Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. Willow running loose is the one thing that for me, makes it surely more a matter of a sudden, tragic accident. Plus, it would seem very unlikely IMO that if you were about to end your life, you would choose to spend your last few minutes on this earth dialled into a meeting about mortgages.
Exactly my point. Those two circumstances alone support “reasonable” doubt about the suicide theory. I wonder who is pushing this narrative among her inner circle? The best DEFENSE is a better OFFENSE. Alluding a sudden disappearance may be suicide - could be an attempt to distract, divert, and close the door on any other criminal possibility. Without any note or more concise details, I hope they leave all doors open.

Sorry to sound dim (I am) but presumably Nicola’s mortgage boss would address the meeting to update on company progress, lack of progress or whatever the meeting was about. I refer to the boss who drove to see her the day before she went missing. Presumably he went back to his Keighley office to run the call and answer questions?
No need to be in the office. The meeting can be run from anywhere with an internet connection. Similarly to what other posters have said, I’m on several video meetings a day, some regularly scheduled and some ad hoc. Since many people work remotely some or all or the time, they’re a feature of a lot of work days. The meeting could have been about something or nothing.

Just my observation but the pictures of NB do not appear to show someone who drinks heavily. A 45 year old heavy drinker usually looks like a 45 year old heavy drinker.
Any comments from her parents, sister or friends on her drinking habits?

Just my observation but the pictures of NB do not appear to show someone who drinks heavily. A 45 year old heavy drinker usually looks like a 45 year old heavy drinker.
Her drinking 'problem' had only just 'resurfaced'

Exactly my point. Those two circumstances alone support “reasonable” doubt about the suicide theory. I wonder who is pushing this narrative among her inner circle? The best DEFENSE is a better OFFENSE. Alluding a sudden disappearance may be suicide - could be an attempt to distract, divert, and close the door on any other criminal possibility. Without any note or more concise details, I hope they leave all doors open.
Your thinking is logical, but most suicides don’t look logical or rational from the outside. I don’t know if anyone else has had the experience of friends with serious depression and then it is the last person you’d expect, life and soul of the party, who without warning takes their own life. I don’t think suicide is the exclusive theory mind you.

Extremely hard to tell from photos, especially the ones a person chooses to put on social media which can provide a “curated” snapshot of their life.

If there was nothing to the drinking problem, I’d expect someone in the family or friendship group to have been giving quotes denying it by now. I don’t see any reason not to think it was true. Whether it was relevant is another matter.

I thought that at the press conference the SOI said that the west side of black pool lane was covered by CCTV from the garage, the only blind spot is the east side of black pool lane. So if she crosses the road and walked through the gate she’d have been spotted by the CCTV.
I don't think the garage CCTV can see that far down the road. No clear line of sight that I can see?

No information has been released by LE from what I have seen, but yes they can probably pin down the location of "the boss" if your assumption of such a meeting is correct.

Some information can be deduced from the IP address of the participants of the meeting. Using a company office or home location, then the IP address will confirm that. Using a mobile, then the IP address will only confirm that it was a mobile phone, deducing the location of that phone will need some additional data.

Personally, I wouldn't presume that much about an MS Teams meeting, they are held regularly by many companies and can be for all sorts of reasons. I attend about 6 per day on average - more than ever now most people work remotely.
The company is not a big company at all..and the mortgage sales agents are self employed.
I would imagine it’s a weekly update meeting.. but there has been very little information to confirm details of whether her boss attended or how many.

The teams call may have a lot of relevance or none at all. Everything appeared fine up until the call.
Yes exactly, so we don't know if this was a routine daily call that many companies hold in the department, everyone dials in for a quick update on what they've done, what they plan to do for the day and any issues - it might not be as formal or informative as some people think.

Or it could be a full-on company briefing with big revelations.

Nobody knows that.

Yes exactly, so we don't know if this was a routine daily call that many companies hold in the department, everyone dials in for a quick update on what they've done, what they plan to do for the day and any issues - it might not be as formal or informative as some people think.

Or it could be a full-on company briefing with big revelations.

Nobody knows that.
It was mentioned in the press conference this week that the meeting was purely informative and Nicola did not need to attend - ie. not a compulsory Friday team meeting.

Indeed. Let's consider the facts. Meeting with her boss who travels a distance to meet her away from home, rather than going to her home which was closer. Email to the boss and then a teams meeting right before she disappears.
I wouldn't read too much into any of this, sometimes I email my boss 10-20 times a day, sometimes 1 per week, which means nothing.

Your thinking is logical, but most suicides don’t look logical or rational from the outside. I don’t know if anyone else has had the experience of friends with serious depression and then it is the last person you’d expect, life and soul of the party, who without warning takes their own life. I don’t think suicide is the exclusive theory mind you.
I think that, for me, it was that she was doing the things she normally did every day. So she was functioning, at least on some level, driving, was in a meeting, albeit silently, was fixing a date with a friend...and then, suddenly, gone, in a very short space of time. That abrupt occurrence has always spoken to me of an unexpected interruption, not a planned event. JMO.

NB was self-employed, with no obligation to have 2 phones.

I'm given a business phone but just use my personal for everything including MS Teams calls because I can't be bothered with using 2 phones.
Everyone is different. My husband works in finance and has two phones.

I think that, for me, it was that she was doing the things she normally did every day. So she was functioning, at least on some level, driving, was in a meeting, albeit silently, was fixing a date with a friend...and then, suddenly, gone, in a very short space of time. That abrupt occurrence has always spoken to me of an unexpected interruption, not a planned event. JMO.
We can all reach breaking point. Perhaps she reached hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz