UK - Pregnant at 11 years old

I didn't see anywhere how many children the pregnant GIRL's mother has. But this story just SCREAMS neglect on the part of the girl's mother. Her mother has children that "she has a lot of practice" caring for.. no wonder she isn't scared of having her own. She's probably the kid who has to help her mom with all of her other children. I wonder if she's the oldest. I'd like to know how many siblings she has.

BTW, I understand the "I'm proud of her" comment. She's glad the GIRL opted to keep the baby instead of aborting it. Although keeping the baby is not always best for the baby when you consider that adoption is a viable answer if you aren't prepared to have a baby.

I'm adopted myself, and after meeting my biological mother, and knowing the life I would have had with her, I'm glad it turned out that way for me. :blowkiss:

The fact that this girl smokes a pack a day while pregnant at 11 years old is a sad indicator of what is acceptable to her and her mother. This story just makes me sad and angry all around. :twocents:

Oh my..... Here's the quotes that are just p*ssing me off. From the article:

**"My daughter is already like a mum to her little brothers, so she knows how hard this is going to be. I know she'll give motherhood a good try - and she knows I'll be here for her if she needs help.

**I'd like to have a wee boy because girls are too crabbit.

**She said: "I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy. I also don't drink any more."

**She said: "I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies - but I panic and cry if they are sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I am a bit frightened.

**The eight months pregnant mum-to-be is reported to have quit school following a string of exclusions for fighting with fellow pupils.

I used to want to be a nursery nurse, but now I'm not so sure."

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=712872006

:banghead: :waitasec: :eek:

How unprepared does this girl sound to you? She sounds like she's about to get a new doll, not a baby. She's scared of the reality of a baby, but excited to take care of her new toy. Ugh.... so so sad.

The grandmother-to-be sounds really clueless. Heaven help all of them.

But she'll be 12 when the baby is born!! That makes a big difference!!

LOL I'm totally joking.

I was playing with dolls when I was 12....and video games and Hide & Seek.

Obviously, the Mother will raise the child....how unfortunate.

Tristan said:
But she'll be 12 when the baby is born!! That makes a big difference!!

LOL I'm totally joking.

I was playing with dolls when I was 12....and video games and Hide & Seek.

Obviously, the Mother will raise the child....how unfortunate.
And the baby can look forward to getting pregnant at 10?
Being sarcastic of course.
IMO the baby needs to be with relatives and the 11 yr old needs to be placed somewhere else too.

tweedledee said:
sorry to shock you all, but this happens in our own country quite frequently. Being a labor and delivery nurse I have seen this more times than I care to admit. my youngest pt delivered at 10 years old. She claimed she never had sex and didn't even know what sex was. I went through an anatomy lesson with her and she continued to deny "ever seeing a p*nis". I felt horrible for her and was convinced she was abused and had blocked it out. The social worker went in to talk with her and within 5 minutes the girl admitted that she was sexually active since she was 8 years old and the father of the baby was a gang banger want a be that had to get so many girls pregnant in an allotted amount of time as an initiation into this gang. SICK, but it happens here too.

If this girl consented, how is this rape?
It's rape because the girl is an 11-year-old child. Children cannot legally consent to sex.

lizziedripping said:
I really feel like punching this girls parents!!! :banghead:
Me too, Lizzie. The age of consent in this country is 16 in order to prevent children getting into situations where they can be sexually abused/exploited. When I was 11 I was playing with my Barbie doll and nagging my mother for a puppy. The thought that my mother would be PROUD of me for getting pregnant at that age is laughable.

Yesterday Lothian and Borders Police said a 15-year-old boy was scheduled to appear on 10 July at Edinburgh Sheriff Court, having already made a previous appearance.

In the news today, the Social Services are deciding whether the girl can keep the baby, the flat she lives in with her Mum and siblings is way too small. So we know what's going to happen here don't we? The family gets transferred to a nice new bigger house, more rooms to smoke rollups in and drink alcohol in.......... and guess who will be paying for that???

lizziedripping said:
Yesterday Lothian and Borders Police said a 15-year-old boy was scheduled to appear on 10 July at Edinburgh Sheriff Court, having already made a previous appearance.

In the news today, the Social Services are deciding whether the girl can keep the baby, the flat she lives in with her Mum and siblings is way too small. So we know what's going to happen here don't we? The family gets transferred to a nice new bigger house, more rooms to smoke rollups in and drink alcohol in.......... and guess who will be paying for that???

The taxpayers of Great Britain? :furious:

well there is already grandmother-to-be and her six children including her daughter with new baby coming, so they'll be needing a place big enough for 8. ain't life grand? :banghead:

shockingly, apparently the UK has the second highest teenage birth rate in the developed world!

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=307&id=714712006

Floh said:
The taxpayers of Great Britain? :furious:

well there is already grandmother-to-be and her six children including her daughter with new baby coming, so they'll be needing a place big enough for 8. ain't life grand? :banghead:

shockingly, apparently the UK has the second highest teenage birth rate in the developed world!

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=307&id=714712006
Nice to know what my monthly taxes are contributing towards eh??? Don't you just love it!!!! :eek:

I can't even begin to understand why all these teenage pregnancies in the UK are happening. The contraceptive pill is free, condoms are free to those who make the effort and go to the clinic for them, and now even the morning after pill is free........... am I missing something???

I have an 18 year old daughter and if she came home pregnant even now, the word PROUD would not be in my vocabulary!!!

More newspaper reporting:

http://tinyurl.com/jbbuj

The paper has reported that they told her the house she shares with her mother and five brothers and sisters may be too small, and needed decorating. Now she is hoping to get the chance to look after her child.
She told the newspaper: "I just need the chance to prove myself - I know I can be a good mum.
"I've been told by social workers there's a chance the baby won't come home with me from the hospital. They say our house is too small and needs redecorating.
"I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep my baby, I don't know how I'd cope if I lost it."
And she added: "I feel like I'm being picked on because of my age but I love kids and I think being a mum will come naturally. If they take my baby away from me and my family I'll end up really depressed."

"Being picked on"? she really doesn't have a clue, does she? clearly, at the age of 11/12, she wouldn't have a clue, of course.

Why DO we have such a high rate of teenage pregnancy in this country? I'm flummoxed. Anyone have any thoughts?

Edinburgh That's my home it's where I come from, that area where the child is from because she is a child 11yrs old my G-D. Lets just say I am not suprised if it was going to happen that it happened there. I would be willing to bet that the 6 children her mother has have 6 different fathers. What a sad story.:(

britgirl said:
Why DO we have such a high rate of teenage pregnancy in this country? I'm flummoxed. Anyone have any thoughts?

I really don't know why it affects Britain so acutely.

here are some ideas of how to tackle the problem:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4293641.stm

as the report is from 2005, i don't know if they've made any headway.

Good Lord! When I was 11 I was still waking up Sat. mornings to cartoons, not hangovers. We were still calling boys and hanging up when they answered, a far cry from sex.

Amraann said:
The Mother should be charged right along side the 15 YO.
I agree. The charges should include neglect, among other things! Can you charge the mum for being stupid enough to let her PREGNANT daughter smoke 20 cigs a day!?!?! :bang:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back