Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would certainly explain her coming straight to him after her flight. If he was her boyfriend.

What it doesn't explain is why wouldn't he drive maybe 15 minutes to the airport to see that she was safe and brought to his home.

For me, it doesn't explain why she took a Lyft to an isolated park and got into his car, which was hidden well enough that the Lyft driver doesn't recall it.

It's not even as though the Lyft drove right up next to the car, while the car was under a light so the Lyft could see the car and make sure to head there.

The drop-off was secretive and hidden. That doesn't add up to boyfriend, to me

Guy could have been prostituting women from his place, shooting *advertiser censored*, etc. who knows.
Seems straightforward. All my opinion and conjecture, of course. He hooks up on these apps. Whether by being a sugar daddy or whatever, he meets up in ways that can be mutually beneficial.
Something happens here. He burns and disposed of evidence and orders new replacement stuff.
Doesn’t seem like much of a mystery unless to someone who is really naive.

Perhaps he lures in women, like ML, with something else and when she discovered what he wanted she balked and said she'd take a Lyft home, thankyouverymuch, and then it went south.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is going to seem disjointed, but that is because it was a while ago and I can’t remember a lot about it. I learned from someone younger than me that a lot of online communication goes on via gaming sites because it is not traceable. When I heard that, a friend of mine who was standing next to me piped up and said that was how her exhusband used to communicate with his lover.

This just brings back that conversation so I thought I would mention it.

That would certainly explain her coming straight to him after her flight. If he was her boyfriend.

What it doesn't explain is why wouldn't he drive maybe 15 minutes to the airport to see that she was safe and brought to his home.

At this point nothing much makes sense. If he did something why is he walking free and only a poi?

I've been busy and missed a few hours so maybe there's more I haven't read just yet.
If it was premeditated, and he is not a total imbecile (references unavailable), he would know that cameras would capture him picking her up at the airport.

BUT. If he did follow the fatherless page as her, AND hes not a total imbecile, he would know there would be a ping associated with using her phone and/or account.

So.... I dunno.

I'm guessing that hes walking free while a POI because LE wants any charges to stick. And they don't have the full picture yet.

A professor is in a position of authority, with the power of coercion under the threat of failing grades. The SB/SD relationship appears to be between two consenting adults who both have something to gain from the arrangement. Does that make sense? The power dynamics are very different, I think.

Can you please in a matter of speaking explain how this relationship style does not meet a definition of victimizing? I am sorry, but I can't see it any other way. For either party. Maybe I am missing something. Probably because I don't go very far into those sites. There is money and goods exchanged for someone being....just really cute? I would think unless someone was extremely self aware and sure of their place in the world the constant purchasing and contracting would lead to anger issues. I mean, a college student "needs money", a man wants the attention of a college student, and pays for it. I just want to be sure I understand how such an underground trend is completely normal if most of the general population hasn't adopted it as a norm. Is there a link to studies on this? I mean either way, in this case someone has become the ultimate victim. Go ahead and report this if you want, but if this is never explained people are just going to quietly keep wondering and never get an answer. To my inexperienced view, the men who perpetrate this are not much different than a professor giving grades for favors, and preying on youthful vulnerable people. JMO.

BBM

I can definitely answer this.

Sugar relationships are not necessarily (though can be of course, like any relationship agreement) victims, for either party.

Think of it less in terms of trading and more about exchanging. There is an exchange done. A value you placed and DISCUSSED by both parties. Almost like a verbal contract (and actually a lot of sugar relationships have written contracts as well). There isn’t a ton of grey area. No one is being taken advantage of (again, this CAN happen in some outlier cases but generally speaking for the community as a whole it doesn’t).

I think these relationship are very difficult to comprehend as outsiders, or someone who would never even engage in the thought of them. But they occur very frequently and have a large subculture.

Due to the consent, agreed upon exchanges, and mutual benefit- these are not consider victim relationships.

Yes.
My theory began with KL's 'fatherless' follow yesterday. I have a hard time believing that was actually her, and in my minds eye, "fatherless" could be the equivalent of "no daddy". Kwim?

A recent divorce just fuels this idea for me.

I feel relatively certain that the following of fatherless was a random coincidence rather than the POI liking the page but the connection itself is strange for everything that is going on. The timing of when that happened also happened to be close to when the page posted a new photo after not posting for five weeks so it would make sense they made there account from private to public therefore automatically accepting everyone who had previously requested to follow. That being said the timing of the divorce approx one year ago along with the POI stopping using Mayhem about a year ago coupled with the meetup interests involving sex and *advertiser censored* addiction may suggest that was a problem and ultimately the catalyst for his divorce. If he stopped using Mayhem and attempted to get any sexual problems he felt he had under control after his divorce, those could have come back in the last several months. Neighbors reported him being withdrawn lately could also indicate depression possibly over his sexual issues. I could keep going on trying to understand his potential motivations.

I didn't have free time earlier to get into specifics, so here goes.

Note: I am a Salt Lake City local that works in Information Security. I've requested a verification path from a mod.

It seems there's questions about digital footprints and tracking. Needless to say, there's a wealth of information to be collected on the internet, even when someone thinks they're being sneaky about who they are. Generally, that info isn't available through just google searches, unless you know how to search and tie details together.

What I will focus on here is information that would be collected by law enforcement in a case like this.

When considering how a website or application is logged into, it's generally username and password. At least on the surface. Many companies are now implementing something called passive authentication. This is essentially a process that happens without the user even being aware. For example, logging into your bank. Have you ever received the "We don't recognize this device" message? That is passive authentication. Your bank website knows what devices you've previously used and when it doesn't recognize the device attempting to log into your account, it sends you into a secondary verification path - like sending you a text or an email to confirm it is you. Passive authentication is a protection against fraudulent activity. However...

It also collects a significant amount of data. IP address, browser type, reputation score of the IP - there's so much information and it all happens in seconds. Login attempts are tracked and stored, even if only for a period of time, and will collect the information I mentioned above. As it pertains to SM accounts - users of those platforms ARE the product, and they have very robust analytics programs. That is, they have data upon data upon data and can help LE visualize the big picture of ML's activity as well as the POI.

I have no knowledge of the warrants in this case, but I expect they involved getting all account login data for ML's accounts for the past 30 days. That way, they will know which IP addresses/devices she used to login to her accounts, and review for any activity after the 17th. This doesn't even have to be done manually - often, companies have software that performs data aggregation and may be able to provide an analytics report plus the raw data to LE.

I actually understand that so hope you might explain, assuming my details here are even accurate. Admit upfront ignorance in everything “tech” but trying to better understand. Specifically, options for tracking movements when cell phone is off - powered off or battery dead (any difference in tracking based on manner of “off”)? In N Calif case, source for interview stated, history of individual’s movements recorded by Google. That data was uploaded producing a map used to track suspects movements over significant amount of time including day victim went missing. Google map actually showed exact location of movements, all the way to where remains were found, which happened to be in a rural area with limited cell service. So, if phone is not getting a signal, powers off or battery dies then how is Google able to capture and maintain history, is it due to initial input of specific address within Google Map? My initial thought, linked to vehicle GPS, told that was not the source, left me confused but very determined to understand. May be obvious to some so don’t toss me out as being complete idiot, possible I’m putting too much thought into the mechanics or that I’ve not got the details correct.

So this is going to seem disjointed, but that is because it was a while ago and I can’t remember a lot about it. I learned from someone younger than me that a lot of online communication goes on via gaming sites because it is not traceable. When I heard that, a friend of mine who was standing next to me piped up and said that was how her exhusband used to communicate with his lover.

I think most things done online can be traceable. Maybe not by the average person, but by people who are trained and we can't forget that digital forensics is a thing.
jmo

I find this interesting. I have a daughter, a son and a niece in the same age group as ML. In the last couple of days I've asked them and a few of their friends what they think about SD/SB and if they know of anybody who is or has been involved in this type of lifestyle. They have all heard about it and knew what I was talking about, but they laughed and looked at me like I was nuts when I asked them if they knew of anybody who lived this type of lifestyle. So, my question for you is how do demographics and or geographical area fit into this?

I commented on this in an earlier thread but for her geographic location, it’s is much more prevalent compared to other similarly sized geographical locations. Demographics and geography definitely play a role.

Thanks that’s what I’ve been looking for. Now how did she earn achievement award 8 days ago if she was missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname