GUILTY UK - Olivia Pratt-Korbel, 9, shot dead, Liverpool, 22 Aug 2022 *arrest*

14:50JONATHAN HUMPHRIES

Reaction in court​

As the verdicts are read, Cashman shakes his head in the dock.
Olivia’s family are in tears of relief.
Chloe is clutching at her mum’s right arm, sat next to her
Cashman turns to his family, and puts his head in his hands. Cashman in tears, as are members of his family. One is sat with his head bowed with his head on a glass pane, shaking.

14:53JONATHAN HUMPHRIES

Paul Russell guilty plea​

Justice Yip addresses the court. She says: “Clearly that means I will be required to sentence the defendant.
“I’m not going to do that immediately.
“There is somebody else who will fall to be sentenced, it hasn’t been possible to report until now but Paul Russell has been convicted of assisting an offender."

So glad of the guilty verdict.

This case is eligible for a whole life sentence and I would love to see one handed down for the deterrent effect. However, my guess is that Cashman will get a minimum term of around 40 years. I’d dearly love to be wrong and for him to never be released for this disgusting crime and the harm guns and organised crime cause in the UK but particularly in Liverpool, a city I know well and which has some amazing people and some sadly awful worse than wastes of space like this defendant.

14:53JONATHAN HUMPHRIES

Paul Russell guilty plea​

Justice Yip addresses the court. She says: “Clearly that means I will be required to sentence the defendant.
“I’m not going to do that immediately.
“There is somebody else who will fall to be sentenced, it hasn’t been possible to report until now but Paul Russell has been convicted of assisting an offender."

Ah, as we said previously. They couldn't bring him to court unless there was a guilty verdict for TC

So glad of the guilty verdict.

This case is eligible for a whole life sentence and I would love to see one handed down for the deterrent effect. However, my guess is that Cashman will get a minimum term of around 40 years. I’d dearly love to be wrong and for him to never be released for this disgusting crime and the harm guns and organised crime cause in the UK but particularly in Liverpool, a city I know well and which has some amazing people and some sadly awful worse than wastes of space like this defendant.

He wont get whole of life, they are so rare and not given for a first offence ( I realise that sounds laughable, but it is how they word these things ).

But he will get something in the 30+ range I think.

He wont get whole of life, they are so rare and not given for a first offence ( I realise that sounds laughable, but it is how they word these things ).

They certainly can be given for a first offence of murder and where only one person is killed (Wayne Couzens for example), it depends how serious the crime is. Multiple murders make a whole life sentence more likely though.

I think & hope for more than 30 years given clear premeditation, a child victim, use of gun and organised crime aspect.

It involves the murder of a child with a gun, both are aggravating factors. He also pled not guilty.
I think he'll get a sentence in the high 40s.

15:02JONATHAN HUMPHRIES

Sentence on Monday​

Justice Yip thanks the jury for their “diligent service”.
“We have been extremely fortunate all 12 of you have been diligent throughout the trial.” She suggests they may wish to "release some of the emotion" they had kept in check during the trial, and recommended seeking support if needed using information provided by the courts.
She excuses them from service as jurors again.
The jury are sent back out.
Cashman will be sentenced on Monday next week alongside Paul Russell.

Im guessing 37 at a bare minimum but would love the max possible.

I bet lots of footage will be released that we never saw that will be totally damming.

Get in and well done Jury!

Hopefully Oliva family can now heal that little bit better.

I'll be astonished if he gets something in the 40s - I won't be objecting, I will just be surprised
I think the use of the gun and the recklessness of killing a child will put it into the 40s. Sentencing is trending upwards in recent years and given we have seen high 30s for murders of adults without the use of a gun, I would be surprised if Cashman gets less. Whether I agree or not (I think other methods of murder appear more terrifying to me), a gun is a serious aggravating factor.

A getaway driver will be sentenced for assisting Thomas Cashman after he shot dead nine-year-old Olivia Pratt-Korbel.

Paul Russell, 41, admitted driving Cashman away from an address where he fled to after the murder on 22 August last year.

Russell pleaded guilty at Liverpool Crown Court in October but the media was unable to report on it until the conclusion of Cashman's murder trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley
Back