Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been reading more on it, police divers were involved earlier in the month, maybe a guy missing doesn't have the wow factor for the media.
A pretty young and yes, Caucasian mother,(let's be honest), the surrounding circumstances, a dog in tow, various factors made public through family and LE, etc. In my opinion of course.

Corrie McKeague who went missing in East Anglia had huge coverage of course. His mum was a police liaison officer so she helped publicise. And Nicola friend Emma White had media links which would also help.
But what is clear is that no amount of media coverage alters the outcome, Corrie in all likelihood ended up in the landfill, NB is in the water imo.

I find it odd that someone working in financial services would only have one mobile phone. Presumably it has two SIMs in it.
NB was self-employed, with no obligation to have 2 phones.

I'm given a business phone but just use my personal for everything including MS Teams calls because I can't be bothered with using 2 phones.

I find it odd that someone working in financial services would only have one mobile phone. Presumably it has two SIMs in it.
Yes, especially as she had two Facebook accounts, one personal and one mortgage business. And she was also working for Love Homes or I Love Homes and Love Park Homes/I Love Park Homes (See Companies House) so many balls to juggle On one phone.

I assume there are 4 possibilities

1) NB fell in the river either by accident or due to a medical episode or trying to help or retrieve something.
2) There is a 3rd party involvement in her disappearance. Kidnap or physical attack.
3) NB decided to take her own life either in the river or somewhere else.
4) NB decided to disappear either of own accord (including impaired mind) or with the assistance of others?

Are there any others? If not, which is most likely from the above?
I'd add a fifth, she was assaulted and pushed into the water which killed her and the body was removed in the one and a half hour window before the police came.

Absolutely.

Can’t overlook the most logical.

NB has finished her walk, is sat on the bench, listening to her call.

Decided it’s time to go. Takes the harness to Willow on the bank, phone on speaker.

Stumbles, falls, possibly hits her head, and sadly slips in the water, and is swept away.

All in a matter of seconds.

Almost straight away the witness arrives, harness on the bank, phone on the bench, Willow present and anxious.

Would illustrate where we’re at, sadly.

No other theories match that likelihood, IMO.

Yet to be found.
Not possible to be swept away . The sonar equipment guy explained how the water was quite shallow ,still and not fast running at that point .

"Checking the in-built motion sensors"

The sensors don't store any information whatsoever.

The article assumes full access to the phone - ie passcode/password. Without that, the information is encrypted and inaccessible.

It seems that either because the phone was found unlocked or somebody such as PA knew the passcode/password then there has been the ability to retrieve information, but in the absence of that, there is no way to access the data.

Some high-profile examples of this where even Apple couldn't (or wouldn't) access the encrypted data on iPhones despite FBI requests.

I know all about the Apple and FBI shenanigans, but I'm also aware of the skills the police in the UK have with phone examination when the cost of it can be justified. However, in this case I'm fairly sure that the passcode would have been available. They could see the last text message and the Teams meeting quite rapidly.

Not possible to be swept away . The sonar equipment guy explained how the water was quite shallow ,still and not fast running at that point .
He also said it was about a foot higher than on the day of his searching so it does seem possible there would have been some flow. It is only a small river and a foot extra is quite a significant amount of water.

ETA link

PF of all people will definitely know what he is talking about with regards to river searches. He's a dive

I know all about the Apple and FBI shenanigans, but I'm also aware of the skills the police in the UK have with phone examination when the cost of it can be justified. However, in this case I'm fairly sure that the passcode would have been available. They could see the last text message and the Teams meeting quite rapidly.
MS Teams is different, the IT administrator of the company that hosted the MS Teams call can see all the Teams data logs - I'm a sysadmin and can access literally everything my company employees do on Teams including private messages, calls, meetings etc without any access to their mobile phones.

The last text message would be easily obtained from the recipient, doesn't infer access to NB's phone.

Last edited:
I certainly hope I am not the “Occam’s Razor” being referenced above. I’ve never commented on this case, nor claimed to be clairvoyant (being facetious here - I know it is not me!).

I truly cringe when the authorities and others try to dissect the missing persons state of mind, and run down the “suicide rabbit hole” (leaving many other possibilities to wither, go cold, and perish). At this stage, nothing should be ruled out of the investigation. I hope they are pursuing every avenue and lead.

It’s an odd parable indeed to TAKE A BELOVED PET along on a SUICIDE mission. Those of us with such companions could imagine the stressful and agonizing scene, and the permanent trauma most assuredly left on the animal. Even the most tormented souls do not do something like that. Nope.

I simply don’t feel that in this case. If she’s in the water, she may have very well been placed there. She may have also tripped or fallen. Or even jumped in after her dog fell in, (or so many other scenarios). Many people do certainly end their own lives, yet most do this in solitude and do not include other people or animals in the mix of their exit. I hope they are investigating this thoroughly and properly…for her sake alone, and that of her family and friends.

MS Teams is different, the IT administrator of the company that hosted the MS Teams call can see all the Teams data logs - I'm a sysadmin and can access literally everything my company employees do on Teams including private messages, calls, meetings etc without any access to their mobile phones.
Please explain to me if a Teams meeting shows the boss and colleagues in an office or can he hold that meeting from home, away on other business. I only vaguely know Zoom meetings. In other words would participants know where the meeting was initiated?

I certainly hope I am not the “Occam’s Razor” being referenced above. I’ve never commented on this case, nor claimed to be clairvoyant (being facetious here - I know it is not me!).

I truly cringe when the authorities and others try to dissect the missing persons state of mind, and run down the “suicide rabbit hole” (leaving many other possibilities to wither, go cold, and perish). At this stage, nothing should be ruled out of the investigation. I hope they are pursuing every avenue and lead.

It’s an odd parable indeed to TAKE A BELOVED PET along on a SUICIDE mission. Those of us with such companions could imagine the stressful and agonizing scene, and the permanent trauma most assuredly left on the animal. Even the most tormented souls do not do something like that. Nope.

I simply don’t feel that in this case. If she’s in the water, she may have very well been placed there. She may have also tripped or fallen. Or even jumped in after her dog fell in, (or so many other scenarios). Many people do certainly end their own lives, yet most do this in solitude and do not include other people or animals in the mix of their exit. I hope they are investigating this thoroughly and properly…for her sake alone, and that of her family and friends.
With 40 detectives on the job I cannot believe they are just sitting around awaiting for the body to appear.

The last text message would be easily obtained from the recipient, doesn't infer access to NB's phone.
They wouldn't know that was the last text if only on the recipient had knowledge of it.

Yes. reflecting on some posts upthread, the idea that someone wouldn't end their life because 'they love their family too much' is off the mark, IMO. It also makes me incredibly sad for the people who have committed suicide, who loved their families, children, babies every bit as much as the next person.

It's just not how it always works. The part that leads someone towards ending their life can exist in a vacuum. It's not because they didn't love their family enough, which is rather the flip side of saying, 'Oh no, they wouldn't do that. They love their children/family too much.'

MOO
Totally agree. It’s unwittingly a slur on the lost person. Like those who say if you are strong-willed enough you will beat terminal cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member