UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the comments on would she get into the car or not, it’s very easy to say what you “would” have done when confronted by a certain situation. I often hear stories of men being inappropriate from friends and think I would have told him where to shove it etc...

But the reality is, women are conditioned to be polite and it’s very hard to take a defensive approach when someone is being polite and friendly towards you. I had a journalist from a tabloid rag poking around for footage of Sarah and while I considered them vile, they were polite and “looking to help”- I am not a confrontational person and was perfectly friendly and apologetic to them, even though I was annoyed with myself at the time and after! It’s very hard to switch off that response.

Also, the circumstances of her being attacked are so unlikely that I would consider it not even think to be concerned. Much as you would probably not be worried being approached by a stranger in broad daylight, being approached by an identified police officer in a well populated area in early evening, I honestly think I would give them too much credit by assuming anyone with ill intentions wouldn’t be stupid enough to take such a risk as they would surely be caught.

Lastly, further to the above, has anyone raised the possibility he may have been stalking Sarah? If it was a random attack I just find it so reckless versus say waiting til later, a less populated area, outside London, no CCTV etc... makes me wonder if he is either stupid enough to think he wouldn’t get caught or if it wasn’t totally random and that he was looking for an opportunity for SE particularly... maybe he’d come across her in a work context, seen her previously and followed her home etc and just developed a fixation?

WHERE ARE THE MODS PLEASE??

The thread has been closed temporarily because people have published unverified reports yet someone is very clearly suggesting that women posting images online in bikini pictures is a catalyst for young women being raped and murdered and the comment remains??
The report and ignore buttons are our friends. We do not want this thread closed. The crime and issues are just too important. Responsible posting and reporting is wise.

Last edited:
I am really wondering about whether WC may have partaken in dogging, and that is why he detoured to Clapham. And knows these deserted/wooded areas in Ashford.

A search for popular dogging spots in Kent according to MSM
The places to avoid in Kent after dark - unless you're into dogging

3 spots named in Ashford - all of which are a very short distance to the Leisure Centre/police searches, and 2 are woodlands....

And Clapham Common is named here for top South London dogging spots. The only one close to his work and on the way back home, which may explain why he detoured 30 mins to Clapham to head back home.
The 31 notorious South London dogging sites which come alive after dark

It would also explain an indecent exposure charge, as dogging/cottaging are not illegal per se but the charge of indecent exposure is often used in these cases. Wonder if there have been witnesses (other doggers/cottagers) who have come forward about him.

JMO
Clapham Common isn't on that list. I live nearby - no chance anyone could get anything done there in this regard imo. It's actually pretty busy compared to some of the other areas.

However the indecent exposure element for this does seem like a potentially good idea!

Clapham Common isn't on that list. I live nearby - no chance anyone could get anything done there in this regard imo. It's actually pretty busy compared to some of the other areas.

However the indecent exposure element for this does seem like a potentially good idea!

Clapham Common is on the South London link? Right at the bottom?

Thanks for replying, not asking for proof or specific reports more general info along the lines of women posting that they thought maybe they'd interacted with him or recognised him.

Sorry this is OT but just made me wonder if you do remember all the men you come into contact with, not regular customers but others, does being in a vulnerable job make you pay more attention to cars, faces, conversations?

I hope that doesn't come across in the wrong way, it's an area of life I don't have any experience of and it got me musing, mainly based on police dramas where the sex workers always seem to be able to help the police by remembering their clients.

I've never worked street, so I couldn't tell you for certain about cars, but the network for indoor workers is very much about info sharing (looks, numbers, behaviour), so you get to know who is who very quickly. I would assume the same would be true for street workers, who will share info between their groups. I would say we have a sixth sense for a dodgy client wherever you work, so when your back is up you do tend to focus on the details.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, also don't want to derail this thread.

Lastly, further to the above, has anyone raised the possibility he may have been stalking Sarah

I considered a stalker, feel it was 'too' perfect to disappear into thin air if it was a chance encounter, but when a police officer was arrested.... I don't know anymore. If he visited that area regularly for whatever reason its not impossible for him to have seen her, particularly if Sarah often took that route. imo

Are you trying to say that increases some males sexual urges and impulsive behaviour because it’s so readily available?
(Just trying to ascertain the nature of your statement)
I firmly believe that women should have the right to dress and go where they please without fear of being cat called, sexually assaulted or murdered.

Factorfiction

I have repeatedly made it clear that women (indeed, all people) should have the right to do as they please, without fear of the actions you describe. We 100% agree and you can ser that in my posts.

What I did ask ( not state, but ask), was whether this does though create mixed messages that might push some unstable minds to act. Ie. Does it distort their perception of what is acceptable or not and send them down a path.
I feel that is important to ask

Certain posters are though misunderstanding ,twisting things and now making unpleasant remarks,so I'll not pursue this question further

I can’t bump my original post because it’s on the last thread, but just to reiterate my comments about personally not ever wanting to walk alone in the dark...

Writer Caitlin Moran tweeted: "I am 45 and it is 2021 and I am essentially under a curfew. Like all women. And there are absolutely no exit plans for this. It's just presumed women will stay home when it's dark ... forever."

Sarah Everard: Reclaim These Streets vigil planned as women share anger at constant safety fears

It’s reassuring to know that I’m not being overly cautious and that other women feel the same as me, but I just can’t see this ending because there is no way of ever being able to remove these predators from our streets. We aren’t just talking sexual predators, but muggers and non sexually motivated murderers too.

Do you all know about the ignore button? Now you do!

If you click on any poster's avatar, a little window will come up that has a number of options. On the far right of that window, it says "ignore." If you click that and put a poster on ignore, the forum will automatically hide all of their posts. The poster doesn't know you did it, and you can remove it at any time.

This is helpful for both discussions you do not want to read (ignore those posters for a couple of hours) or people you seem to really not get along with (ignore them forever). It helps keep the peace and I encourage you to "ignore" liberally.

So is this a new fence?
Been playing catch up sorry. Also can't get over how close you are haha.

Also... has it been confirmed if the victim is also the victim of the indecent exposure or is this a separate victim?
I've seen articles quoted here in MSM that state the indecent exposure charge is unrelated to this case.

I am really wondering about whether WC may have partaken in dogging, and that is why he detoured to Clapham. And knows these deserted/wooded areas in Ashford.

A search for popular dogging spots in Kent according to MSM
The places to avoid in Kent after dark - unless you're into dogging

3 spots named in Ashford - all of which are a very short distance to the Leisure Centre/police searches, and 2 are woodlands....

And Clapham Common is named here for top South London dogging spots. The only one close to his work and on the way back home, which may explain why he detoured 30 mins to Clapham to head back home.
The 31 notorious South London dogging sites which come alive after dark

It would also explain an indecent exposure charge, as dogging/cottaging are not illegal per se but the charge of indecent exposure is often used in these cases. Wonder if there have been witnesses (other doggers/cottagers) who have come forward about him.

JMO

Edited by me: To clarify I DON'T think SE was part of anything like this. It just may explain his proclivities and why he was in the area.

What is dogging??

CC is on that list if you scroll down on the second article linked by the OP.

Errr, Clapham Common is a well known spot for Gay cruising, indecent exposure and other encounters. I too live very nearby and I have seen it myself so yes, they could 'get it done in that regard'

Do you all know about the ignore button? Now you do!

If you click on any poster's avatar, a little window will come up that has a number of options. On the far right of that window, it says "ignore." If you click that and put a poster on ignore, the forum will automatically hide all of their posts. The poster doesn't know you did it, and you can remove it at any time.

This is helpful for both discussions you do not want to read (ignore those posters for a couple of hours) or people you seem to really not get along with (ignore them forever). It helps keep the peace and I encourage you to "ignore" liberally.

Cannot recommend the ignore button enough. Keeps a thread harmoniously ticking over and stops it going off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kyry73191