GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much!!!

So many questions!:

1. Why did the mistress need a new identity?
2. Why did she pretend to be married to Macneill in documents? ("Used the date of Michele's funeral as the date of her wedding to Macneill").
3. Why did she wear Michele's sweater to the prelim.
4. She served time for fraud. Is she out now? What is she doing?
5. Where did this woman come from? It appears she plotted with MM to kill his wife. How did he find someone so evil and why is she so evil? What's her background?
6. She apparently lied on the stand about when she met MM. Any talk of trying her for perjury?
7. What happened to the daughter sent back to the Ukraine? What was the pretext for sending her back? How did he justify that to the community?
8. How was he stopped in his plan to give away the other girls to another family?
9. When did their son kill himself and why?

Such an intense and horrible case. Very complex.

Love the questionnaire! hehe

1. To pretend she was his wife, right after Michelle's death.
2.That document was an application for a government ID that would allow her access to places only spouses granted. He used the funeral date because he's evil.
3. I didn't know about the sweater, but I'd say a perverse form of conquest. Power.
4. She's out and has a new job and lover. She kept the BMW hs gave her though. (I bet she kept the diamond ring too)
5. They met online. Likely a dating site. He had other affairs as well.
6. I think it came out in evidence that they met in 2005. Don't know what she said.
7. He said she was going back for the summer to visit family and then left her there. (Probably told people she wanted to stay) Linda, Michelle's sister, brought her back and adopted her.
8. I think it was stated that he offered the girls to a family named the Bledsoes. (I think the girls called their sisters and alerted them, not 100% sure)
9. http://www.olpinmortuary.com/obituaries/254-damian-alexander-macneill
I read that Damian was his father's only supporter and that he was devasted at his mothers death.

Good morning/afternoon/whatever :seeya: :floorlaugh:

No more live trials on HLN or TV!!! :tantrum:
Guess I'll just have WS for trial coverage.

CC ‏@courtchatter 2h
@Tantalizinyou @TrialDivasJ @LadyJustice2188 This is the last trial that HLN will do any live coverage on. No trial will be on tv.

She was there on the other side of MM in fact he smiled and gave her a pat saying thank you.

Really? I'll have to watch it again. I didn't see her. lol

Ahh, just watched it again, I did see her very briefly at the end.

CC @courtchatter
#MartinMacNeill jurors were given media contact info. THEY contact media not the other way around. So we wait for the interviews.

I just can't help but think of Damien. He is sometimes the forgotten victim in this. It seems that mental illness was passed down in this family or created by MM disfunction. Damien, Vanessa and Rachel have all been affected by it. God bless them!!!

What a relief another murderous mind found guilty. One less arrogant smartest man in the room walking the streets.
Moo
Ciao

Ya know, I was just thinking we owe MacNeill a thank you for having that arrogant, smartest man in the room, no one ever questions me mentality. It helped get him convicted imo.

Good morning/afternoon/whatever :seeya: :floorlaugh:

No more live trials on HLN or TV!!! :tantrum:
Guess I'll just have WS for trial coverage.

CC ‏@courtchatter 2h
@Tantalizinyou @TrialDivasJ @LadyJustice2188 This is the last trial that HLN will do any live coverage on. No trial will be on tv.

I did read about the shuffle in line up but that NG and JVM would be staying on...where did you get info no more trials...that seems a bit strange because they admit when there is a "juicy trial" their ratings soar so why would they not have trials? And their evening lineup would be nothing without the re-hash of the trials.

Yes, we will never know and it's not good of me to add questions that will never be answered when people are dead and the verdict is in.

But still, why would the girls go to Damian's friends house for hours? If they were at the mall I would not have raised eyebrows. Something isn't right here. But of course, MM is possibly one of the biggest orchestrators I've ever seen, so I guess he manipulated Damian, too.

Didn't damien pick up the girls after they knew Michelle had died and take them to a friends to play etc. until the rest were home from the hospital etc and Martin was "prepared" to tell them their mother had died. I saw nothing nefarious in this.

I did read about the shuffle in line up but that NG and JVM would be staying on...where did you get info no more trials...that seems a bit strange because they admit when there is a "juicy trial" their ratings soar so why would they not have trials? And their evening lineup would be nothing without the re-hash of the trials.

I don't know where they got the info from :dunno:
Just found the tweet on Court Chatter.
Hope they are wrong. :please:

Thank you. They seemed horrified, not relieved, to me. Strange. I knew his daughters had spoken out/testified against him but when I saw that, it confused me. I thought I saw Michele's sister mouth, "I can't believe it." But none of it seemed like relief to me. Odd. I guess there really is no relief in a case like this when it's your own dad who killed your own mom.
At the moment the verdict was read, everything became real. It was no longer their belief, their speculation, that their father had murdered their mother. The Jury agreed and now their father was a convicted murderer. It is my understanding they also lived in extreme fear of him should he have been acquitted. Thankfully their quest for justice is now over and all that remains is the sentencing.

May God bless them and give them peace of mind now.

:)

Didn't damien pick up the girls after they knew Michelle had died and take them to a friends to play etc. until the rest were home from the hospital etc and Martin was "prepared" to tell them their mother had died. I saw nothing nefarious in this.

Per Giselle, HLN After Dark, quote:

"Well, that day when we got out from school, at 12 o'clock PM all of us got picked up from Damian. And what happened was we went to his friends house and stayed there for 5-6 hours and around 6PM we came to the house.. Damian came picked us up and we came to the house. What happened was I went straight downstairs...."

Martin and Ada arrived at the house 11:46PM. Then MM called 911 twice and the neighbours also arrived. From that time it was just go-go-go. There's no mentioned anywhere in the affidavit about phone calls between Damian and MM around this time to indicate he needed to get the younger girls away for some hours.

I might be mistaken though.

I just can't help but think of Damien. He is sometimes the forgotten victim in this. It seems that mental illness was passed down in this family or created by MM disfunction. Damien, Vanessa and Rachel have all been affected by it. God bless them!!!

Maybe Damian finally realized that his father did murder his mother??
and then killed himself??? :scared:
We'll never know.

I'm reposting this tribute from Damian to his mother (just in case anyone missed it):

http://s47.photobucket.com/user/damianmacneill/media/Movie.flv.html

"PROVO -- A 6-year-old sexual abuse case is finally going to trial.

Martin MacNeill will stand trial on one count of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony, and witness tampering, a third-degree felony, just two weeks after he is scheduled to be tried for the murder of his wife, Michele.

The charges were originally filed in 2007 but dropped just before the case was originally scheduled to go to trial. The case we refiled in 2009 but took a lengthy hiatus after an interlocutory appeal was filed by the defense, saying that be refiling charges the state had violated MacNeill’s rights to a speedy trial and due process. The Utah Court of Appeals recently denied that motion and the case can now move forward. The two-day trial will begin Dec. 3."

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/macneill-s-sex-abuse-trial-scheduled-for-december/article_eb74eb74-eda4-11e2-9c38-0019bb2963f4.html

IIRC the victim in this case is Alexis. Something about that totally freaked me out today when I received my People magazine that had an article on the murder case. On one page they had side-by-side photos of Alexis, Gypsy, and the other mistress (Anna?) - all of them bear a stronger resemblance to each other than to Michele... of course Alexis is by far and away the prettiest.

I would think NG would get one of the first interviews with Alexis as I am sure the family is grateful for NG keeping the story alive throughout these years...it probably really helped moving the case forward. The only thing better than the verdict would have been if someone had gotten to Michelle revived her and the whole thing went down as it did and she could have been in the courtroom to see him go down. I just thought how wonderful that would have been. Given some of the strange verdicts over the last few years I do think the family was prepared for anything. They had a "common sense" jury and I do think Dr. Perper's testimony helped their case. The medical evidence was the weak link and I think he did a good job with the conclusions he presented.

Strange how the last few verdicts have come after the NG show.

Per Giselle, HLN After Dark, quote:

Martin and Ada arrived at the house 11:46PM. Then MM called 911 twice and the neighbours also arrived. From that time it was just go-go-go. There's no mentioned anywhere in the affidavit about phone calls between Damian and MM around this time to indicate he needed to get the younger girls away for some hours.

I might be mistaken though.

Interesting thoughts..wonder where Damian was that he could get the girls that fast and telephone calls...yes there would have to have been some...I would imagine no one ever went down that road since Damian was dead..love to hear more from his girl friend...she spent alot of time at that house and probably has alot to say. Maybe she will talk more with MM in prison? Although she actually aided and abetted a murderer so guess she will go quietly as many others will here.

I'll try it again. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member