Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who's been wondering exactly what a fly on the wall would have heard the moment the investigation team realised the man they were looking at was a serving police officer? And then again when the alleged IE incident came to light.

I think most of it would have been beeped out!!

A close friend of my sister is a serving Met officer - they are incredibly upset, angry, bewildered and embarrassed. It’s a real kick in the teeth for everyone who serves to protect us.

Wayne Couzens is appearing at Westminster Mags Court charged with the kidnap & murder of Sarah Everard. He sits mainly with his head in his hands in a grey jumper. He has been in hospital twice with head head injuries since his arrest.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Frankie_Mack/status/1370687876287979520

Head in hands (unless it is just because it hurts so much) IMO would be the body language of someone who really did not expect to get caught and can’t believe his downfall - he was emboldened by the fact he had not been previously caught whether just for IE or worse and over who knows how many years. His erratic behaviour prior to arrest and head head banging IMO is all linked to his knowing he failed to get away with it, what he faces next and all he has lost...unless a lot more evidence comes out, it seems the ring doorbell indicating approx. where she got to (ie left the park and which direction) and whatever was on the bus dash cam passing at exactly the right time...were two things he obviously did not account for...if that resident had not installed that doorbell and if that bus had not passed when it did...maybe he’d still be free given all else he did to cover up. Of course equally getting caught on CCTV and close to arrest at the takeaway, could not have emboldened him, but instead spooked him into escalating so quickly to commit a more serious crime while he had a chance to:( All JMO.

Last edited:
I think most of it would have been beeped out!!

A close friend of my sister is a serving Met officer - they are incredibly upset, angry, bewildered and embarrassed. It’s a real kick in the teeth for everyone who serves to protect us.

It certainly explains Cressida Dicks strange demeanor at her presser, she would have known at that time

With regards to the camera footage, entirely MOO but I can only assume some of the footage (maybe the buscam?) must have been fairly directly incriminating and have included the vehicle.

If there had just been footage of WC on a doorbell cam, how would they have IDed him? They must have been able to link him to the vehicle otherwise they would have no idea who he was.

If they just had eg WC walking behind SE on a doorbell cam and his car on a dashcam/ buscam that seems to me to be highly circumstantial - maybe off the back of that it would have been enough to ask questions, but surely not for a arrest for kidnap?

I personally think they must have some ‘smoking gun’ cam footage.

Either that or there is something else (eg a colleague who had suspicions for some reason?) that tipped him off in his direction? Or perhaps linking vehicle registrations seen in the area with other reports and it was linked to the IE incident (but if that had been the case wouldn’t they have brought him in in relation to the IE initially, rather than adding this arrest later)?

People need to be a lot more careful making definitive statements that WC was seen on the unreleased cctv/camera.

All the MSM have reported is that a vehicle associated with the disappearance was spotted on a Bus Camera and a Car Dashcam. Others have reported that this vehicle is linked to WC.

That is all that has been reported.

Example links
Kent live
Daily Mirror
Metro

They all have text similar to:

officers are understood to have had a breakthrough after trawling through CCTV from buses running through the A205.

This, along with a driver’s dashcam footage which picked up a car linked to the disappearance, is thought to have led to the arrest of Metropolitan Police officer PC Wayne Couzens, 48.

As far as I know, there are no reports of WC himself being spotted on any of the footage.

With regards to the camera footage, entirely MOO but I can only assume some of the footage (maybe the buscam?) must have been fairly directly incriminating and have included the vehicle.

If there had just been footage of WC on a doorbell cam, how would they have IDed him? They must have been able to link him to the vehicle otherwise they would have no idea who he was.

If they just had eg WC walking behind SE on a doorbell cam and his car on a dashcam/ buscam that seems to me to be highly circumstantial - maybe off the back of that it would have been enough to ask questions, but surely not for a arrest for kidnap?

I personally think they must have some ‘smoking gun’ cam footage.

Either that or there is something else (eg a colleague who had suspicions for some reason?) that tipped him off in his direction? Or perhaps linking vehicle registrations seen in the area with other reports and it was linked to the IE incident (but if that had been the case wouldn’t they have brought him in in relation to the IE initially, rather than adding this arrest later)?

They needed a body above anything, even if there was footage of her in his car he could just say “I was worried about her, I dropped her off near her home” or something, so they had to put him under surveillance in the hope he would slip up and go back to the burial site

Bring him in early he could and would deny everything

Am I the only one who's been wondering exactly what a fly on the wall would have heard the moment the investigation team realised the man they were looking at was a serving police officer? And then again when the alleged IE incident came to light.

I expect in a number of years time when it is deemed sufficiently respectful, this investigation will be dramatised as with the Christopher Halliwell investigation.

Obviously all that matters at the moment is that the investigation yields justice for Sarah, but I think it would be fascinating to know how it unfolded in the future.

If we're expected to respect and never query the comments of an 'Verified' member, it should at least be stated under their username what exactly gives them Verified status - Angleterre is a UK EX police person I believe but that shouldn't give them carte blanche to make posts regarding the legalities or medical opinion if that's not their specialty ETA - not at all suggesting that they have, just using that as an example.

Just because otto doesn't 'have' to post links, doesn't mean they can't

That's not true, btw. All 'Verified' means is that those posters don't need to link citations for the facts they give (regarding relevant cases). When new verified users are announced, it is always with the caveat that we are allowed to disregard their opinions just as we do anyone else's.

According to people’s comments on here it is not exclusive.

I read comments from admin saying careful what you post as it could affect the trial. As if !

You should read this. In fact everyone on this board should read this.
Sarah Everard: social media and the very real danger of contempt of court

I expect in a number of years time when it is deemed sufficiently respectful, this investigation will be dramatised as with the Christopher Halliwell investigation.

Obviously all that matters at the moment is that the investigation yields justice for Sarah, but I think it would be fascinating to know how it unfolded in the future.

I've been wondering if there is a TV camera team following the investigation, that would be extremely interesting but I think given the circumstances it wouldn't have been approved.

People have been saying this is his first offence ( for Murder) because it was sloppy. Personally I disagree with this theory because:

- I don't think it was sloppy, they used bus and road cameras to follow his direction, but 'potentially' a doorbell cam is what is linking him to Sarah. He would know about the street and bus cameras to avoid, but doorbell cameras are not general information ( Speculation as we have not seen the footage, but logic stands to reason that those were the applications of both)
- If the above is correct, the bus and road camera footage would be useless without the Doorbell.
- Also if he accidently killed her, he would not decide to drive 2 hours away. That is insane, not a first time offender behaviour. He would of wanted to get rid of the evidence as soon as possible, not drive for 2 hours.
- Also moving the body into a different police jurisdiction would be harder to link to the missing person due to poor communication between stations. It would have been less likely to be linked.
- Body disposal, by all accounts, most people on the sub think he meddled in someway ( Speculative). Once again. You don't accidently kill someone and think immediately of how to destroy the evidence. Most people dump and run. This scream experienced criminal.
- If the car hire is true ( I tried to keep up with threads, so apologies if I have missed some updates) absolute premeditation.
- They didn't know each other, once again, quite a sophisticated move to grab a random person off the street with no witnesses. Most criminals know their victims, particular if there is only 1 offence.

If they didn't have that doorbell footage, there is a good chance they would not have caught him. Thats is not sloppy, this is unlucky for him. ( Very lucky for police )

Because of the above it shows me
- Premeditation ( Hire car and avoiding street cameras)
- Sophistication ( Driving to a disposal site 2 hours outside London but not his house, meddling with the body)

I believe this was not his first attack, the only argument is that he was 'potentially' charged with IE days before, but the escalation of sexual and violent crimes is not always linear. It ebbs and flows.

I hope they do link him to more victims so that them and their families can get closure because I definitely think they are out there.

MOO

This is my first post so I really I hope I haven't broken any rules! Really sorry if I have

BBC News - Sarah Everard: Wayne Couzens appears in court charged with murder
Sarah Everard: Wayne Couzens appears in court charged with murder.
I have not heard about poor Sarah being found in a builder's bag in the woods before.

Wow thats quite an update - there were building tools on his driveway in early photos (wont link as it wasnt official source, just twitter). Im having building work done at home and we have quite a few of those around.

Visable here - Sarah Everard disappearance: Cop arrested is 'Westminster-based armed officer' is this considered MSM?

This makes me possibly suspect he had taken her home first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$