Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM says he is concerned about Nicola Bulley disclosures​

The prime minister has said he was "concerned that private information was put into the public domain" by police investigating the disappearance of Nicola Bulley.

Rishi Sunak told broadcasters that he was "pleased the police are looking at how that happened".

"The focus must be on trying to find her," he added.

Speaking to the BBC, Mr Sunak said: "Well, I agree with the Home Secretary and like her I was concerned that that private information was put into the public domain and I believe that the police are looking at how that happened in the investigation.

"Obviously my thoughts are with Nicola's friends and family."

LE stated NB had ‘brain fog.’ Having never suffered from this I was interested to find out the symptoms/causes.
This article gives a pretty good understanding of the difficulties NB may have experienced.

PM says he is concerned about Nicola Bulley disclosures​

The prime minister has said he was "concerned that private information was put into the public domain" by police investigating the disappearance of Nicola Bulley.

Rishi Sunak told broadcasters that he was "pleased the police are looking at how that happened".

"The focus must be on trying to find her," he added.

Speaking to the BBC, Mr Sunak said: "Well, I agree with the Home Secretary and like her I was concerned that that private information was put into the public domain and I believe that the police are looking at how that happened in the investigation.

"Obviously my thoughts are with Nicola's friends and family."

Every politician, both sides, jumping onto the bandwagon.

He ought to know better re our policing. That it's meant to be operationally independent & no HO - whichever party is in power - can demand answers from a force on their operation. ( as she has done today)

<modsnip - off topic>
Only today, Sky News are telling their viewers that the ground was very muddy and slippery....It wasnt.
<modsnip - response to snipped portion of quoted post> It was wet and windy here down south that day and I daftly assumed it was wet in Lancs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t see how her mind was great when they then detail her struggles, bless her. This only two weeks after an intervention of sorts. It’s heartbreaking.
Well, obviously her Dad didn't know about her struggles if he said her mind was great (regarding the time he last saw her.)
Or maybe her mind was great that day....she'd had a meeting with her boss and arranged a mortgage with a client it was a good day for her. Maybe she didn't have many.

I apologize for this very basic question, but would appreciate any clarification a fellow WSer could provide:

Ron is apparently the fellow who found the phone, harness and leash on the bench at approx. 9:35 that morning, correct? But the same news reports have discussed a “10 minute window of time” between 9:10 (when she was seen in the upper field) and 9:20 (when her phone was returned to the bench).

What is that 9:20 location of her phone on the bench based on? Her phone’s GPS?

A body turns up after awhile in water.

Nathan Cole: Body found in canal believed to be missing man​

It's almost like a so called expert was just talking absolute nonsense. Numerous people have posted on here and elsewhere that it is very common for a body not to be found for weeks or months.

It could still provide data if it is ever recovered / found though. JMO
Unlikely now at the 3-week mark.

A FitBit typically can hold 7 days worth of detailed data, after the battery has drained to the point it shuts down, it will hold this data on the remaining charge but I don't expect that to last 3 weeks, almost certainly all gone now.

Would a fitbit still work if it's been underwater for several weeks?
Depending on the model, most are waterproof, but as per above, unless charged, likely the data is all gone now.

I apologize for this very basic question, but would appreciate any clarification a fellow WSer could provide:

Ron is apparently the fellow who found the phone, harness and leash on the bench at approx. 9:35 that morning, correct? But the same news reports have discussed a “10 minute window of time” between 9:10 (when she was seen in the upper field) and 9:20 (when her phone was returned to the bench).

What is that 9:20 location of her phone on the bench based on? Her phone’s GPS?
It was based on the phone's sensors.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
She most likely is in the river(or in the sea). Much more likely than walked off and somehow evaded being seen by the public or cctv, without any funds to support herself and much more likely than she was abducted and never seen or heard of by anyone.

Its a river of several miles before it reaches the sea. It's not uncommon at all for bodies in rivers not to be found for weeks or months.

Last edited by a moderator:
A body turns up after awhile in water.

Nathan Cole: Body found in canal believed to be missing man​

IMO it is curious that this missing person had virtually no coverage on media or on this forum but the NB case has got the prime minister talking.

Something odd going on here. Not sure what it is but this is being driven by something other than concern for the welfare of a missing person.

It's an odd one .

Unlikely now at the 3-week mark.

A FitBit typically can hold 7 days worth of detailed data, after the battery has drained to the point it shuts down, it will hold this data on the remaining charge but I don't expect that to last 3 weeks, almost certainly all gone now.

Depending on the model, most are waterproof, but as per above, unless charged, likely the data is all gone now.
It depends on the type of memory a FitBit uses. Flash memory, for example, doesn't require any power to hold the data. Over time the data will deteriorate in the absence of power, but the time it takes to deteriorate is usually months or years rather than weeks. If the FitBit is found and hasn't been damaged, it *should* still hold the data, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member