UK - Pregnant at 11 years old

narlacat said:
http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,19481763-5001027,00.html

Well a baby was born.
And it couldn't breathe, surprise surprise :mad:
What a horrible situation. I hope the baby is okay, and wasn't deprived of oxygen so long that she is brain dead.

Way to go Grandma, your grandbaby is sick because you allowed your 11 year old pregnant daughter to smoke in your home while she was pregnant. Nice work. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Floh said:
More newspaper reporting:

http://tinyurl.com/jbbuj

"Being picked on"? she really doesn't have a clue, does she? clearly, at the age of 11/12, she wouldn't have a clue, of course.
Especially when she's scared to take care of a sick, crying child, or give it a bath. That's all part of motherhood, you don't just get to put them away at the end of the day like your dolls or when you've had enough, it's a 24/7 job, not to mention sleepless nights, especially when you don't have the father around to help!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"We're just praying. My daughter was almost crying when she asked doctors: 'Just save my baby – tell me she's not going to die'. It broke my heart to hear my little girl talking about her little girl like that."

Just a question: Wouldn't you BE crying when asking the doctors to save your babie's life and not ALMOST crying! :doh:

These people are clueless. If the baby lives, poor little thing, it won't have a dog's chance at a stable, successful life. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Only English people or people from the UK (and of course, fellow Aussies) will appreciate this, when I think of this girl I think of two words

Vicky Pollard :p

narlacat or someone else "in the know"
Can you let the rest of us in on that one, please?
Thanks.

Opie hi
Sorry, I didn't mean to exclude you guys in the states, I just didn't think you would know what I was talking about.
The character Vicky Pollard is from a English show called Little Britain, it is absolutely hilarious.
Have you seen it??
I don't think you guys get it over there :confused:

lizziedripping said:
"We're just praying. My daughter was almost crying when she asked doctors: 'Just save my baby – tell me she's not going to die'. It broke my heart to hear my little girl talking about her little girl like that."

Just a question: Wouldn't you BE crying when asking the doctors to save your babie's life and not ALMOST crying! :doh:
Doh :p

lizziedripping said:
Nice to know what my monthly taxes are contributing towards eh??? Don't you just love it!!!! :eek:

I can't even begin to understand why all these teenage pregnancies in the UK are happening. The contraceptive pill is free, condoms are free to those who make the effort and go to the clinic for them, and now even the morning after pill is free........... am I missing something???

I have an 18 year old daughter and if she came home pregnant even now, the word PROUD would not be in my vocabulary!!!

They keep getting pregnant because they still don't think that it could happen to them. Or the younger ones are as uneducated as this girl was. She didn't think she could get pregnant the first time. Probably a lot of those
misconceptions floating around and the girls believe them. I wish girls didn't start their periods so darn early these days. I didn't start till I was 13 yrs and now days they start at 10-11 yrs old. 13 yrs was the norm in my day.

I would bet that this girl is the first child and has always helped with the younger children. First children who have a lot of responsibility tend to grow up faster although I doubt if she is to grownup yet. Anyway, I doubt if much will change in their household. The daughter will continue to help with the younger children including her own and mom will do everything that the daughter hasn't done so far like bathing and feeding, etc, her baby. In a family that large one more baby to take care of isn't really that much more work. Let's just hope that mom gets her on some type of birth control if she is going to continue to allow her to run around and party.

If this was my little girl I would be brokenhearted. Knowing me I would probably keep the baby and raise it myself.

Bobbisangel said:
They keep getting pregnant because they still don't think that it could happen to them. Or the younger ones are as uneducated as this girl was. She didn't think she could get pregnant the first time. Probably a lot of those
misconceptions floating around and the girls believe them. I wish girls didn't start their periods so darn early these days. I didn't start till I was 13 yrs and now days they start at 10-11 yrs old. 13 yrs was the norm in my day.
Un-uh. I started at 11, nowadays, some start as young as 9!:eek:

When i read this I too thought of Vicky pollard, No but yeah, but No ! This girls mum should have all of her kids taken away as any one who lets an 11 yr old become up the duff is neglecting care. The fact that there are other kids in the house is just one good reason to not smoke. What the **** is this mother doing! Baby would be better off being put up for adoption as this is a no win situation for anyone. The poor daughter needs to get back to school, get educated and at least have a chance of making something of herself. But as you all know this is just an outsiders opinion, it is much harder in reality.:confused:

kazzbar said:
When i read this I too thought of Vicky pollard, No but yeah, but No ! This girls mum should have all of her kids taken away as any one who lets an 11 yr old become up the duff is neglecting care. The fact that there are other kids in the house is just one good reason to not smoke. What the **** is this mother doing! Baby would be better off being put up for adoption as this is a no win situation for anyone. The poor daughter needs to get back to school, get educated and at least have a chance of making something of herself. But as you all know this is just an outsiders opinion, it is much harder in reality.:confused:
kazzbar if this is an outsiders opinion then I'm out there with you . The proud mother should be up for neglect , and all her children should be taken into care .

Sometimes I read the newspaper and I think why, are Social Services no longer removing children from unsuitable circumstances. Saw Diane Sawyer yesterday and she had a report about sexually abused kids. One 3 yr old boy had a crack mum who let the dog look after him. Poor little guy thought he was a dog. luckily for him he was removed from this home and adopted by a kind lady.Here in Oz there is a real reluctance when it comes to removing kids in dire circumstances. While I understand parents are the most important thing to a child who says they have to be "natural" parents? Gee, makes you wonder as I just adore my daughter and cannot imagine ever neglecting her for any reason.:(

kazzbar said:
Up the duff? Does this mean gettting pregnant? That's hilarious.

Ok, now I understand about the Vicky Pollard comment. Good grief! Glad we do not get this show over here. We have way too much in the way of trashy shows already. Guess it's the same all over.

I still enjoy the reruns of "Are You Being Served?" and loved "The Vicar of Dibbly (sp?)."

It's far from trash Opie.
The English lead the world in comedy :D
Little Britain is just another example of how hilarious the Brits are.

kazzbar said:
Sometimes I read the newspaper and I think why, are Social Services no longer removing children from unsuitable circumstances. Saw Diane Sawyer yesterday and she had a report about sexually abused kids. One 3 yr old boy had a crack mum who let the dog look after him. Poor little guy thought he was a dog. luckily for him he was removed from this home and adopted by a kind lady.Here in Oz there is a real reluctance when it comes to removing kids in dire circumstances. While I understand parents are the most important thing to a child who says they have to be "natural" parents? Gee, makes you wonder as I just adore my daughter and cannot imagine ever neglecting her for any reason.:(
Hi Kazzbar
I have known quite a few children to have been removed from their homes.
The problem is lack of resources.
Babies are the ones who get help first and will often times be taken out of the home.
It's the older kids that aren't as lucky, unfortunately the money just doesn't go around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back