GUILTY UK - Olivia Pratt-Korbel, 9, shot dead, Liverpool, 22 Aug 2022 *arrest*

Interesting background on why current gang activity in Liverpool is so unstable and particularly dangerous.

Interesting background on why current gang activity in Liverpool is so unstable and particularly dangerous.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound sarcastic ;) but...

It reminds me of the saying :
"If you have lemons make a lemonade"
(PR tactics)

If I understood correctly:
- Police's success became its failure.
(arrests of many old/arrival of many young)

But, it order to succeed , one must always be 1 step in front of adversary.

MOO

Sorry, I don't mean to sound sarcastic ;) but...

It resembles me the saying : "If you have lemons make a lemonade" (PR tactics)

If I understood correctly:
- Police's success became its failure.
(arrests of many old/arrival of many young)

But, it order to succeed , one must always be 1 step in front of adversary.

MOO

It's the nature of the drugs turf war in that if a dealer, a lieutenant, a Mr Big or even a whole OCG are taken down by LE, then others will immediately fill the gap.

Breaking the Encrochat phone system resulted in many OCG's being taken apart across Europe.

The British end (Operation Venetic) involved hundreds of convictions and jail time, which caused major disruption to the OCG's operating in the UK.

Young, apparently fearless, spotty youths filled the gap. Their live in constant fear of each other because all they know is extreme violence and taking out the opposition to maintain and increase territory, and using violent reputation as a means of power and control.

This extreme violence just breeds more extreme violence.

The only real solution is a long term one, combining LE, education, local authorities etc and it would take a generation.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

The Daily Mail is an approved MSM source at Websleuths. The above linked article identifies 35 y.o. Nee as involved in the incident, but IMO seems ambiguous as to who the actual killer of Oliva was.

In reference to Nee, it is only stated that a 35 y.o. would "be recalled to prison for breaching the terms of his release". No mention of charging Nee with Olivia's murder or her mother's wounding. So was Olivia killed by Nee or by the masked who gunman who was chasing Nee?

Unless/until it becomes more clear, please don't accuse Nee as being the actual murderer.

I read the article a couple of times, but if I am misunderstanding the information, let me know.

It's the nature of the drugs turf war in that if a dealer, a lieutenant, a Mr Big or even a whole OCG are taken down by LE, then others will immediately fill the gap.

Breaking the Encrochat phone system resulted in many OCG's being taken apart across Europe.

The British end (Operation Venetic) involved hundreds of convictions and jail time, which caused major disruption to the OCG's operating in the UK.

Young, apparently fearless, spotty youths filled the gap. Their live in constant fear of each other because all they know is extreme violence and taking out the opposition to maintain and increase territory, and using violent reputation as a means of power and control.

This extreme violence just breeds more extreme violence.

The only real solution is a long term one, combining LE, education, local authorities etc and it would take a generation.
Yes, I get it.

Taking a generation to change seems vague.

Who knows what future arsenal of criminals will be?
Job needs to be done NOW.

MOO

ADMIN NOTE:

The Daily Mail is an approved MSM source at Websleuths. The above linked article identifies 35 y.o. Nee as involved in the incident, but IMO seems ambiguous as to who the actual killer of Oliva was.

In reference to Nee, it is only stated that a 35 y.o. would "be recalled to prison for breaching the terms of his release". No mention of charging Nee with Olivia's murder or her mother's wounding. So was Olivia killed by Nee or by the masked who gunman who was chasing Nee?

Unless/until it becomes more clear, please don't accuse Nee as being the actual murderer.

I read the article a couple of times, but if I am misunderstanding the information, let me know.
The problem is that, according to Daily Mail, Police did not officially name the man chased, wounded and arrested in hospital.

They only said: "35 year old man".

But media presented his name and surname.

Was it done against LE wishes?

Last edited:
The problem is that according to Daily Mail, Police did not officially name the man chased, wounded and arrested in hospital.

They only said: "35 year old man".

But media presented his name and surname.

Was it done against LE wishes?

I know that is the issue, and I'm sure it was against LE's wishes, but it's in approved MSM so we are allowing it. If the DM is instructed to remove it, we'll deal with it if/when that happens.

Update

- The "intended target" refuses to help LE

"She had been at home with her two older siblings when her mum opened the door after hearing gunshots outside."

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Interesting. From what I’ve read here (I.e. English press, not WS!), I’ve assumed Nee wasn’t the person who shot Olivia, and that it was ”gunman” chasing him. Here’s the latest bbc news, which still implies that but also says Nee will continue to be questioned about the killing. There does seem a little ambiguity.

Interesting. From what I’ve read here (I.e. English press, not WS!), I’ve assumed Nee wasn’t the person who shot Olivia, and that it was ”gunman” chasing him. Here’s the latest bbc news, which still implies that but also says Nee will continue to be questioned about the killing. There does seem a little ambiguity.

JN was the target not the killer, from all I have read/heard. Killer name will be well known but I doubt JN will be providing any assistance to the police.
All MOO

Three men have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a 22-year-old man who was shot in a Liverpool street.
Sam Rimmer was hit in his upper body when shots were fired on Lavrock Bank in the Dingle area of the city at about 23:40 BST on 16 August. He died of his injuries in hospital.

This was the first murder of the three fatal gun murders (in 1 week), police say unrelated but im glad there has been arrests.

The "intended target" seems to be doomed.
There is a bounty on his head by shady gangsters.

Wouldn't it be wise to help Police in exchange of a new identity?

Maybe it is happening.
But it will not be presented in the media.
MOO

Last edited:

I think the ambiguity arises from the unusual circumstances.

Police would not usually declare that a 'victim' of crime had been arrested for offences unrelated to the one which they are a victim of....in this case attempted murder.

By police revealing the arrest for the breach of licence conditions then the press, who obviously already knew Nee's identity, can report the name and previous MSM concerning his earlier convictions. This arrest is purely for the purpose of returning Nee to lawful custody, on behalf of the Probation Service who have revoked his licence.

I think the police reporting of Nee's arrest detracts from the main thrust....to identify and arrest those responsible for arranging, supporting and carrying out the murderous attack.

As for being interviewed. Nee can't be interviewed formally under caution as he's not been arrested for being concerned in the shooting.

He is a witness and will be asked to provide a voluntary witness statement. Of course he knows what's been going down in terms of gang conflict or fallouts etc and the reason someone may have to kill him. I suspect he may be less than co-operative.

I do wonder if Merseyside Police are playing catchup, having taken their finger off the pulse in respect of gang crime.

All of a sudden warrants were being executed yesterday that may have been sitting on gas for days or weeks. It takes significant planning for such operations and all of a sudden they are cutting through doors and knocking them down.

Intelligence should be collected continuously from various sources, leading to constant disruption of gangs by warrants being regularly executed. Police seem to want to save them up for a multi-warrant blitz in a blaze of publicity every now and again....allowing the gangs to do their thing relatively uninterrupted in between.

Last edited:
In a briefing, Merseyside Police says the man who shot and killed Olivia Pratt-Korbel has failed to do the right thing and hand himself in.

The Head of Investigations, DCS Mark Kameen tells the gunman: "we will not rest until we find you, and we will find you."

New: Merseyside Police have identified and spoken to the second man who was with Joseph Nee on Monday night, as he was chased and shot, in the attack that killed Olivia.

They have also seized the black Audi that took Nee to hospital, and have spoken to the driver.

Merseyside Police has confirmed five new arrests in relation to two out of the three recent gun crime murders in Liverpool.

But no further arrests have been made in relation to Olivia’s killing and the gunman remains at large.

Summary​

1. Police have held a news conference following a series of gun murders in Liverpool
  2. "We will not rest until we find you and we will find you," lead detective tells Olivia Pratt-Korbel's killer
  3. A second man involved in Monday night's incident has been identified by police
  4. And the 35-year-old intended target of the attack will return to prison when he leaves hospital
  5. Meanwhile, a man and woman have been arrested over the killing of Ashley Dale, 28, on Sunday
  6. Three men arrested over the death of Sam Rimmer, 20, on 16 August have been released on bail
  7. Officers repeat their appeal for information over all three incidents - amid "fast paced" investigations https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-62673228

In a briefing, Merseyside Police says the man who shot and killed Olivia Pratt-Korbel has failed to do the right thing and hand himself in.
:rolleyes:
Hmmm...
Was there even the slightest possibility of him doing this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back