UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing JH's niece on "Mormon Stories" I looked up Adam Steed who was mentioned.
MS's interview with him was hit with a temp court order to remove the video, which they did.
I found it on Youtube and played it yesterday in the background.
I now have somewhat of an understanding how these men who went to the LDS recommended JH for marriage counseling became whipped by JH and their wives.
AS's story runs parallel with KF's story but AS describes the Mormon teen/man's experience of having to call your bishop and confess whenever you lust, look at a female /image and pleasure yourself etc.
The guilt and fear is embedded in these guys from the get-go because erotic or blatant images is a sin to LDS up there with murder.
Fast forward and both guys were labeled as having the addiction and that was the foundation that JH and then their wives based everything on, first the guys were shunned in their own homes and the idiots even had to ask permission to talk to wives/Jodi, who moved in with AS's family.
Eventually the guys were kicked out of their homes.
I'm not giving AS's story justice, he explains Jodi and their relationship with her in detail beginning from their first therapy session which was with 4-5 other couples for like 500.00 a week.
I don't know anything about AS so I don't know where he stands with all of you who have followed RF &JH from the beginning.

This is the AS interview from Mormon Stories that MS had to take down from their site.
The first interview is mostly the LDS/Boy Scout sex abuse by counselor(s) where AS was the whistleblower.
Where it's time marked is AS's second interview and how AS and first wife went to JH for marriage counseling, recommended by the LDS.
AS had just settled with the Boy Scout lawsuit so the church knew he had $$.
I find it all dangerously insane how people can turn their children/their lives/their souls over to anyone.
Is R & J's LDS church getting sued?
There's a few lawsuits ongoing against JH.

IMO: The video is good because AS describes in damn good detail how JH sucks people in and slowly destroys their lives/marriages, something I had not heard before.
I didn't listen to the complete video

Yes, excellent interview. It's still available a few places. I often listen to that Podcast so I had caught it. It's really insidious. Total set up for abuse & manipulation from the day you're born. Once you believe God is sending you instructions you can basically be led anywhere.

After hearing JH's niece on "Mormon Stories" I looked up Adam Steed who was mentioned.
MS's interview with him was hit with a temp court order to remove the video, which they did.
I found it on Youtube and played it yesterday in the background.
I now have somewhat of an understanding how these men who went to the LDS recommended JH for marriage counseling became whipped by JH and their wives.
AS's story runs parallel with KF's story but AS describes the Mormon teen/man's experience of having to call your bishop and confess whenever you lust, look at a female /image and pleasure yourself etc.
The guilt and fear is embedded in these guys from the get-go because erotic or blatant images is a sin to LDS up there with murder.
Fast forward and both guys were labeled as having the addiction and that was the foundation that JH and then their wives based everything on, first the guys were shunned in their own homes and the idiots even had to ask permission to talk to wives/Jodi, who moved in with AS's family.
Eventually the guys were kicked out of their homes.
I'm not giving AS's story justice, he explains Jodi and their relationship with her in detail beginning from their first therapy session which was with 4-5 other couples for like 500.00 a week.
I don't know anything about AS so I don't know where he stands with all of you who have followed RF &JH from the beginning.

This is the AS interview from Mormon Stories that MS had to take down from their site.
The first interview is mostly the LDS/Boy Scout sex abuse by counselor(s) where AS was the whistleblower.
Where it's time marked is AS's second interview and how AS and first wife went to JH for marriage counseling, recommended by the LDS.
AS had just settled with the Boy Scout lawsuit so the church knew he had $$.
I find it all dangerously insane how people can turn their children/their lives/their souls over to anyone.
Is R & J's LDS church getting sued?
There's a few lawsuits ongoing against JH.

IMO: The video is good because AS describes in damn good detail how JH sucks people in and slowly destroys their lives/marriages, something I had not heard before.
I didn't listen to the complete video

Yes, if a man EVER looked at p*rn, even ONCE, he was labelled a deviant, sex addict, whatever, that needed to be removed from women & children.

They were PAYING this woman to destroy their families. Chad was paying $900.00 month TO JODI to be abused. The abject insanity...

Good point, I agree it seems unusual that the LDS structure supported her even though she was a divorced, unmarried woman.

Sort of the Margaret Thatcher phenomenon, IMO. She seems similarly very strong-willed and opinionated, a force to be reckoned with.

It seems she was very willing to bend all the ethics/ principles of psychotherapy so as to conform to LDS preoccupations around sexual purity, and IMO that made her valuable.

If she'd been a strong woman who stuck, with a similar level of determination, to the ethics and first principles of psychotherapy, IMO she wouldn't have received that support.

JMO
IMO, she was a "tool" to exert control. The "sexual sin" is a powerful LDS tool for interrogations that start when you're young. Now you bring in a "helper" counselor who is dedicated to your family. The level of gullibility in these people seem extraordinary to me, a hapless, Godless, New Englander.

But LDS, their whole life is about eternity and spirit babies and garments and temple secret handshakes. Of course the crazy festers!

IMO, she was a "tool" to exert control. The "sexual sin" is a powerful LDS tool for interrogations that start when you're young. Now you bring in a "helper" counselor who is dedicated to your family. The level of gullibility in these people seem extraordinary to me, a hapless, Godless, New Englander.

But LDS, their whole life is about eternity and spirit babies and garments and temple secret handshakes. Of course the crazy festers!
I didn't intend my post to be anti-Mormon. I respect other people's religious beliefs. I also would note that these cases - JH, Daybell, involve a very small handful of people who come under the influence of these leaders, it's definately not every Mormon, who are as appalled by the cases as anyone else.

JMO

Yes, if a man EVER looked at p*rn, even ONCE, he was labelled a deviant, sex addict, whatever, that needed to be removed from women & children.

They were PAYING this woman to destroy their families. Chad was paying $900.00 month TO JODI to be abused. The abject insanity...
Throw in the thousands R&K paid to send Chad to the Anasazi Wilderness Camp.

Throw in the thousands R&K paid to send Chad to the Anasazi Wilderness Camp.
That part of the story, the rise and fall of 8passengers, is very interesting to me in terms of what came later.

I just wonder what effect the collapse of the channel - because of criticism of their parenting - would have on someone.

RF published 5 days per week for years, had millions of adoring followers, she must have lived and breathed that channel, it must have created such a grandiose sense of her own cosmic-level approval rating, and then for it all to collapse because people started siding with her 'disobedient' children, rather than with her: her! the perfect Mom who always does everything right.

Again, rather than personalizing this, not saying it's all about LDS, it's not all about RF and her unique level of darkness rating, but rather, anyone who went through that, could probably be susceptible to certain things: probably, in particular, messages about being very special anyway, what do the ignorant public know, and even, perhaps, that her own children let her down, made her look a fool, defied her, etc.

I hope someone puts these pieces together in a book someday, though who knows whether they could penetrate the barriers of privacy.

JMO

YES!
Glad I'm not alone..lol
I asked the question right after their sentencing and iirc: no one here ran with it.

It was reported that her husband was in the courtroom crying as she was speaking and began crying when talking about him.
When she spoke about him it was obvious that she figured he's stupid enough to be her buddy while she sits in prison.
So ole' Mama Ruby had her "come to Jesus" thingy when she was handcuffed and thanked the officer who cuffed her.(facepalm)

RF and her spew are reprehensible.

Did RF & JH have an intimate relationship?
I missed your earlier post about it. But when I first saw photos of them together, I thought it was a possibility. Just the body language and expressions. I don’t know. They suggest a level of comfort with one another that may speak to a certain type of intimacy, IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_7628.jpeg
    IMG_7628.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7630.jpeg
    IMG_7630.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7629.jpeg
    IMG_7629.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 31
LE didn’t have a warrant at that point: they were operating on “exigent circumstances”, but I agree they shoulda forced her to sit down and confiscated her phone.
It doesn’t matter if they had a warrant. She refused to come out of the house and had to be dragged out. Then she refused to sit down as instructed. For officer safety reasons, she could have and should have been cuffed.

YES!
Glad I'm not alone..lol
I asked the question right after their sentencing and iirc: no one here ran with it.

It was reported that her husband was in the courtroom crying as she was speaking and began crying when talking about him.
When she spoke about him it was obvious that she figured he's stupid enough to be her buddy while she sits in prison.
So ole' Mama Ruby had her "come to Jesus" thingy when she was handcuffed and thanked the officer who cuffed her.(facepalm)

RF and her spew are reprehensible.

Did RF & JH have an intimate relationship?

Well, to each his (or her) own ... but in this case doesn't their church have rules against such relationships -- if there was one ?
Also , I feel Ruby and Jodi 'fed' off each other's twisted ideas and cruelties !
'Egged' each other on.
Seeing who could inflict the most punishment.
Sadistic.
Omo.

I didn't intend my post to be anti-Mormon. I respect other people's religious beliefs. I also would note that these cases - JH, Daybell, involve a very small handful of people who come under the influence of these leaders, it's definately not every Mormon, who are as appalled by the cases as anyone else.

JMO
I agree. Many Mormons are undoubtedly wonderful people.
One problem though, is that some will follow 'scripture' whereever it takes them. And they will use this 'scripture' to justify their actions.
People who blindly believe in stuff, with no true proof, can be led astray. And that is why most religions are referred to as having 'faith'. Faith means believing in things without specific evidence.

JMO

One thing about many religions, is that people who have faith in what their leaders say, they are more likely to block out anything that creates "cognitive dissonance", things that they don't want to acknowledge are wrong.

An example of this, is the denial of the Duggars, that their son Josh was molesting his sisters. They didn't want to see it, or acknowledge it, so, therefore, it didn't exist. It is a complicated concept to understand.

I see the same thing happened here, the mother was so enamored with Jodi Hildebrand, that she did everything she was told, blocking out the fact that she was perpetratoring abuse on her own children.

I saw this happen, and it is crazy. A child was being beaten, by the "Priesthood Holder", the women in the house ignored it, like they were robotic "Stepford Wives". And the abusive activity was so normalized in this house, that they were not even hiding it from me. It was absolutely horrifying to see and hear it. And even scarier, to wrap my head around the fact that these "normal' people

It typically takes a lot for me to dunk on someone's looks but Jodi truly looks like an ogre without makeup. Her proportions don't help her either (see the picture on the bottom in Gitana's post).

From the DM link above—substitute Ruby Franke and Jodi Hildebrandt for Sherri Papini and yep, that’s exactly who they are:

The filing demanding repayment and penned by lawyers acting for Keith [Papini] adds: . . . This is who Sherri Papini is – Sherri comes first, consideration of others second, if at all, and truth, integrity, and morality [are] of no consequence.

italic and bold by me

Evil is all that resides in them, there is no truth, integrity, or morality within.

I’m loving the clash of Jodi’s multiple shower heads directed at strategic body locations (i.e. for jollies) and her all-out offense against sex.

Makes me think her choice of child victims was to stall puberty by starving them.

And then there’s Kevin’s point that Jodi never showered and stank all the time (his second LE conversation), which also seems weird to me, ‘cos isn’t “cleanliness next to godliness”? And isn’t it the devil who stinks? I get all confused when scriptures trip off folks’ tongues, but they pick and choose what they apply to any given moment.

It typically takes a lot for me to dunk on someone's looks but Jodi truly looks like an ogre without makeup. Her proportions don't help her either (see the picture on the bottom in Gitana's post).
Kevin speaks to her lack of showering and stinkiness in his second interview with LE.

I’m thinking *advertiser censored* wasn’t the extent of it, but also included even a hint of “self-pleasuring”. And, then, for some inexplicable reason (to me), in her universe, women don’t self-pleasure or watch “naughty” films. Sexism has some very strange bedfellows ;) in some circles.

Well, to each his (or her) own ... but in this case doesn't their church have rules against such relationships -- if there was one ?
I recall that in Jessi Hilderant's first interview, where they detailed Jodi H's abuse, Jessi mentions a comment Jodi H made, something along the lines of...having a same sex relationship just for sex was incredibly terrible, sinful, so very very wrong, BUT if it's a soul-mate type of same-sex relationship then all good.

I recall that in Jessi Hilderant's first interview, where they detailed Jodi H's abuse, Jessi mentions a comment Jodi H made, something along the lines of...having a same sex relationship just for sex was incredibly terrible, sinful, so very very wrong, BUT if it's a soul-mate type of same-sex relationship then all good.
As a queer person Born In Church who left when I came of age... I can say with certainty that this is not the official LDS position on same sex relationships. Expressing that kind of opinion, let alone acting on it, can get you pulled up in front of a Court of Love pretty sharpish.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member