Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated the timeline with loads more detail. I can recommend it ( :D) for anyone who is not sure of the facts, or for anyone who wasn't around from the beginning. I must admit I've had to back away from the threads for these past several days to get the timeline done, so if I've missed anything please let me know. I did catch yesterday's developments at Sandwich.

Part 1 (up to 4th March)
Part 2 (5th - 9th March morning)
Part 3 (9th March afternoon - 10th March)
Part 4 (11th March to current)

Thank so much for doing this for all of us *advertiser censored*

I've updated the timeline with loads more detail. I can recommend it ( :D) for anyone who is not sure of the facts, or for anyone who wasn't around from the beginning. I must admit I've had to back away from the threads for these past several days to get the timeline done, so if I've missed anything please let me know. I did catch yesterday's developments at Sandwich.

Part 1 (up to 4th March)
This case is moving so fast. Thank you for the timelines-

Apologies if this was already common knowledge, but Kent Online seem to think the Accused has been charged with Indecent Exposure too. Did I miss that? Last I heard it was just the kidnap & murder charges, and I’ve been following the threads closely.

“A serving police officer from Deal has been charged with murder, kidnap and indecent exposure.”

Divers arrive as Sarah Everard search continues in several locations - live

I think he will have been charged with IE, but we possibly haven’t heard about it further because the IE charge relates to a crime against other individuals, not SE, and it is possibly part of the media ban on his character as it isn’t directly related to the charges against SE and occurred before her abduction.

Police probing Sarah Everard's murder find piece of gold jewellery as divers search river | Daily Mail Online

40495346-9363099-image-a-33_1615815468452.jpg

Police searching a tourist town 35 miles from woodland where murdered Sarah Everard was found have discovered a piece of gold jewellery.

Teams of officers massed in Sandwich, Kent, this morning as they continued the search for evidence for their investigation into the killing of the marketing manager, 33.

Police are understood to be searching for any evidence to assist the investigation and also her mobile phone which has not yet been recovered.

[..]

This lunchtime they were seen placing a gold necklace into an evidence bag as scuba suit clad divers searched through the waters of the Delf Stream. It is understood it was found on top of a car park ticket machine.

That doesn’t look like a necklace to me. It looks like some sort of badge on the chain. Maybe the sort of thing attached to uniform or a handbag. The colour doesn’t look like real gold either.

My post referred to them searching Sandwich and I wondered if we would see them at yet another different search site in connection to Sarah.
Someone said earlier in the thread that the search in Ashford also related to the disappearance of another girl :-(

Yip, this is the part that doesn’t make sense, if it was me I’d be kicking, banging, screaming... unless knocked unconscious but someone before said even if she was knocked unconscious it would only be for a few mins. But if she wasn’t in the boot and she was in the front or back seat, again why would she not scream and bang on the windows?

Editing to ask - how long would it take to get out of London, to get away from traffic lights and necessary stops, before you are on the motorway?

and it makes me think wether a weapon of some sort was involved? so he could restrain her quickly with no hassle and no noise IMO

Part 1 (up to 4th March)

Thank you @Tortoise this is really helpful.

Has it been discussed yet that a small reason for the perp hiring the car could be that they knew that an existing car reg may have been flagged from the IE incident on the 28th (and therefore that vehicle may alert LE when ANPR'd etc)?

Obviously the plate-to-owner check from that incident hadn't yet been done and possibly that often takes some time but reg is on the system as flagged (which an LE officer would know), so if this was premediated, a hire vehicle would allow you to go undisturbed on the night?

I think we would need some indication that police believe the accused is linked to other crimes before we start speculating about specific cases on the thread. There are several unsolved murder cases in the area in the past twenty years if you search on line. Imo
I don't understand why you would need indication from the police that one of their own officers may be a serial killer to start mapping cold cases against his known locations? Couzens bought a home on Freeman's Way in Deal in 2015. This is .5 miles from where Debra Griggs disappeared in 1999. Her husband was convicted with what appears to be little evidence of guilt. Does Couzens have ties to this area that go back to 1999? Couzens is 48 years old. Silly to assume he just started murdering now.

JMO. I just have this horrible feeling this is going to be bigger than any of us expect. I don’t know if any of you have ever come across the case below...I just have a horrid feeling in the pit of my stomach something horrific like this will have turned out to have been happening - I mean something serial rather than once off and I’m not talking about the fraud etc I just mean someone who has been very smart, thinks they have gotten away with stuff (until now?) something that has been given a lot of thought and planning. I am really hoping I’ve just been watching too many crime docs....but this continued looking at stuff by LE in different areas doesn’t look great. JMO only.

The Story Of The Acid Bath Killer Is Just As Gruesome As His Nickname Suggests

I've tried to group people's idea's into common buckets - Have I missed any?

How she ended up in the car:
  • Use of warrant card to persuade her to get in willingly
  • Indecent exposure event that went wrong
  • Use of force
  • Use of a weapon to threaten
  • This was someone she knew
  • She was offered a lift and took it for some reason

How he's potentially been driving around with her:
  • She was killed before/shortly after entering the vehicle
  • She was an acommodating passenger (Atleast up until a point)
  • She was immobilised via drugs or chemicals
  • She was threatened using a weapon
  • She was bound or tied up or made to tie herself up
  • She was the victim of some initial force which made her unconscious/unable to resist.

Last edited:
I would think they would keep details from the public in order to protect the investigation. Did police intentionally show the evidence bag to a reporter?

They knew the press were around so would take all precautions for it not to be seen unintentionally if they thought it was something significant to their investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member