GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 1m1 minute ago

currently having legal debate about sentencing of Demetrius and Parsons

I was just about to ask where those 2 are as had not seen mention of them so far

Morning all

Finally able to follow some real-time posts here on the thread on sentencing day. :clap::tyou:
It's been great catching up on all the fantastic posts on the last thread - but I am only half way through those.

Am hoping for some sentences today that will serve justice in this case and hoping I can still be online to catch all of the Judge's closing statements and sentence mitigation, especially those unanswered queries such as regarding NM's mental health.

:jail: :jail:

Catching up on the past threads since verdict, can I ask if posters think that Shauna's dabbing her eye on verdict is a tear shed for herself or her daughter? ( Controversial question I know, I would like to think it is fore her daughter. )

It's very interesting to hear the extra information coming out now about their lives and hints about the evidence we have not been able to hear that made the jury so able to make swift decisions.
:judge:

Personally I think ,seeing justice done, a fair outcome is always cause for satisfaction and positive comment.
Do the Defendents have a chance to speak at all?

It's really nice to see you here for Becky, Bessie :) It must be super early for you! Or does superwoman not sleep? :p

Heart West News ‏@HeartWestNews · 31s32 seconds ago
Both NM and SH are surrounded by custody officers, both with their heads hung low #BeckyWatts

Morning Skibs. Glad you are here this time!

Is everybody else present, correct, and good to go?

Yes, fingers crossed for the correct sentences and I hope the judges comments will explain a few things we might still be confused about.

Emma Flanagan Verified account  ‏@EmmaJFl · 40s41 seconds ago
Discussions taking place whether Karl Demetrius and Jaydene Parsons should be sentenced together. Demetrius just arriving now. #beckywatts

(EF Bristol Post senior reporter)

Emma FlanaganVerified account ‏@EmmaJFl 1m1 minute ago
Discussions taking place whether Karl Demetrius and Jaydene Parsons should be sentenced together. Demetrius just arriving now. #beckywatts

https://twitter.com/EmmaJFl

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 31 secs31 seconds ago
The sentencing of Karl Demetrius and Jaydene Parsons for their crimes of assisting an offender is adjourned until February. #beckywatts

JP and KD sentencing been adjourned to February. ...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 31 secs31 seconds ago
The sentencing of Karl Demetrius and Jaydene Parsons for their crimes of assisting an offender is adjourned until February. #beckywatts

What the heck? Wonder what that's about?

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 33 secs34 seconds ago
As a result of the adjournment Justice Dingemans says "there will not be closure for the families today" #beckywatts

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 2m2 minutes ago

The sentencing of Karl Demetrius and Jaydene Parsons for their crimes of assisting an offender is adjourned until February

Oh I wonder why - and does that mean KD goes back on remand until then ?

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 35 secs35 seconds ago
Victim statements being read to the court now..... #beckywatts

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 23 secs24 seconds ago
Sam Galsworthy is going to read the statement from Darren (Becky's dad) now.... #beckywatts

Morning all...

Little bit tired as little'un been ill all night but had to get up for this.

Fingers crossed a sensible sentence is imposed. ..this judge is meant to be pretty good

Heart West News ‏@HeartWestNews · 1m1 minute ago
Jaydene Parsons is "not medically fit" to be sentenced. She and Karl Demetrius will be sentenced in February #BeckyWatts

Emma FlanaganVerified account ‏@EmmaJFl 1m1 minute ago

https://twitter.com/EmmaJFl

Whilst I normally wouldn't have any time or sympathy for people looking to gain financially from the the proceeds of drugs or stolen goods, I hope these two get to go home to their children today. In the bigger picture of what NM and SH did, they were greedy and in some ways, I do feel sorry for them. They wanted the money for a deposit on a house - sounds like they just wanted to make their family a bit more secure. Silly way to go about it, but I'm sure they've suffered enough and won't do anything like this again.

Darren Little Verified account  ‏@DarrenLittleSky · 20 secs21 seconds ago
Victim statements from Darren Galsworthy being read to the court by his brother, describes her as "Bristol's Angel"

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 50s51 seconds ago
"i am the father of Rebecca Watts now known as Bristol's Angel" #beckywatts

Hmmm not medically fit...pure speculation...pregnant?

"Jaydene Parsons is "not medically fit" to be sentenced. She and Karl Demetrius will be sentenced in February"#BeckyWatts

Was Becky "medically fit" for her sentence???

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: No words...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member