GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I always perceive this type of thing to be territorial! There was also a few posts relating to cheating - almost like stay away from my man?

Yeah I noticed that, he seemed to "like" all her posts other than those cheating ones

I find it strange that the "girlfriend" tags her "boyfriend" to all of her facebook posts. It makes me wonder if they were living together? Wouldn't they just show each other the pictures or talk about things instead of communicating on facebook?

I know several grown arse couples who have been together/married ten years and tag each other ten times a day - insecurity, validation and attention seeking. Doesn't surprise me. However, remember we're only seeing public posts.

Just saw the pic myself, that's really unusual in this circumstance. Unheard of really. Maybe the family requested it.

Chuckie said the above in response to missghosts post about a coffin being carried out of the Barton Court house. I have never seen that before, sadly body bags yes, but never a coffin. Most unusual but very, very respectful.

Media saying his or her mother's house searched, so I take it that is the one in Southmead?

I just edited my post, as I can't link easily from ipad, I read that a second house in Barton court has been searched and it links to mother of one of the later arrests...

I find it strange that the "girlfriend" tags her "boyfriend" to all of her facebook posts. It makes me wonder if they were living together? Wouldn't they just show each other the pictures or talk about things instead of communicating on facebook?

I think they were living together. A few posts up thread, a snippet from the Bristol Post quotes someone as saying she rarely left the house without him. Or words to that effect.

I've always found it strange when couples constantly communicate so publicly through facebook. I sometimes find it's a couple trying to convince the world they're in love when they're not sure themselves. In this case I am starting to think this could be a case of a very controlling relationship with her willing to do anything for him. Esp since sources have said she rarely went out without him.

Sounds like a total of five properties were searched.

[...]
Courtiour said: “As a result of new information received late last night, we attended a house at Barton Court. The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts. Although formal identification procedures have not yet been completed, we have made Becky’s family aware of this discovery.

[...]
Before Tuesday’s developments, detectives had been carrying out thorough searches on three properties: Becky’s home in the St George area of Bristol, to the east of the city centre; the modern terraced house in Cotton Mill Lane, two miles away; and a house and street in Southmead, five miles from Becky’s home.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...arch-continues-pair-continue-to-be-questioned

ETA: Two more good links with maps and a timeline

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...s-Hunt-for-missing-Bristol-teenager-live.html

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/02/becky-watts-two-held-on-suspicion-of

<modsnip>

am I allowed to post this as it's public post and names are out there?

OK I get what I posted was against forum rules, you can find the info on twitter very easily.

And alot of people do that kind of crap on facebook, it's just a way to seek attention/indirectly show off to everyone or air your dirty laundry etc.

I have felt physically ill since I opened up this thread this morning and heard of Becky's fate. It's so hard to wrap one's mind around the depravity involved in her demise. The Bristol LE have done a superb job of bringing this to closure, and I have no doubt the courts will deal with the Perpetrators as they should be.

That said, my thoughts are not only with Becky's family and friends, but to the citizens of Bristol who must be horribly traumatized. I pray that they will come together in solidarity to combat and abolish the evil that visited upon their community. Their collective prayers, strength, and solidarity will go a long way to help the family during this most difficult time, and restore grace to the community.

My heart is so heavy today. Fly free little dove....
God Bless.

This is heartbreaking beyond words.

Any guesses to why 5 others were arrested? I watched a case recently on ID channel that was very very disgusting that 3 people kidnapped a lady (an older woman that was a retired teacher I think) and drove her around in her own car to show her off as she was in the trunk bound and still alive. They showed her to girls and boys. It was some sort of act to show how tough they were. No one called the cops. They eventually threw her in a river and she died. So I guess it can be pretty disgusting what people will do when they are insecure or not right in their head. I couldn't believe that they showed about 10 people that didn't call the police or act though. It wasn't like there was anything stopping them from calling the police.

am I allowed to post this as it's public post and names are out there?
No. Relatives' and friends' social media pages are off limits. You can link to the suspects' pages, no copy and paste.

Chuckie said the above in response to missghosts post about a coffin being carried out of the Barton Court house. I have never seen that before, sadly body bags yes, but never a coffin. Most unusual but very, very respectful.

Can't legally re-use either. Becky's remains would definitely go to coroner though so maybe a local funeral director stepped up purely for transport.

I've always found it strange when couples constantly communicate so publicly through facebook. I sometimes find it's a couple trying to convince the world they're in love when they're not sure themselves. In this case I am starting to think this could be a case of a very controlling relationship with her willing to do anything for him. Esp since sources have said she rarely went out without him.

In my personal experience, it tends to be couples whose relationships are a lot less rosy than they'd like their facebook friends to believe. I don't really get the whole broadcasting your relationship thing anyway, what happened to keeping things personal?

This is heartbreaking beyond words.

Any guesses to why 5 others were arrested?

Could be helping to dispose of the body or other evidence (the laptop and phone?).

I first read the FB pages of these two yesterday. Not "sleuthing" them, just following FB link trails to see who was who, how they're all connected, etc. The first red flag came up when I saw NM "liked" a FB page called "I post disturbing things" or something like that. I'm having connectivity issues and can't load FB right now to get the actual page name. In any event, from the cover photo it appears to be a sexual/bondage site on FB. I didn't click it because frankly, I don't click things I can't un-see. For those wondering if NM's FB has been scrubbed since his name was released: NO. The way the page looks today is exactly the way it looked yesterday. Clearly he's very concerned with his privacy. (Not that this will do him much good now).

The next red flag was TP's constantly tagging NM in her posts. Clingy much? Yes, most definitely. It looked to me like a rather toxic relationship but I took it with a grain of salt since people can adjust their FB posts so you really can't see everything so what WE are all seeing is most likely just a slice of the full picture. It is interesting though if you scroll through each of TP's posts and photos, the ones she's made available publicly anyway, you can see who she's tagged and who has either liked or commented. NOT a ton of activity, on either front.

It doesn't surprise me in the least she'd be sharing and posting the same stuff as family members trying to get people to "help find Becky". I mean, if I were a murderer, or had help killing someone, I'd certainly want to act as if I were helping with the case, instead of saying nothing. Classic deflection going on there, so no one suspects her. It's more interesting that NM wasn't doing the same and making those posts public for all to see. That says more about his psych profile than anything. He clearly felt no compelling reason to appear to the general public to be "helping".

<modsnip>

All that said, my heart breaks for this family and what's taken place. :( I have a 16 yr old girl myself, and cannot for the life of me imagine what any of them are going through.

No. Relatives' and friends' social media pages are off limits. You can link to the suspects' pages, no copy and paste.

Ok Thanks, still learning here. So it's only suspects you can link, right thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member