UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
hearing this morning to take place in Washington county courthouse - in person, Jodi and Ruby 11am mountain time
Video: Preview of Jodi Hildebrandt and Ruby Franke in person hearings - KSLTV.com
“Ms. Hildebrandt requested a lawyer and did not speak with us,” said the affidavit. “Ms. Hildebrandt informed me that ** and ** (the two children) should never be allowed around any other kids.”
Search warrants: Jodi Hildebrandt allegedly used cayenne pepper, honey to 'dress' wounds

that part there still burns my butt so bad. continuing to abuse and vilify these poor kids even as she was being arrested.
Yes and what really angers me is that those defamatory allegations were allowed to be used to further isolate and abuse those kids. It is horrible that the judge entertained that nonsense.

Definitely not. Like I said she got the vast majority of her followers before she ever showed anything worrying - it really was just like watching a normal family at first. I'm cautious saying this because I don't want to exonerate Ruby in her crimes but the change in behaviour was 100% a result of Jodi's involvement in the family (circa 2020 I want to say). A lot of the worrying clips in the vlogs were post-Jodi (like her eldest son being sent to the Wilderness camp was on Jodi's recommendation for example). By this time majority of the watchers were turned off at this point and some even made a petition to get the family investigated.
But didn’t she post the video refusing to allow her daughter to eat all day because the kid didn’t know how to fend for herself, when the child was 6? She’s 10 now. That was @ four years ago. When did Jodi get involved and how do we know?

When I started reading about this case my heart sank- swap some names and professions out and I've heard this story before from exmo friends and employees. Right down to the sexual abuse happening among the children. I can't help but wonder how many other children are suffering in Utah right now and just don't have the media attention.
I don’t believe for it be moment that the kids abused in this case committed any kind of sexual molestation or assaults on anyone. That’s JH’s crazy obsession mixed with RF passion about “protecting children” from anything risqué.

But didn’t she post the video refusing to allow her daughter to eat all day because the kid didn’t know how to fend for herself, when the child was 6? She’s 10 now. That was @ four years ago. When did Jodi get involved and how do we know?
The oldest sister was on a podcast a few months ago and said it was when she was 15/16 - shes 20 now.

Speaking of Shari, I was glad to hear Judge Bazzelle in the Provo juvenile court offer Shari an opportunity to weigh in on the sealing of future proceedings. While I think sealing the Provo matter involving the minor children is the best possible course, it is my hope that Shari's counsel can file a motion that allows for her continued involvement in that matter. Because of how the household was run when Shari was a teen, she was in many ways a parental figure to the younger siblings and I feel her input is needed in this highly unusual case. She's been in their corner, fighting for them as best she could even as she was being pushed out and estranged by her parents after reaching majority.

Speaking of Shari, I was glad to hear Judge Bazzelle in the Provo juvenile court offer Shari an opportunity to weigh in on the sealing of future proceedings. While I think sealing the Provo matter involving the minor children is the best possible course, it is my hope that Shari's counsel can file a motion that allows for her continued involvement in that matter. Because of how the household was run when Shari was a teen, she was in many ways a parental figure to the younger siblings and I feel her input is needed in this highly unusual case. She's been in their corner, fighting for them as best she could even as she was being pushed out and estranged by her parents after reaching majority.
Yes, and I hope all of that is included in what Shari/her lawyer submit to the court. The only potential glitch would be if Ruby or Kevin object?? I wouldn't put that past them, tbh.

jmo

Yes, and I hope all of that is included in what Shari/her lawyer submit to the court. The only potential glitch would be if Ruby or Kevin object?? I wouldn't put that past them, tbh.

jmo
Kevin would be an idiot if he objected. There is a very real question as to how "fatherly" he is to these kids if he was willing to allow some of Ruby's Moms of Truth BS to be enacted while still in the home and even more damning he moved out and went no contact with his children for a year because Ruby and Jodi told him to.

I think it would be smartest for him to support Shari's continued involvement because her support of him may well be his only way back to his children. He needs Shari's support MOO, especially after ghosting her and her siblings for a year. He needs her to tell people that Jodi and Ruby are the real villains and her daddy was just manipulated by these women. MOO

Please note I am not giving him a pass or saying I believe he isn't culpable. I am simply thinking about how his attorney might try to rehabilitate his reputation as a viable person to be allowed access to his kids at this point.

In my opinion, everything got worse when Jodi got involved with the family, BUT they were always neglected in many ways. The oldest child was clearly the one raising the youngest child. It was on video for everyone to see.

“Ms. Hildebrandt requested a lawyer and did not speak with us,” said the affidavit. “Ms. Hildebrandt informed me that ** and ** (the two children) should never be allowed around any other kids.”
Search warrants: Jodi Hildebrandt allegedly used cayenne pepper, honey to 'dress' wounds

that part there still burns my butt so bad. continuing to abuse and vilify these poor kids even as she was being arrested.
watching the interview with jodi's niece made me realize exactly why jodi said that about these kids (i'd bet everything that she is insisting they are sexual predators). unbelievable. MOO
Husband is saying he didn't know nothing.

liar liar pants on fire MOO

Jodi has been claiming men and boys to be sexual abusers for years. That is her specialty. She calls them abusers, says they are dangerous to be around (even a child!), and isolates them to break them down psychologically. There are other victims that are taking on other forums saying these same things. Grown men who were manipulated out of their family. RUMOR is that 20/20 and Dateline are in Utah filming. I hope so! I hope these things are brought to the light! I’ll be watching and waiting for these shows.

Jodi has been claiming men and boys to be sexual abusers for years. That is her specialty. She calls them abusers, says they are dangerous to be around (even a child!), and isolates them to break them down psychologically. There are other victims that are taking on other forums saying these same things. Grown men who were manipulated out of their family. RUMOR is that 20/20 and Dateline are in Utah filming. I hope so! I hope these things are brought to the light! I’ll be watching and waiting for these shows.
I could bet Netflix is already all over this too.

Pretty sure I saw where Jodi's niece (remarkable woman) was interviewed for 20/20.

Wow. Eldest daughter went into home after arrests to take personal items for kids with DCFS, and Kevin Franks tried to have her arrested!

ETA: full article here:

Last edited:
ETA: full article here:
I get an "internal server error" message with that link. I think this links to the same article posted by CBS 2KUTV Salt Lake City: Kevin Franke wanted to file charges against daughter for burglary, threatened to sue police

Snips from the article.

Police report: The officer said that he explained to Kevin over the phone that due to the circumstances surrounding the incident “we would not be filing charges against Shari and that would be considered a civil issue due to her intent not being to deprive him of the items.”
He [Kevin] advised he was going to sue the police department,” the officer wrote. “Kevin was displeased with this answer and advised that we would be hearing from his attorney.”

Kester
[Kevin Franke's attorney] shared a statement with 2News regarding these reports: "Kevin didn't do either. He and Shari are working together on bygones and resuming a loving and healthy father-daughter relationship. Kevin is still trying to understand and correct the upside-down world that was dealt him. It's a lot to deal with all at once."

MOO: Based on his lawyer's statements (subtext: Kevin is a fabulous human being and an even better Dad!) it seems Kevin is determined to eventually get custody of his minor children. It's becoming apparent that this would probably not be a good thing for the kids.

Side note!
"Kevin is still trying to understand and correct the upside-down world that was dealt him..." triggered a flashback to Phil Hartman's 1990's SNL "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" skits.
Keyrock: "Your world frightens and confuses me...my primitive mind can't grasp these concepts."

I get an "internal server error" message with that link. I think this links to the same article posted by CBS 2KUTV Salt Lake City: Kevin Franke wanted to file charges against daughter for burglary, threatened to sue police

Snips from the article.

Police report: The officer said that he explained to Kevin over the phone that due to the circumstances surrounding the incident “we would not be filing charges against Shari and that would be considered a civil issue due to her intent not being to deprive him of the items.”
He [Kevin] advised he was going to sue the police department,” the officer wrote. “Kevin was displeased with this answer and advised that we would be hearing from his attorney.”

Kester
[Kevin Franke's attorney] shared a statement with 2News regarding these reports: "Kevin didn't do either. He and Shari are working together on bygones and resuming a loving and healthy father-daughter relationship. Kevin is still trying to understand and correct the upside-down world that was dealt him. It's a lot to deal with all at once."

MOO: Based on his lawyer's statements (subtext: Kevin is a fabulous human being and an even better Dad!) it seems Kevin is determined to eventually get custody of his minor children. It's becoming apparent that this would probably not be a good thing for the kids.

Side note!
"Kevin is still trying to understand and correct the upside-down world that was dealt him..." triggered a flashback to Phil Hartman's 1990's SNL "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" skits.
Keyrock: "Your world frightens and confuses me...my primitive mind can't grasp these concepts."

This paragraph is particularly telling....
(bolded by me)
“Kevin stated that Shari is not allowed in the home, and that he believes she entered unlawfully and he wants her charged with burglary,” read an officers statement. “Kevin states that he does not want any of the children mentioned in the home at this time. I again explained that they needed to get essential items of theirs that were in the home, which he did not seem to think was relevant.”

This man is in no way appropriate to take care of his children.
And, regarding the 'upside-down world that was dealt him'...he sounds like he is positioning himself as a 100% victim and takes absolutely no responsibility for what has happened.

This paragraph is particularly telling....
(bolded by me)

This man is in no way appropriate to take care of his children.
And, regarding the 'upside-down world that was dealt him'...he sounds like he is positioning himself as a 100% victim and takes absolutely no responsibility for what has happened.
The silver lining of this incident is that a judge might agree that he is not the appropriate person to care for the children.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member