Found Alive UT - Madelyn Allen, 19, seen leaving Snow College dorm, Ephraim, 13 Dec 2021

I'm following.
Very worried for Madelyn. I watched her youtube videos. She is very sweet, and strikes me as being quite innocent and perhaps sheltered.
She reminds me of Linda Stoltzfoos.

Seemingly she did not tell anyone that she was going somewhere, or meeting someone?
It's been 3 days. The surveillance video on her going out the door, she wasn't dressed for the cold, nor gave me the impression that she would be out for long. Did someone come by to pick up something? to chat in the car? (if there was a car waiting). Was she going out to see a friend in another dorm or elsewhere on campus?
Does she have a boyfriend?

FBI already being involved is concerning. I hope this isn't a catfishing thing of some sort. :(

I'm very concerned as well. There's a chance she may have thrown on a coat to go give someone something expecting to come right back. It also could have been last minute so she didn't mention it to friends. left her phone behind since she was only going to be gone for a few minutes. UGH! Praying for this young girl.

I am local to the area, and this is really weird. Ephraim is a very small, one-stoplight town 40 minutes from the nearest freeway. There are no Ubers/Lyft type services here. There are no scooter rentals here. There are no bars in Ephraim, either. There is not a lot of crime here, besides normal student vandalism type things. The biggest tragedy this year was a student who died because he and friends were riding in an open car trunk and the student fell out onto the road. From what students are saying on the internal college app message board, she did not have a car. (That's pretty common for students who are from Utah, especially freshman.) It snowed on the night of the 14th, but the 13th was clear. I can provide other town context if people need it.

I am pretty sure LE has read her phone and computer logs by now. If someone called/texted/pm'd/DM'd, to say they were coming to pick something up etc, I think they'd know by now? Hopefully they are already on the trail...

@wnk @Pseudonymph @CluelessWonder , Your comments are breaking my heart. This young lady most certainly shouldn't be missing. There are obviously no frat parties, bar stuff from what I can tell from this girls lifestyle and to be frank, I have a 21 yr old son who wouldn't be out and about on a Monday night either. I just don't know what to make of how this could have happened. Did she trust someone she shouldn't have?

From the article above, security footage appears to show Madelyn leaving her dorm at 9:22 pm on Monday, December 13th with a plastic bag.
Is she wearing shorts? Or leggings? Either way, we had a gigantic snowstorm on Tuesday night, the biggest we’ve had in like two years, all across the northern section of the state. If she’s wearing shorts or leggings, she’s going to be incredibly cold.

Are we sure its her in the security video? All the reports say it "appears" to show Madelyn leaving the dorm. To my eye the hair looks lighter and shorter than her photo. Could she have disappeared at another time and under different circumstances.

Oh lord, in what world is a knee length skirt a “tiny short skirt”? Her skirt is Mormon-appropriate and casual.

it looks like she’s dropping something off with someone outside, because she isn’t dressed very warmly. Maybe someone came to pick something up or drop something off, like a Craigslist or Facebook marketplace deal? Odd that her roommates didn’t do anything until the next day though as if it was not unexpected she didn’t return shortly?

I thought they were shorts or maybe leggings but either way, it’s too cold to not be wearing full on pants if you’re going for a walk longer than even 2 minutes. Interesting observation on if she was selling something. If she is LDS, drugs can’t be completely ruled out but it’s not impossible

Is she wearing shorts? Or leggings? Either way, we had a gigantic snowstorm on Tuesday night, the biggest we’ve had in like two years, all across the northern section of the state. If she’s wearing shorts or leggings, she’s going to be incredibly cold.
A skirt, according to the articles so far. Dark skirt, white fleece and flat shoes (although they look more like a flat tennis shoe/walking shoe to me and not dressy flats.)

I checked that out and she listed an instagram account for herself which appears to now have been deleted. I'm worried for this girl.

If you watch at the end of the video she says her Instagram is maddie.a2021 which is still up but is private. The maddie.e2021 in the description must have been a typo.

I am local to the area, and this is really weird. Ephraim is a very small, one-stoplight town 40 minutes from the nearest freeway. There are no Ubers/Lyft type services here. There are no scooter rentals here. There are no bars in Ephraim, either. There is not a lot of crime here, besides normal student vandalism type things. The biggest tragedy this year was a student who died because he and friends were riding in an open car trunk and the student fell out onto the road. From what students are saying on the internal college app message board, she did not have a car. (That's pretty common for students who are from Utah, especially freshman.) It snowed on the night of the 14th, but the 13th was clear. I can provide other town context if people need it.

Is there something other than KSL or Facebook marketplace that people in Ephraim would use to sell items? I don’t think what she’s holding looks like a bag. It looks like something with structure like a wooden stool or something. Like another commenter, I’m curious if she was selling something. That or taking something out to the trash. Do you happen to know if the apartment’s trash dumpsters would be outside the door it shows her exiting?

Here is a picture being circulated of Maddie that was taken Saturday night at a choir concert.
267389531_4819696344757146_6638914629039207273_n.jpg

Snow College Alert: UPDATE on Missing Student
Event:
Snow College Alert: UPDATE on Missing Student

Description:
Snow College officials do not have any updates on Madelyn Allen's whereabouts. Police will continue to follow all leads and investigate the case. Our hope and goal is to have Madelyn safely home soon. At this point, we believe Madelyn's disappearance is an isolated incident and others are not in danger.

Instructions:
Please continue to look out for each other and share any information you have about this situation with Snow College Public Safety.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back