GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible, horrible news today.

Before this broke I was wondering about the devices. It doesn't seem likely to me that a teen would leave the house with phone/tablet/laptop at the same time. Apart from anything else that's a lot to carry and would need a fair sized bag. I'm thinking that maybe the laptop and tablet were found to be missing later and it was assumed that Becky took them, could they actually have been taken from the house at a later time by someone trying to cover up what had happened.

I didn't catch up with this until tread 2 so apologies if you've already discussed this.

JMO

The reports have varied from phone/laptop/tablet to just phone/laptop

If it was the latter, just the two items, then I could understand it. Becky heads off to boyfriend's house, taking phone of course, plus laptop to use while at b/f home ...

If it was three items, that is a bit more suspect imo

I can't wait (that's an awful way of saying it, sorry) to find out the scenario/motive etc here. I just can't get my head around it based on the details we know so far.

Seven arrests ! ???!?!!? Not one of seven people said " hey wait..... let's think about this '' ?
God bless her soul :(

I can't wait (that's an awful way of saying it, sorry) to find out the scenario/motive etc here. I just can't get my head around it based on the details we know so far.

I feel the same just wanting to know how this horrible situation came about with poor Becky as she was so shy I can't imagine it being a random attack

It makes complete sense now why LE kept the identities of the 2 arrested totally secret. They must have suspected, or known others were involved.

Such sad and shocking news to see this morning. I expected that Becky wasn't alive. I assumed it was murder. I am speechless that so many people are involved and that she was dismembered.

My heart goes out to her family and friends. How they recover from this horror show is beyond me. Fly high, Rebecca Watts!

I finally got to sleep last night after the last thread slowed down and was worried about the lack of updates. Woke up this morning and couldn't believe my eyes - I almost wish we could go back to being in the dark. I am physically ill after reading this...nauseous and shaking. I don't understand how humans could do this to fellow humans, plain and simple. Poor Rebecca, and her family....I am in tears. I am so glad I never watched that video of her father, because I was on the fence about that line of thinking that was prevalent in the beginning, so I was trying hard not to cast judgement. Something in his eyes was truly haunted, and now I know they always will be. This is simply horrific. Rest well, Rebecca. :(

It makes complete sense now why LE kept the identities of the 2 arrested totally secret. They must have suspected, or known others were involved.

But wouldn't the other five have realized their murderous mates' absence coincided with the arrest in Becky's case?

Dad's family "not involved"

The teenager's uncle, Sam Galsworthy, has said that no-one on Becky's father's side had any connection to her disappearance.

Seeking to end speculation and rumour, he said: "We want to make it absolutely clear that no member of Darren's side of the family are implicated in any way.

"Every family member who was part of our search for Rebecca still remains with us."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-becky-watts-live-updates-5262015

I thought this was a weird statement to make - why wouldn't you say no family members involved?

It could just be in response to the online speculation accusing her Dad, but still, it could be inferred that a family member on her mother's side was involved?? Were any members of Rebecca's family obviously missing from the searches?

This is so much worse than I thought it was going to turn out to be. Poor girl. And to think 7 adults are capable of covering such a horrific murder of a young lady with her whole life ahead of her, whoever it is they are protecting, is possibly the most sickening aspect. My heart breaks for her family and friends.

I don't think we should assume that all seven people are directly involved in this crime. Some of them may yet be released without charge. Let's wait and see.

Dad's family "not involved"

The teenager's uncle, Sam Galsworthy, has said that no-one on Becky's father's side had any connection to her disappearance.

Seeking to end speculation and rumour, he said: "We want to make it absolutely clear that no member of Darren's side of the family are implicated in any way.

"Every family member who was part of our search for Rebecca still remains with us."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-becky-watts-live-updates-5262015

I thought this was a weird statement to make - why wouldn't you say no family members involved?

It could just be in response to the online speculation accusing her Dad, but still, it could be inferred that a family member on her mother's side was involved?? Were any members of Rebecca's family obviously missing from the searches?

Watts side of the family have also confirmed in a statement that none of their lot are involved.

Horrible, horrible news today.

Before this broke I was wondering about the devices. It doesn't seem likely to me that a teen would leave the house with phone/tablet/laptop at the same time. Apart from anything else that's a lot to carry and would need a fair sized bag. I'm thinking that maybe the laptop and tablet were found to be missing later and it was assumed that Becky took them, could they actually have been taken from the house at a later time by someone trying to cover up what had happened.

I didn't catch up with this until tread 2 so apologies if you've already discussed this.

JMO

I had the exact same thought. Just because they aren't in her house doesn't mean she's the one who took them out of the house. This is certainly not the kind of "significant development" I was hoping to wake up to. :( However, this wicked act of brutality against Becky does explain why some here were sickened to see those drums/barrels being taken in as possible evidence. Also, just as an aside, that pic we've all seen of Becky in the blue dress, was taken at her dad and step-mom's wedding. I only know that because a quick search on the case brought up a family friend's FB who has tons of pics of the wedding. It was good to see them all so happy & goofing off in those pics, especially after today's news.

I don't think we should assume that all seven people are directly involved in this crime. Some of them may yet be released without charge. Let's wait and see.

Well the police must feel they are in some way connected to this crime otherwise they wouldn't have arrested them.

It strikes me as unlikely that a young couple would randomly kidnap, murder and dismember a complete stranger and that five other people would help cover up for it. I suspect that the answer is in her extended family/circle of acquaintances and/or she had become caught up in something. The antecedent for this would be Mary-Ann Leneghan.

It's worth noting that I'd always understood both Southmead and Barton Hill to be less upscale and sometimes dubious parts of Bristol, although with the latter being associated with a high black population (although apparently this is a recent thing) and the former being more white working class. Both have significant drug problems.

More information on Lawrence Hill, of which Barton Hill is a part:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Hill,_Bristol

http://lawrence-hill.localstats.co.uk/census-demographics/england/south-west/bristol/lawrence-hill

And Southmead:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southmead

http://southmead.localstats.co.uk/census-demographics/england/south-west/bristol/southmead

The Zafira looks a relatively nice car for your average twenty somethings from some of the most deprived parts of Bristol to be driving around in.
Hmm maybe at one time but nowadays it is rather a mish mash of people/races/professions (or lack of). There are a high percentage of council/HA housing in those areas but that means nothing really

Yes I agree ......although surely, in a small neighbourhood, the nearby neighbours ( and possibly the others involved ) must have known who had been arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix