UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a cursory satellite-view tour on google maps through that huge sprawling neighborhood of big houses on large lots and could find only three homes that had solar panels. And yes, SW Utah is a fantastic location for solar.
Blows my mind. They have very little renewables there in Saint George area, and draw from hydroelectric dams which require water, of which there's less and less in the SW. With all that sunshine, you've got to wonder why? Especially in a wealthy enclave.

Look at the sprawling flat roofs: those are ideal for solar, and you wouldn't even see the panels from the road. Heck, you'd need a drone to see them.

There are millions of folks who don't have that option, or who lose out on water resources because they're going elsewhere.

With all the air conditioning they need in that area, running a swimming pool, multiple fridges, the costs would be far exceeding solar panel outlay in short order. I'm judging from my own experience. In this state (the most overcast in the country), solar pays my entire utility needs, including heat and aircon, everything, even at 20 below. Without solar, I'd be paying more than my mortgage for power.

That's how whacko this looks to me: Jodi has an extremely self-centered, uninformed, and short-sighted universe.

Blows my mind. They have very little renewables there in Saint George area, and draw from hydroelectric dams which require water, of which there's less and less in the SW. With all that sunshine, you've got to wonder why? Especially in a wealthy enclave.

Look at the sprawling flat roofs: those are ideal for solar, and you wouldn't even see the panels from the road. Heck, you'd need a drone to see them.

There are millions of folks who don't have that option, or who lose out on water resources because they're going elsewhere.

With all the air conditioning they need in that area, running a swimming pool, multiple fridges, the costs would be far exceeding solar panel outlay in short order. I'm judging from my own experience. In this state (the most overcast in the country), solar pays my entire utility needs, including heat and aircon, everything, even at 20 below. Without solar, I'd be paying more than my mortgage for power.

That's how whacko this looks to me: Jodi has an extremely self-centered, uninformed, and short-sighted universe.
Not everybody is as responsible as you and maybe wealthy lovers of the apocalypse are happy to let the planet burn asap

Regarding solar...heck my son moved this week to Montreal. He bought a solar powered power bank since the U-Haul wouldn't have charging for his 7 hour drive. He mounted it on the dash in cloudy Canadian December weather. What's with the people in the desert of Utah?

Not everybody is as responsible as you and maybe wealthy lovers of the apocalypse are happy to let the planet burn asap
Well, it's self-serving on my part in the present, climate change notwithstanding. It's about $$$. My solar (in the most overcast state in the US) covers my ENTIRE electric bill (all-electric), including heat, in one of the freezingest states in the US. Others spend thousands for their furnaces. My leftover solar goes to the grid and thereby supports the community.

I don't get the Jodi's of the world and how self-absorbed they are. But this is all chaff in the wind compared with her core drive to destroy the people she knows personally .

Last edited:
Well, it's self-serving on my part in the present, climate change notwithstanding. My solar (in the most overcast state in the US) covers my ENTIRE electric bill (all-electric), including heat, in one of the freezingest states in the US. Others spend thousands for their furnaces. My leftover solar goes to the grid and thereby supports the community.

I don't get the Jodi's of the world and how self-absorbed they are. But this is all chaff in the wind compared with her core drive to destroy the people she knows personally .
You are a better person than I am. Thank you.

ETA: but of course this all pales in light of what Ruby and Jodi did to those children.

You are a better person than I am. Thank you.

ETA: but of course this all pales in light of what Ruby and Jodi did to those children.
Thanks, but in the solar arena, it's totally self-serving: big dollar win for me. In my state, all unused solar goes on the grid, too: no choice in that.

I hate Jodi's house: it's so cold and calculating, not a mote of nurture.

Did she buy, like, 5 copies of the same style bed? That's how you kit out a hotel. There's no personal delight in each room.

I'm still chuckling about the location of the nozzles in her walk-in shower.... To have those for herself, and yet cast personal pleasure for everyone else as something blasphemous, destructive, and despicable is just...... par for the course. I guess not funny at all.

Last edited:
I checked out the home and I personally think it's absolutely stunning. It has a Frank Lloyd Wright vibe to it the way it just seems to push out of the earth making it part of the topography. The environment is breathtakingly beautiful. But FLW created a refuge inside for the residents, many alive with gorgeous stained glass windows that reflected jewel tones inside. All the tiles used are beautiful although I find the overuse of the darker wood in every room a little oppressive. It could be in Architectural Digest except for one thing. There's no evidence that someone actually lived there imbuing with with elements of art or sculpture to breathe life into it. It's as antiseptic as they come. That could be because it had nothing in it and all the furnishings currently there are from a staging company.

As much as I think it's quite beautiful in a stark modern way, I can't help but think just how awful a home it would be for young children. All those pristine pathways up to the doors with pebbles interspersed with turquoise stones that look like they were placed there rather than randomly. I can't imagine young kids joking and pushing each other walking up those paths and ending up in the gravel and what the caregivers would have done to them if that had happened. Woe betide them if they did. Down on their hands and knees replacing them exactly, no doubt.

Another thing I find really disturbing is the vault door leading into a small room that contained a toilet and a murphy bed and fridge. I know some people would consider it a safe room in case of a home invasion but my spidey sense suggests it was used more as a detention centre for some unruly child.

It's hard to believe what those children endured and that almost everyone who had contact with them, or even had been victims themselves, knew it was happening and said nothing until it became public. I don't know what the real crime is here. The apathy and acceptance of the abuse that enabled the abusers to keep those kids helpless and imprisoned for so long.

I checked out the home and I personally think it's absolutely stunning. It has a Frank Lloyd Wright vibe to it the way it just seems to push out of the earth making it part of the topography. The environment is breathtakingly beautiful. But FLW created a refuge inside for the residents, many alive with gorgeous stained glass windows that reflected jewel tones inside. All the tiles used are beautiful although I find the overuse of the darker wood in every room a little oppressive. It could be in Architectural Digest except for one thing. There's no evidence that someone actually lived there imbuing with with elements of art or sculpture to breathe life into it. It's as antiseptic as they come. That could be because it had nothing in it and all the furnishings currently there are from a staging company.

As much as I think it's quite beautiful in a stark modern way, I can't help but think just how awful a home it would be for young children. All those pristine pathways up to the doors with pebbles interspersed with turquoise stones that look like they were placed there rather than randomly. I can't imagine young kids joking and pushing each other walking up those paths and ending up in the gravel and what the caregivers would have done to them if that had happened. Woe betide them if they did. Down on their hands and knees replacing them exactly, no doubt.

Another thing I find really disturbing is the vault door leading into a small room that contained a toilet and a murphy bed and fridge. I know some people would consider it a safe room in case of a home invasion but my spidey sense suggests it was used more as a detention centre for some unruly child.

It's hard to believe what those children endured and that almost everyone who had contact with them, or even had been victims themselves, knew it was happening and said nothing until it became public. I don't know what the real crime is here. The apathy and acceptance of the abuse that enabled the abusers to keep those kids helpless and imprisoned for so long.
We're on it/

The furnishings and fluffy stuff are Jodi's and not stagers', including those HEAVY beds (which were probably too heavy to move out). which fight with the airiness of some rooms. Plus, the weird "stage set" for her videos is all there, including the cheap strips of carpet and the endless couch. IMO Jodi had appalling taste. Her clothes and hairdo speak to that, too, IMO. There are many rooms that are dark, and evidently windowless.

I agree with your take on the lack of personal stamp on the place. To me, this is spooky: it's flagrantly empty.

I find the home extremely conventional, and without personality, except maybe the setting of the swimming pool. Although the surroundings are stunning, I find the subdivision, with expensive homes, very intrusive in a wild landscape. I'm disappointed that the wealthy get to sprawl over wild spaces that aren't available to the less fortunate. And then the absence of solar avoids the setting entirely.
MOO

It's identified as a dog washing station but I can't imagine that women having a pet unless she used it as an example to the kids. My thoughts are she used it to 'cleanse' her children from the filth of the 'sins' they committed using very cold water and a very rough brush.
There is just no way she would let a pet take advantage of her.

The furnishings and fluffy stuff are Jodi's and not stagers', including those HEAVY beds (which were probably too heavy to move out). which fight with the airiness of some rooms. Plus, the weird "stage set" for her videos is all there, including the cheap strips of carpet and the endless couch. IMO Jodi had appalling taste. Her clothes and hairdo speak to that, too, IMO. There are many rooms that are dark, and evidently windowless.

I agree with your take on the lack of personal stamp on the place. To me, this is spooky: it's flagrantly empty.

I find the home extremely conventional, and without personality, except maybe the setting of the swimming pool. Although the surroundings are stunning, I find the subdivision, with expensive homes, very intrusive in a wild landscape. I'm disappointed that the wealthy get to sprawl over wild spaces that aren't available to the less fortunate. And then the absence of solar avoids the setting entirely.
MOO
I also tought the beds didn't match the look of the house at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11