Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I also had a Springer til recently and honestly I dont get it as these dogs love the water. It was so hard to keep her out of the water and whilst I can believe Willow would have jumped in the water when she reached it, considering there are photos of her in the water she obviously wasnt afraid of it I find it hard to understand that IF Nicola went in the water how come she didnt follow her in there?
That's my experience too.
It's the big one for me.
I can't understand that.
there are myriads of reasons why Nicole might have entered the water but absolutely none for Willow staying out, if so , short of injury and none was reported

I think we could all accept that if NB- a fit, experienced dog walker familiar with the area- fell accidentally into the river then she was the tragic victim of outrageous misfortune.

We now have to add to that another item of serious misfortune. It seems the police have pulled out all the stops in this enquiry yet they are no further forward in establishing what befell NB than they were one week ago. Under the glare of intense media scrutiny they are left with little more than supposition based not on evidence, but lack of evidence.

I found the warning by the superintendent not to visit the river at night since they might be at risk near the water or face 'other dangers' peculiar.

There is nothing peculiar about it, she is advising people to not risk their lives searching around the river., it’s that simple.

Re- “Our main working hypothesis therefore is that Nicola has sadly fallen into the river, that there is no 3rd party or criminal involvement & that this is not suspicious but a tragic case of a missing person.”... Supt. Sally Riley.
While I agree with Supt. Riley that this is a tragic case of a missing person, I cannot agree, at this point, that this case does not remain suspicious. I have a number of factual reasons for this, including extensive professional searches of the river have failed to support LE's main - & apparently only - working hypothesis - & the last known sighting of NB was at 9.10am, well away from the bench & river. In ruling out the possibility that the phone & Willow could not have been placed in the bench area by a 3rd party suggests LE are NOT keeping an open mind on what has happened to NB. While I am anxious to support LE at every opportunity, it is with some disquiet that I have reservations that their rigid thinking from the outset on what has happened to NB, may not be in the public interest, nor that of her family. All IMO.
Agreed, and well put.

If she fell into the river surely her big long gilet would of come up to the surface. I have one and when they get wet they kind of puff up. Even if her body was under the surface of the water I'd imagine the gilet would float up to the top as they are really long and lots of material

Was anything said about location information from her Fitbit? I've never owned one of these so I've no idea whether it would be useful or not, in this respect. But assuming she did fall into the river, is there any likelihood it would have given sufficient information for them to assume she was still near the river?
possibly, they indicated this had been looked at, and for example the phone being on the bench at 9.20 was confirmed by phone data/analysis

Not seen it mentioned but does anyone know the actual temperature of the water in the river?
I have dived into my swimming pool with the water at 9C. Yes it was cold and a bit of a shock but I was able to swim around with no ill effects and survived unscathed.
I believe the river will be some degrees colder and totally different circumstances. I just wondered if these few degrees can really make such a difference to survivability - assuming that it was the temperature of the water which caused the problems.

I have stated before that I do not believe NB is in the river though, or if she is, then it was not an accident - just my opinion.
Unfortunately I can’t help you with the water temperature but it’ll be pretty much as you say, some degrees colder. However I fully agree with you that it seems a bit surprising how it seems to be assumed that anyone coming into contact with cold water would instantly die or at least get incapacitated. It is certainly (sadly) possible that that happens, that people react with shock and drown. However the overall situation - relatively fit, not very old person, with no known medical issues, very, even extremely familiar with the precise circumstances of the location, no skid marks, no body, no traces whatsoever, and a relatively not so dangerous seeming river- I find it fair to say that it doesn’t seem the 100% conclusive answer.

That's my experience too.
It's the big one for me.
I can't understand that.
there are myriads of reasons why Nicole might have entered the water but absolutely none for Willow staying out, if so , short of injury and none was reported
I suppose its possible that Willow was momentarily somewhere else when Nicole fell in - chasing something or a stick, and came back to find Nicole gone with no clear sign of her.

Just to add that the forensics expert they had on Sky this evening said that bodies do not stay submerged in the water. He said they usually come to the surface after around 7-8 days and are often discovered by dog walkers. I really hope the police find Nicola if this is what's happened, and not a friend or neighbour. Although obviously I don't wish this on anyone.

Despite the police hypothesis there is absolutely ZERO physical evidence to support an accidental drowning or their hypothesis so far. Since when did the police start using hypothetical theories in the media instead of basing their investigations solely on the evidence alone. Is this something they usually do?
Personally I tend towards the tragic accident scenario, but I do find it strange that even if the alarm was not raised for say 77mins that any body has not yet been found 7 days on. Is the river navigable by boat? Can't believe in any scenario she would leave Willow / phone but just trying to think outside the box. Rivers don't usually have CCTV Probably bonkers I know . Grasping at straws in this awful case.

I suppose its possible that Willow was momentarily somewhere else when Nicole fell in - chasing something or a stick, and came back to find Nicole gone with no clear sign of her.
I thought of that but springers are hunters primarily...
I THINK she would have tracked her to the water edge..
I KNOW she would have jumped in had she known Nicola was in the water.
I'm trying to speak only from my own experience and of course I've never hidden from a springer in the water so I can only think and not say for sure.
They're hunters because it's in their nature even if they have never been trained with a gun.. it's innate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleCrimeOnThePrairie