my drunk uni days pre- mobiles. Parents would have had yo have been contacted by police, uni or post!

I was wondering how the housemates texted Libby’s mum but perhaps they fid it from Libby’s phone?

Have to say everyone took much quicker action than we would ever have been able to do in my drunk uni days pre- mobiles. Parents would have had yo have been contacted by police, uni or post!
My house mates had my parents number and I had their parents numbers back in the day just in case of emergencies.

16:29
CCTV lost the Astra for 50 minutes before returning on Princes Avenue
The jury is now being shown CCTV showing Relowicz leaving Oak Road Playing fields, back onto Beresford Avenue and Beverley Road to Sculcoates Lane at around 9.30pm

DC Grandidge says the Astra was then lost for around 50 minutes before it was picked up again on CCTV on Princes Avenue.

The jury is now being shown CCTV of the Astra after it was caught on Princes Avenue driving up on Newland Avenue, into Grafton Street, up Beverley Road, right into Alexandra Street, into Newland Avenue and on to Cottingham Road.

Libby Squire murder and rape trial - flatmates describe final night

You get the sense that PR was taking a tour of the areas in which he knew that students lived - areas in which we now know his offending was concentrated. It's awful, it seems like he was just looking for a house or person to take his interest.

I think there's probably some truth in (part of) these versions - that he offered to take Libby to her mum's. It explains why she would shout for him not to leave.

[What Relowicz told police ]
- He said he had asked if she was alright and she had told him she wanted to go home to her mum, the court heard, so he offered to drive her there.

[What Relowicz told his colleague ] - The girl was crying and asking for her mum as he drove her.

[ Relowicz's 'expected' defence in court ] - He will say he thought that she was directing him to her mother’s address and that is what led to him being parked up on the Oak Road playing fields.

Libby Squire trial - the five versions of what happened that night

This has really bugged me. Not once did libby mention her mum to another witness.

I thought she may have said it to not let him know her house was empty but her house mate was home.

Did she say it because she was scared? Or did she not say it all. I suppose only PR knows this. I get the impression he got a kick out of scaring women based on his previous convictions though.

You get the sense that PR was taking a tour of the areas in which he knew that students lived - areas in which we now know his offending was concentrated. It's awful, it seems like he was just looking for a house or person to take his interest.
Absolutely this. I wonder how many nights previously he had done this, just waiting for the right opportunity to present itself?

This has really bugged me. Not once did libby mention her mum to another witness.

I thought she may have said it to not let him know her house was empty but her house mate was home.

Did she say it because she was scared? Or did she not say it all. I suppose only PR knows this. I get the impression he got a kick out of scaring women based on his previous convictions though.
She may have said it. She was drunk and emotional, cut and bloodied knees, had fallen over in front of some lads outside her house, lost her keys, was cold. I would have wanted my mum.

I know it’s undisputed that Libby didn’t have her phone with her but I’m finding it tricky ascertaining where her phone was: her boyfriend says she texted him a photo @22:30 which must have been from the Cromer St friends house;she told the darts match men her friends had her phone so how did they think she would text if that was the case. The narrative isn’t clear on this.

Police find missing Libby Squire’s phone as parents beg her to get in contact
Phone found at her home. No info on it re whereabouts or movements

She may well have said it, but as we have heard she was incoherent and witnesses couldn't understand what she was saying.

I know it’s undisputed that Libby didn’t have her phone with her but I’m finding it tricky ascertaining where her phone was: her boyfriend says she texted him a photo @22:30 which must have been from the Cromer St friends house;she told the darts match men her friends had her phone so how did they think she would text if that was the case. The narrative isn’t clear on this.

Perhaps she used a friend's phone when at Cromer Street.

If she had left her phone at home ( which was normal practice ) then her friends knew that she should receive their text once she got back there

Libby telling the darts men that her friends had her phone - she probably just didn't remember she had left it at home and therefore thought her friends had it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert