UK UK - Owen Harding, 16, Saltdean, East Sussex, 26 Mar 2020

IainD

Reaction score
nwJFN0n

Police are searching for teenager Owen Harding, who is missing from his home in Saltdean.

The 16-year-old was last seen leaving his home address about 7pm on Thursday 26 March. He has not been in touch with any friends or family since then, and his disappearance is out of character.

Owen is described as white, about 5’9”, of athletic build, with short brown hair. He normally wears white trainers, tracksuit trousers and a dark hoodie.

Police searching for Owen Harding, missing from Saltdean | Sussex Police

Owen Harding: Mother's plea to find missing Saltdean teen

Missing teenager's mum in plea to find him

I hope I've done this correctly, as this is my first time starting a thread, first post also.

Well! This one has turned out to be concerning!

I initially thought he might have got fed up of the lockdown and gone off to a friend's or girlfriend (saw mention of a gf in Leeds?) But, it's feeling a lot less likely now! AND this -

"We are also investigating a potential line of enquiry in regards to information that Owen’s phone is in the Bromley or West Wickham area of London" -

is especially concerning! Mugged/fatally injured for his phone perhaps? I can't see him hiding out with friends voluntarily with this much attention from police/press/social media etc

Desperate search for missing teen continues

Looks like they've ruled out his phone being in London.

Investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Alasdair Henry said: “We have been conducting a number of enquiries into the disappearance of Owen which have included extensive local searches and house to house enquiries. We also investigated a potential line of enquiry in regards to information that Owen’s phone was in the Bromley area of London, however further enquiries have ruled this out as a possibility.

Concerns for missing Saltdean teenager increasing

Edit to fix link.

Last edited:
29 March 20

Mother appeals to find missing Owen Harding from Saltdean

1A16843E-B0CE-415E-AF69-3BAB274C97E0.jpeg

A DESPERATE mother is appealing for help to find her teenage son who is missing during the coronavirus lockdown.

Stella Harding, whose 16-year-old son Owen has not been seen since Thursday, is pleading for information as emergency services comb the shoreline.

Sussex Police said officers had been searching the beaches last night in a bid to find the teenager who was last seen leaving his home in Bevendean Avenue, Saltdean, at about 6.45pm.

[...]

Owen left the house to watch the sunset in the Telscombe Tye area and has not been in contact with family or friends since.

He is white, about 5ft 9in, of athletic build, with short brown hair.

He normally wears white trainers, tracksuit trousers and a dark hoodie.

A Sussex Police spokesman said: “Anyone who sees him or knows where he could be is asked to report it online or call 101, quoting serial 1198 of 26/03.”

[...]

“16-year-old Owen left home yesterday evening after a disagreement and has not returned.

“Owen's mum has told us that this is very out of character for him. He apparently does not have any charge on his phone.

"There were concerns that he may have tried to travel to see his girlfriend in York but there he has not arrived there or made any contact.

Mother appeals to find missing Owen Harding from Saltdean | The Argus

That would be a really, really long walk from Saltdean to Pocklington--over 240 miles!

View attachment 241219
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Yes that would be one massive walk across country!
It's a good idea to get the word out in other places so people can be on the look out.
I just think if Owen had tried this that he would have been seen on CCTV somewhere or that someone would have seen him walking along some of the A roads that he would have had to take,as there's no way he could go anywhere near a motorway without being picked up by LE.
I just hope that wherever he is that he is found safe and well soon, as its fast approaching a week since he went missing.

JMO - - MOO

Edit:for spelling

Desperate appeal to find missing 16-year-old schoolboy

TV and radio presenter Zoe Ball has also joined the appeal for information on Owen's whereabouts and shared a post on her Instagram page to help try and find him.

A statement from Sussex Police said: "Police are aware some members of the public are assisting in the search for teenager Owen.

"While we recognise this is a sensitive matter, we are urging everyone to abide by government guidance at all times.

"Do not put yourself or anyone else at risk.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back