UK - Sergei, 66, & Yulia Skripal, 33, poisoned, Salisbury, 4 March 2018

Wild thought, but wondering if the doorknob at the house might have been contaminated somehow?
It would presumably be one of the last things touched when exiting the house and likely the first thing the policeman would have touched when he went there to investigate.
imo, speculation.

Hmm, that's a good line of thinking.

Thallium?
It is apparently slow acting..
speculation, imo.
https://news.sky.com/story/what-is-a-nerve-agent-and-how-does-it-work-11280206
[h=1]What is a nerve agent and how does it work?[/h] As hundreds of detectives investigate the Salisbury poisoning, we take a closer look at the science behind the lethal toxins.
rbbm.
:ThalliumThis heavy metal poison is colourless, odourless and tateless.

It is used commercially as a metal element in electronics, the pharmaceutical industry and in glass manufacturing. It is also used in infrared detectors.

Known as the "poisoner's poison", it can be used in liquid form or in a powder to poison the victim.

Historically used as a rat poison, its non-selective toxicity led to bans of the compound in the majority of countries.

It is slow acting and painful, with an additional side-effect of hair loss.

It is notoriously hard to trace.

The younger Skripal arrived in London on Saturday, the day before the two collapsed.

Investigators are looking into several theories of when and where Skripal and his daughter were targeted by the nerve agent, including if it could have been slipped in via a package or spray at his home or administered at a Salisbury restaurant and pub they visited before they were found unconscious.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...ry-nerve-agent-into-ex-russian-spys-home.html

Blair, who led the London force when Litvinenko was fatally poisoned, called for a review of the deaths of 14 Russians in the U.K. amid suggestions they were targeted by the Russian state.

Very lengthy detailed article.rbbm.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...a/news-story/7308fe42c2589f6b37643369a456285e
Intelligence experts are looking at Yulia’s arrival in Salisbury at the end of February — not far from a British defence base — and whether it triggered a Russian hit squad to swing into action. Her *arrival coincided with the “Beast from the East’’ heavy snowstorm that sent temperatures plummeting and froze the countryside. The two didn’t venture far: stepping out a few times to have lunch at an Italian chain eatery Zizzi and then a few drinks at the 16th-century pub The Mill nearby.

If such a death squad was poised to strike, the grey skies and freezing weather would have posed some problems with getting the two in an isolated area away from CCTV cameras, and perhaps impacting on the efficacy of the poison. But whoever was behind the plan had to move fast for, on Sunday, Yulia was preparing to return to Russia. As had been Sergei Skripal’s usual Sunday routine, the two emerged about 1.30pm to enjoy risotto and garlic bread at Zizzi and a pint of San Miguel and a glass of white wine at The Mill.

Witnesses said later Sergei was agitated at both the restaurant and the pub, gesticulating to Yulia and demanding quicker service and insisting on an isolated table at the rear rather than near the front window. His rudeness was seemingly at odds with neighbours’ descriptions of a quiet, friendly man. Investigators are looking at whether he may have already been poisoned at that point and have extended the cordon to his home for further testing.
If the assassination attempt shocked the British public, coming after the death of Litvinenko, the news that a bobby on the beat, described as one of the first to assist the pair, was seen in a catatonic state on a park bench at 4pm on Sunday, has sparked intense fury.

The impact on Sergeant Nick Bailey, and the brief hospitalisation of a total of 21 people, has galvanised political scrutiny that might have otherwise slipped by the wayside in the manner of about a dozen other suspicious deaths of Russian dissidents in the UK over the past decade.
Police have refused to reveal how the poison was administered, and they may not know. Was it the opening of a gift Yulia had brought from Russian friends? Or a confrontation with a murderer spraying poison in their faces? Was their food laced with the nerve agent? How did the nerve agent arrive in Britain?
There are huge question marks surrounding the death of a Russian whistleblower Alexander Perepilichnyy, who died while jogging near his Surrey home in 2012, but was found in an insurance-related inquest to have rare plant poison in his stomach.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43355824
[h=1]Russian spy: Daughter Yulia Skripal didn't deserve poisoning, friend says[/h]
Her childhood friend Irina Petrova told the BBC she remembered the Skripals as the "perfect family".

But she thought people might be afraid to speak publicly about the pair.

"I'm starting to get scared," she said. "No one wants to speak - even her relatives".
Ms Petrova, who has known Ms Skripal since attending primary school with her in Russia, said relatives "don't want to talk", adding: "There aren't many of them left."

Ms Skripal's mother, uncle and elder brother have all died in recent years.
Ms Skripal had an "excellent" relationship with her father, she said, and had been the "perfect kid" who received excellent grades at school.
She said Ms Skripal rarely spoke about her problems, but was "always smiling, just like her mother".

There have been some suspicious deaths outside of UK as well. Lesin supposedly died from falling in his hotel room, which didn't have stairs. I find that very hard to believe.

"Unusual deaths have also taken place outside of Britain. The 2015 death of former Putin aide Mikhail Lesin in a Washington hotel room was officially blamed by the District of Columbia's chief medical examiner on accidental injuries suffered after days of heavy drinking, but officials never explained how he got the blunt force injuries to his head and body."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sergei-yulia-skripal-spy-poisoning-latest-string-suspicious-cases-uk/

Mystery woman is spotted in new CCTV footage of Russian spy and his daughter strolling through city centre moments before they collapse from nerve agent poison attack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5481219/Russian-double-agent-house-key-poison-plot.html

I don't get this. This article is saying that the dark-haired woman walking in front is Yulia, and the blonde-haired woman walking behind with Skripal is the unknown woman.

But there's another video of Skripal with a blonde woman where the blonde is said to be Yulia.

where's the other video?

I don't get this. This article is saying that the dark-haired woman walking in front is Yulia, and the blonde-haired woman walking behind with Skripal is the unknown woman.

But there's another video of Skripal with a blonde woman where the blonde is said to be Yulia.

in the video of the blond walking beside Skripal, it looks like she puts her arm forward to reach out to the daughter in front, right before the video ends

The new video shows a stocky man - believed to be Mr Skripal - walking past a restaurant with two women at 4.08pm, before a police car speeds past at 4.15pm, a paramedic is seen running at 4.16pm, and then an ambulance car at 4.18pm. The woman next to the man appears to be walking a dog.

The new footage is at odds with previous CCTV images, which showed a man Mr Skripal's age and a woman with a bright red handbag walking along the same path. The differences suggest at least one piece of footage does not show the Skripals, but potential witnesses.
rbbm.

Videos are of such poor quality, there seems to be a lot of confusion of who is who in those videos. All the photos show Yulia with long hair, unless she had a recent haircut it would appear woman with short blond hair is not Yulia.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43359154
[h=1]Russian spy: 240 witnesses identified over poisoning[/h]
  • 5 hours ago
More than 240 witnesses have been identified as police investigate the Russian ex-spy poisoning "at speed", the home secretary has said.

Amber Rudd praised the professionalism of the police who are now looking at more than 200 pieces of evidence.

The investigation into the attempted murder of Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia is now in its sixth day.

Meanwhile, Det Sergeant Nick Bailey, who fell ill attending the pair, has denied he is a "hero".

Mr Bailey remains seriously ill but is awake and engaging with his family.
attachment.php

Attachments

• _100329888_cctvpiece.png.jpg
    _100329888_cctvpiece.png.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 167
where's the other video?

I saw it on the BBC a few days ago, but it's also linked on the DM article when you've finished playing the vid of the three people walking..

I'm looking now for a link to the video...

Here's the one on the BBC news website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-43302013/russian-spy-cctv-footage-in-sergei-skripal-investigation

This link just says a man and a woman, but I thought the DM said it was Skripal with Yulia. This is a much better quality image of the blonde woman than the DM vid I saw. IMHO the blonde in the BBC vid has a very Russian look about her.

Editing to day I can't now find a link where it describes the blonde woman as Yulia. I think I did read that but I can't find it now, it was obviously an error.

So...who is she? How did she avoid being 'poisoned'?

The media definitely seem to be saying that it was a nerve agent that they don't want to identify specifically at this time. I don't think Thallium is a nerve agent? But all these different suspicious incidents, they all seem to have different chemical agents behind them? And others aren't chemical agents but mysterious circumstances surrounding a death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back