GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Was she at the Court ?

If this is true, then does this mean a custodial sentence is in store for her ? as surely a suspended sentence could have been given to her today ?

There was always arisk of custodial sentence. I though they might get suspended sentences but it would seem unfair if they did now after JI was held in custody for months.

At least their child/ren get at least one parent there for Xmas

Heart West News ‏@HeartWestNews · 33s34 seconds ago
Sentencing of Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare will begin shortly

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 39 secs39 seconds ago
Back in court for Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare sentencing. here we go..... #beckywatts

Becky Watts: Family statements in full

Here are the family statements that were read out in court this morning

Statement from Tanya Watts:

I am Tanya Watts, the mother of Rebecca Marie Watts born 3rd June 1998. She was known to me and others as Becky.

This is my Victim Personal Statement (VPS) about how Becky's murder has had an impact not only on my life, but also that of my son, Daniel Watts, and my mother, Pat Watts. Becky has always very much been a big part of our lives since the day she was born. Mum was in the hospital with me when I had Becky and was the first person to hold Becky.

Danny was always a lovely, protective big brother to Becky. Yes they had their little fallouts as teenage brothers/sisters do; but whether they were with me or their Dad, the two of them always lived with each other and were there for one another.... (Continued at link)

Statement from Darren Galsworthy:

My name is Darren Galsworthy and I am the father of Rebecca Watts now known as 'Bristol's Angel'.

Our Bex was a child who through no fault of her own needed constant reassurance, love and cuddles in her formative years.

She soon clung to my wife Anjie who became not only a doting mother but Becky's best friend. Anjie's love was so immense nobody lost out. It didn't matter that we were a mish-mash of gene pools, we were a strong loving family who shared and supported each other.

We will never understand why this happened but we now believe we were just disposable pawns in a plot borne out of hatred, jealousy and greed. (Continued at link)

I'm jumping ahead to say I'm on page 12 reading about NM sniveling, rocking and a guard FINALLY holding his chair while he's told to stop rocking. Give me a freaking BREAK!!! How DARE he make this about HIM when Becky’s family is talking about what he's done to her, to her family and to their whole world. What a piece of $#!+.

And I'm not surprised in the least that SH is showing no emotion. She never did, during the entire time.

Oh, just you wait.

I'm jumping ahead to say I'm on page 12 reading about NM sniveling, rocking and a guard FINALLY holding his chair while he's told to stop rocking. Give me a freaking BREAK!!! How DARE he make this about HIM when Becky’s family is talking about what he's done to her, to her family and to their whole world. What a piece of $#!+.

And I'm not surprised in the least that SH is showing no emotion. She never did, during the entire time.

A few pages on she shows LOADS of emotion, shame it's only when it's about her though!

I'm on the edge of my seat here.

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 1m1 minute ago

Back in court for Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare sentencing. here we go.

yes, indeed here we go

We are absolutely on the same page here Rach.. She is Becky's MOTHER she should be considered first.
As for the funeral - again, she should have gone and not felt she was not able to because of AG.
I have been a step mother and always stood back in favour of the mother, even when I really wanted to be at an event.

I totally agree.

Darren Little Verified account  ‏@DarrenLittleSky · 12 secs13 seconds ago
The judge has begun sentencing Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 33 secs33 seconds ago
Back in court. Hon. Mr Justice Dingemans is about to sentence Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare. Family listening, holding hands. #BeckyWatts

Marcus Edwards Verified account ‏@c4marcus 54s54 seconds ago

Mr Justice Dingemans has begun sentencing Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare

Here we go!

Fastest dash round Tesco to get back home for this.

There was always a risk of custodial sentence. I thought they might get suspended sentences but it would seem unfair if they did now after JI was held in custody for months.

At least their child/ren get at least one parent there for Xmas

But they have been in custody. KD has been in custody on remand throughout, and JP was also in custody until later granted bail.

LOL Was she at the Court ?

If this is true, then does this mean a custodial sentence is in store for her ? as surely a suspended sentence could have been given to her today ?
Good point...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 20 secs21 seconds ago
Judge says "utter devastation" visited on the lives of #beckywatts family

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 18 secs19 seconds ago
Judge: Becky was a "normal, happy, teenage girl". The jury must have been sure that NM and SH planned to kidnap Becky.

But they have been in custody. KD has been in custody on remand throughout, and JP was also in custody until later granted bail.

JP hasn't been in as long as JI though so it could seem unfair if she ended up serving less time than him

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 36 secs37 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews shaking his head as Judge describes the crimes he committed #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 28 secs28 seconds ago
Judge: 'Both NM and SH lied to their family, and the police...their deceit was particularly cruel and unusual' #beckywatts

Darren Little Verified account  ‏@DarrenLittleSky · 16 secs17 seconds ago
Judge: there are features which defy any reasonable explanation (of the dismemberment of becky watts' body)

Darren Little Verified account ‏@DarrenLittleSky 2m2 minutes ago

Nathan Matthews has his arms on his legs, is looking down and swaying as the judge begins sentencing

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 30 secs31 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews was "of previous good character" #beckywatts

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 13 secs14 seconds ago
Shauna Hoare was a rape victim at the age of 13 on her way to school. she has waived her right to anonymity #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 38 secs39 seconds ago
Seven jurors have returned to hear the sentences of NM and SH #beckywatts

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest · 37 secs38 seconds ago
#BeckyWatts: NM and SH both look to the floor as judge continues..

Darren Little Verified account  ‏@DarrenLittleSky · 29 secs29 seconds ago
Shauna Hoare is looking down showing little emotion #beckywatts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members