GUILTY UK - Woman puts cat in trash can caught on video

Snip from 2goldfish's article:

"Miss Bale said she was just walking home on Saturday when she saw the cat and decided to play with it. But she told the Sun that she 'suddenly thought it would be funny' to put it in the bin.
'I did it as a joke because I thought it would be funny. I never thought it would be trapped, I expected it to wriggle out,' she said"

She also says she thinks this has all gotten out of hand because it is just a cat.

She does not appear to be learning the lesson being given to her....JMO.
How did she expect the cat to "wriggle out" when she put a lid on?
And I fail to see how claiming it's "just a cat" makes for a good "apology."

I was going to say the same thing jjenny. No one is stupid enough to think that a cat can "wiggle" out of a closed trash bin. It really makes me mad when she says "it's just a cat".
UGH! Someone out there is crazier than her and will probably get her back in some way.

So, first she says she has no idea what came over her that caused her to do that....
Then, she says it was a joke....
Then, her mom says it's because her dad has been in the hospital.....
Then, she says she doesn't know what the big deal is because it's just a cat....

So, wonder what's next?

She is so full of it..........

She did it as a joke? That's why she looked around like a guilty crazy woman before lifting that lid.

No lady............you did it to be cruel. I'd have trouble coming up with a reason too if I were you...........BECAUSE THERE IS NO GOOD REASON---YOU ARE A MEAN OLE' BAT WITH A MENTAL DISORDER!!!!!!!! (sorry I had to yell like that)

She is so full of it..........

She did it as a joke? That's why she looked around like a guilty crazy woman before lifting that lid.

No lady............you did it to be cruel. I'd have trouble coming up with a reason too if I were you...........BECAUSE THERE IS NO GOOD REASON---YOU ARE A MEAN OLE' BAT WITH A MENTAL DISORDER!!!!!!!! (sorry I had to yell like that)

I agree that she's mean and possibly has a mental disorder, but did you see that she's only 45. :eek:

Also, reading another article it sounds like this is not considered a crime in the UK. Could that be true? There is no animal cruelty violation?

Snip from 2goldfish's article:

"Miss Bale said she was just walking home on Saturday when she saw the cat and decided to play with it. But she told the Sun that she 'suddenly thought it would be funny' to put it in the bin.
'I did it as a joke because I thought it would be funny. I never thought it would be trapped, I expected it to wriggle out,' she said"

She also says she thinks this has all gotten out of hand because it is just a cat.

She does not appear to be learning the lesson being given to her....JMO.

She is contradicting herself all OVER the place! Nowhere in her statement should she have said, 'it's just a cat' or 'it was just a joke'.

This woman is truly troubled.

I've seen her age listed as 45 :eek: Is that right? I thought she was in her mid 50's at least.

I just watched the video, and my there are no words for this woman's act of cruelty!

It's just sick! Tell me how this woman was able to sleep that night, knowing what a horrible thing she did to this poor cat.

If it was just a joke, why didn't she go back later and make sure it had got out? Because she knew damn well it couldn't get out and she never intended for it to get out. She deserves every bit of the vitriol being directed at her.

I completely agree with everyones comments on this. This lady is a disgusting, mean, cruel piece of work. Also her mom said she loves animals yet she claims "it was just a cat"...that is not something a person who loves animals would say!!!

You know, I just can't get this woman outta my head. Compared to all the cases of child abuse, torture, and murder we see on here, many will say that this is not so important.

First, I've read some (other places) who are saying this isn't a big deal. Here's why it is to me. 1- The fact that she was so casual and looked all around before she put the cat in the bin. Shows me she KNEW it was wrong and not just a joke. 2 - People who can be so casual about being cruel to animals are often just as mean to other humans. 3- She later says it's "just a cat." Animal lover? I think not.

ARe you guys thinking what I am thinking about her dad's accident...sorry. Probably should edit that comment.

Two comments:

I would bet that this is not the first cat she has abused. This is not the sort of thing that just comes over someone suddenly due to emotional stress. You have to wonder how many pets that have gone missing in that area had the bad luck to have encountered her? I think she thought this was funny. Now she got caught and the BS is coming out.
As you can guess from my avatar, I am a cat lover. I am older than I care to admit and have been apalled for many years at how many people out there in society not only hate but want to harm these creatures. The 'it was just a cat' mentality is a lame excuse that covers a psychopathic hatred for many who use it. I can only guess why this is so. Certain personality types cannot stand their independence and the fact that they refuse to play tricks or grovel to humans. Hitler hated cats and would not allow one anyplace near him. So, she is in good company...

The thing that worries me is what has this woman done before? How many horrid acts of cruelty has she done when there are no cameras to catch her?

Some people (on the newspaper sites) are commenting about how it's just a cat and there are people every day that have worse done to them and we should help those people and not cats and so on and so on and so on.

Here is the difference; we actually see this act. If we just heard about someone putting a kitty in a trash bin we would give it a few seconds of thought, comment on the jerk who would do such a thing and then move on. We have become that callused. But to have this on camera that shakes us to our core and I am glad because if it didn't then we would not be a caring society.

Anytime any type of cruelty is caught on camera, be it human or animal, it upsets us as it should.

The day we don't get upset at seeing things like this is the day we have lost our civilized society.

Animal abuse is a sign of something. People who abuse animals also abuse innocent and defenseless humans, like the elderly or children. This woman is dangerous and evil.

I just FB shared this. Thank you for posting. She turned herself in because she was scared after reading the comments on FB. Oh FB, how I love thee! I love it when people band together for a common good. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! I bet Mrs Mary Bale thinks twice before hurting someone else's beloved pet. I hope charges are brought against her.

Apparently, what she did is not a crime in England. She will not be charged with anything but is being afforded police protection. That steams me. I hope the owners can sue her at the least. I think the community should protest outside of her home or something. And perhaps work to enact some anti-animal cruelty laws with teeth.

The sad thing is that this kitty was a rescue kitty who had been afraid of people but with love, apparently, got over it. Now this? I hope kitty is getting lots of love, treats and attention to make up for the trauma of what this witch did.

How did she expect the cat to "wriggle out" when she put a lid on?
And I fail to see how claiming it's "just a cat" makes for a good "apology."

Yes, and that "just a cat" can feel the heat and hunger, thirst, pain, fear and sadness. Other animals are not that different from humans, except he cannot likely reason that someone would eventually find him or that if he keeps yelling long enough someone will rescue him. He had to just crouch there in the heat and his own waste despairing of the ability ever to get free. Poor baby. I loathe people like this waste of flesh. There is no excuse. Stress does not cause normally good people do become horribly cruel like that, IMO.

I am totally appalled that this woman hasn't been charged with animal cruelty. :furious: To think what precious Lola went through for 15 hours, how terrified this sweet, loving little animal must have been. And to think Lola trusted this monster enough to be picked up and put in that trash bin. :furious:

Thankfully Lola survived and hopefully she will recover from the trauma. Bless her little heart! :cat:

MOO

I don't know why she can't be charged? She took some one else's property and removed it from their control, obviously with the intent to forever deprive them of the property. And is this case, that means a sweet, loving kitty that probably brings her owners a great deal of pleasure, comfort and love.

They should put her in jail for her own safety, so we taxpayers don't have to pay the police to guard her door. Let her feel what it is like to be caged up!

Salem
That dark, smelly trash bin with no source of air would be a good place for her. :furious: MOO

I agree that she's mean and possibly has a mental disorder, but did you see that she's only 45. :eek:

Also, reading another article it sounds like this is not considered a crime in the UK. Could that be true? There is no animal cruelty violation?

45!??

That has to be a mistake and if not--------she is not aging well!

The fact that this woman doesn't understand what all the fuss is about shows that she is a deeply disturbed individual, IMO. It makes me wonder how many times she's done this (or worse) that didn't happen to be caught on tape. :furious:

45!??

That has to be a mistake and if not--------she is not aging well!

I have read her age as 45 on several different sites. If she has been under stress for a long time that can age a person.

This woman scares me to death. What has she done before to other animals?

She is 45. Is she married? Kids? I didn't catch any of that info in what I read.

The only thing makes sense is she felt some kind of sick power by doing this to a helpless kitty. She probably feels degraded at work, maybe at home too so she finds something weaker than she is and tries to destroy it.

No matter what she says or how she tries to explain herself she can't escape the fact that she is a sick and scary woman. One I would not want anywhere near the people and animals I love.

Believe09 you and I thought the same thought.

To me this act means she is capable of anything. Anything.

Yes, I am not a shrink but I play one wherever I go. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back