GUILTY UT - Destiny Norton, 5, Salt Lake City, 16 July 2006

RKnowley said:
Wow...her website is up really fast (good job!!)....she disappeared Sunday evening, right?

She looks to me like a normal little girl....complete with her "green streaks" which were probably allowed for fun by her mom ...seems she was fiesty little thing when she didn't want to go to bed...maybe she pulled this kind of stunt before without suffering any serious consequences...only this time was different, she disappeared....

I wonder what is up with a pillow in the dumpster...could be something, could be nothing....who knows....

I will reserve my opinions until I hear more....seems the family is doing everything they can to find her. If they had something to hide you would think they would drag their feet a little during the investigation...I don't see that...I see a website up fast, reward money, turning over suspicious persons of interests.....distraught father, upset mother (going into premature labor)....

Prayers she will be found safe!!!

Joan, I'm with you. I'm not ready to jump on the parents right now either. I see no signs that they have anything to do with her disappearance.

I myself didn't hear anything about a pillow being found. I only heard that they collected some items that may or may not have anything to do with Destiny's disappearance.

joanofarc said:
Wow...her website is up really fast (good job!!)....she disappeared Sunday evening, right?

She looks to me like a normal little girl....complete with her "green streaks" which were probably allowed for fun by her mom ...seems she was fiesty little thing when she didn't want to go to bed...maybe she pulled this kind of stunt before without suffering any serious consequences...only this time was different, she disappeared....

I wonder what is up with a pillow in the dumpster...could be something, could be nothing....who knows....

I will reserve my opinions until I hear more....seems the family is doing everything they can to find her. If they had something to hide you would think they would drag their feet a little during the investigation...I don't see that...I see a website up fast, reward money, turning over suspicious persons of interests.....distraught father, upset mother (going into premature labor)....

Prayers she will be found safe!!!

There was one picture showing two bags being carried from the dumpster, one marked "pillow" the other "FBI" (according to the article).

RKnowley said:
I myself didn't hear anything about a pillow being found. I only heard that they collected some items that may or may not have anything to do with Destiny's disappearance.
Hi RK:

In this news link it mentions some evidence the police found in the dumpster and what each were lableled....since Destiny was getting ready for bed and threw her temper tantrum what if she grabbed her pillow and went outside...then whoever grabbed her threw it in the dumpster....I wonder, hmmmm???

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=364019

Destiny was last seen at 8:30 Sunday night. Police say she was getting ready for bed at her home near 700 South 500 East. Police say she got in an argument with her parents and stormed out of the house. When the parents went to check on her ten minutes later, the five-year old was nowhere to be found.

Part of the investigation Monday afternoon appeared to center around a dumpster behind the home.

Police dedicated a significant amount of attention to the dumpster. They covered it with a blue awning and a number of investigators appeared to be combing through the contents of the dumpster. Late Monday afternoon police finished whatever they were doing at the dumpster and left with two large evidence bags. One was labeled "pillow", the other, smaller one, labeled "FBI".

harleysnana said:
It was on our local news yesterday... sorry no link.
Here you go....

Destiny was last seen at 8:30 Sunday night. Police say she was getting ready for bed at her home near 700 South 500 East. Police say she got in an argument with her parents and stormed out of the house. When the parents went to check on her ten minutes later, the five-year old was nowhere to be found.

Part of the investigation Monday afternoon appeared to center around a dumpster behind the home.

Police dedicated a significant amount of attention to the dumpster. They covered it with a blue awning and a number of investigators appeared to be combing through the contents of the dumpster.
Late Monday afternoon police finished whatever they were doing at the dumpster and left with two large evidence bags. One was labeled "pillow", the other, smaller one, labeled "FBI".

Why would a 5-year old have green stripes in her hair and silver caps on her teeth? :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: If a 5-year old has that many cavities, I think there is some neglect there.

Joan, thank you very much for pointing this article out to me. I see that Jaybird had posted it and I made the mistake in thinking that I had read all the posts from yesterday so I had passed it by. Thank you again. I guess it is possible that the pillow belongs to Destiny. I wonder if there is one missing from the house.

joanofarc said:
Hi RK:

In this news link it mentions some evidence the police found in the dumpster and what each were lableled....since Destiny was getting ready for bed and threw her temper tantrum what if she grabbed her pillow and went outside...then whoever grabbed her threw it in the dumpster....I wonder, hmmmm???

Police dedicated a significant amount of attention to the dumpster. They covered it with a blue awning and a number of investigators appeared to be combing through the contents of the dumpster. Late Monday afternoon police finished whatever they were doing at the dumpster and left with two large evidence bags. One was labeled "pillow", the other, smaller one, labeled "FBI".

Thank you WhiteWolf for pointing this out.

WhiteWolf said:
There was one picture showing two bags being carried from the dumpster, one marked "pillow" the other "FBI" (according to the article).

Destiny's zip is 84102.

Her full address is;
721 S. 500 EAST.
SALT LAKE CITY UT

Can someone please look up the sex offenders? Let's see how many live by her. This is not considered a good area of the city.

I never said her parents were responsible...just pointing out that with the area she lives in, six adults living in one residence, and as another poster mentioned in another thread, silver-capped teeth may be an indication of neglect, that the residence she lives in may have drug activity. Additionally, with LE asking for volunteers NOT to search in a 5 mile raidius seems to indicate that LE are concerned that evidence may be tampered with if volunteers approach the parameters given.

Since when did setting up a website quickly absolve anyone from a crime? Even as a researcher, I can not see the correlation.

This forum is for speculation and discussion which is why I did not post my thoughts on the missing thread but here instead. Just picking brains and throwing out thoughts.:twocents:

I am wondering if her hair is that way from dye, or if from swimming or something. My hair turns green if I am in chlorine water much. As far as the caps on her teeth go. My brother brushes his teeth at least once daily. When he was an toddler he wouldn't drink milk so instead he was given applejuice. This caused a similar problem with his teeth. They wanted to put all silver caps on his teeth. My mother refused and said she would pay no matter how much extra it was for porcelin caps. My mother has some money, but if this family doesn't. They will automatically put silver caps on childrens teeth, because they are baby teeth and will fall out anyway. Just thought this might help shed some light on this. I think one of the parents had something to do with it. Y would she have stormed out of the house with a pillow. Sounds to me like someone removing something from the house so that it wasn't found.

Why would a 5-year old have green stripes in her hair and silver caps on her teeth? If a 5-year old has that many cavities, I think there is some neglect there.

OK...my best fiend's nephews are 3 and 5. They both wanted Mohawks and it is summer...so even though dad and mom didn't like it they allowed it for the summer and the boys even have them colored. They are good parents.

My daughter had a mouth full of cavities. I am not a bad mom (now that my kids are teens they might think so). She got her dad's side of the family's crappy tooth enamel and she has had several problems.

Not to mention that if Destiny's parents let her sleep with a bottle while younger, that could cause the teeth coming in to be rotten all ready.

I don't think colored hair and bad teeth make bad parents.

I also have a strong willed daughter and it was not uncommon for her to get mad at me and want to leave. When she did she would storm out and go sit on the step or porch swing, and proceed to tell me that she was calming down. I would leave her alone and check on her out the window or stand by the door so she wouldn't see me and freak out even more. I don't see an issue with that either.

I do see an issue with the police not doing an official search and not wanting searchers in a 5 blocks radius of the home. That leads me to believe that the police already have some sort of idea what has happened to her that prob. involves the someone her knew her.

http://www.cr.ex.state.ut.us/asp-bin/sexoffendersearchform.asp

There are 48 sexual offenders in this small area alone.

The cholorine take, I had never considered. Thank you for suggesting it. And of course you are right about the silver-capped teeth. I have a good friend whose child has a few himself and he isn't neglected. I guess the aspect that concerns me most is that I personally know this area and there is a lot of criminal activity and that the search area is being contained to a 5 mile radius. Sounds like LE are onto something, imho.

They said Destiny's teeth had bottle rot.

Jeana (DP) said:
Why would a 5-year old have green stripes in her hair and silver caps on her teeth? :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: If a 5-year old has that many cavities, I think there is some neglect there.

Well I've never seen a housefull of druggies set up a website before, lol - but I agree that having a website absolves no one of crime (& I don't think anyone said that it does).

For discussions sake and in the interest of presenting the other side:

Mom not crying on television VS - Parents quickly establishing website.
Green hair & capped teeth VS - An appropriate bedtime, well groomed hair & appropriate dental care.
6 Adults in the home VS - 103 sex offenders in two neighboring zip codes.
Active drug neighborhood VS - Destiny's family orgainizing volunteer searches.

I can go either way on this one - family responsible or a stranger abduction, imho there just isn't enough info yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back