GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad's family "not involved"

The teenager's uncle, Sam Galsworthy, has said that no-one on Becky's father's side had any connection to her disappearance.

Seeking to end speculation and rumour, he said: "We want to make it absolutely clear that no member of Darren's side of the family are implicated in any way.

"Every family member who was part of our search for Rebecca still remains with us."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-becky-watts-live-updates-5262015

I thought this was a weird statement to make - why wouldn't you say no family members involved?

It could just be in response to the online speculation accusing her Dad, but still, it could be inferred that a family member on her mother's side was involved?? Were any members of Rebecca's family obviously missing from the searches?
There seems to be a lot of them and us between Becky dad's side and biological mom's side of the family. I suspect there's a lot of bad blood between them

But wouldn't the other five have realized their murderous mates' absence coincided with the arrest in Becky's case?

Possibly, but it was just 2 days and it seems to have worked. I wondered why they were appealing for previous owners of the car to come forward too, when that info is easily accessible and as I found out myself it only had 2 previous owners. I think they were putting pressure on, maybe found several DNA profiles in the vehicle. JMO

I don't think we should assume that all seven people are directly involved in this crime. Some of them may yet be released without charge. Let's wait and see.
That's right. None of them have been charged yet. They could have been arrested in the hope of gleaning more information. It's a common tactic

Re: the five new arrests...

I suspect it's entirely possible some of them didn't even know what they were helping with? None of the reports I've read so far say exactly where the parts were found (in a container, buried, etc. and wow I hate typing that) but it could have been a simple matter of a friend saying "hey can I store this bin in your shed until next week?" and the other friend thinking nothing of it. Just looking at different possibilities. I cannot wrap my head around SEVEN people known to each other, all equally as wicked and depraved as the next.

Possibly, but it was just 2 days and it seems to have worked. I wondered why they were appealing for previous owners of the car to come forward too, when that info is easily accessible and as I found out myself it only had 2 previous owners. I think they were putting pressure on, maybe found several DNA profiles in the vehicle. JMO

Very good point .........someone got scared and said something perhaps

I've noticed that this poor girls disappearance/now presumed murder has received relatively little coverage in national news and media, even today, with the horrible revelations, it was second story on BBC news at 1. I know this has been alluded to by other posters previously.

The cynic in me thinks that the police have had a fair idea what's actually gone on for quite some time, certainly well before the first arrests, and there has been a news blackout of sorts, as not to 'spook' suspects.The very bare minimum has been reported. I can remember other cases which have had Sky rolling news on air pretty much all day.

Just my observations from coverage, or lack of, I've seen. Or maybe the media has adopted a new found compassion for the families of victims? :confused:

Jmo, to be honest, unless this group is some sort of cult, dismembering was likely a matter of "convenience". An easier way to hide and dispose of her body, in their tiny brains.
Jmo

Yeh I agree and possibly to hide what they actually did to her before. I'm totally horrified by all this.

I suspect it's entirely possible some of them didn't even know what they were helping with? None of the reports I've read so far say exactly where the parts were found (in a container, buried, etc. and wow I hate typing that) but it could have been a simple matter of a friend saying "hey can I store this bin in your shed until next week?" and the other friend thinking nothing of it. Just looking at different possibilities. I cannot wrap my head around SEVEN people known to each other, all equally as wicked and depraved as the next.

My hope ( cant believe I am talking about hope for this, in such an awful situation, but I am trying to think of the least horrific scenario ) is that only one person was directly involved, the second person became involved due to living in same house, and the other 5 have lesser levels of involvement up to and including - as you say - just having offered a storage space and not knowing what the items were.

There seems to be a lot of them and us between Becky dad's side and biological mom's side of the family. I suspect there's a lot of bad blood between them

Thanks - I thought it was more likely due to an acrimonious relationship between her mum and dad - they didn't come together at all during this. I was more interested in whether there was a family member that didn't take part in the searches that you might have expected to. Not saying they're guilty, but they may know the people involved in her disappearance?

I am stunned, shocked and so sad to hear this news today, poor girl. What she must have been through and the depravity at those responsible, I hope they rot in jail.

I've been trying to remember what time she returned home from sleeping at her friends house on the day she went missing, I thought I read somewhere that she returned at 8am and then left again at about 11.15am. can anyone remember where 8am was mentioned, or am I misremembering it?

I hate to type it but even "can I store this meat in your freezer for a few days" My Mum used to have a big chest freezer when I was younger, and she often kept FOOD things in there for neighbours/friends. Wrapped up limb... ACK :(

Precious girl. I want to curl in a ball and cry for her, for her family, for her friends. When you click a link of a missing 16 year old, you're supposed to quickly see she ran away and has been found safe. You're not supposed to take her into your heart, only to learn of such a heinous ending. I want to know why. WHY?

I am stunned, shocked and so sad to hear this news today, poor girl. What she must have been through and the depravity at those responsible, I hope they rot in jail.

I've been trying to remember what time she returned home from sleeping at her friends house on the day she went missing, I thought I read somewhere that she returned at 8am and then left again at about 11.15am. can anyone remember where 8am was mentioned, or am I misremembering it?

yes, those are the times I read in MSM .........

Well the police must feel they are in some way connected to this crime otherwise they wouldn't have arrested them.

Yes, of course, but they may simply be related to the others, or share an address. They may not all be complicit. The police will know more after they have questioned them. Lots of people get arrested and are later released without charge.

I've noticed that this poor girls disappearance/now presumed murder has received relatively little coverage in national news and media, even today, with the horrible revelations, it was second story on BBC news at 1. I know this has been alluded to by other posters previously.

The cynic in me thinks that the police have had a fair idea what's actually gone on for quite some time, certainly well before the first arrests, and there has been a news blackout of sorts, as not to 'spook' suspects.The very bare minimum has been reported. I can remember other cases which have had Sky rolling news on air pretty much all day.

Just my observations from coverage, or lack of, I've seen. Or maybe the media has adopted a new found compassion for the families of victims? :confused:

Strangely enough, despite the apparent lack of coverage compared to other cases, I know loads of people who are aware of this one. Other times I'll mention a case and no one will have heard of it, but most people I speak to are aware of Becky.

BBM. I don't think hell has quite frozen over just yet, and I haven't seen any pigs flying by my window either.

Sorry for the cynicism

That's right. None of them have been charged yet. They could have been arrested in the hope of gleaning more information. It's a common tactic

Ah of course, let's hope it is that and I take back my previous comment to Cherwells post.

Yes, of course, but they may simply be related to the others, or share an address. They may not all be complicit. The police will know more after they have questioned them. Lots of people get arrested and are later released without charge.

Sure, I now realise what you mean and I posted on Sar2thems' post I get where you're coming from. Thanks for the clarification Cherwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg