UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby Franke Prosecutor Tells All: ‘Horrific Abuse’
Law & Crime video interview with the prosecuter, Eric Clarke.

He just seems a little bit thrilled with Ruby's so-called apology and applauding of his office, unfortunately. (And also a bit thrilled that there was so much media attention on his case.)

I am thankful that they did such a good job collecting evidence and I think LE, paramedics, etc., were very professional.

ETA: the prosecutor clearly thinks Ruby's apology was heartfelt. I do not.

Unfortunately, the culture in Southern Utah, is that people are friendly, but everyone minds their own business. I have seen how people just avert their eyes from unpleasant things, and ignore them.

I believe that Utah has one of the highest percentage for child abuse. Of course, this is also due to more children, and larger families.

Wh
Unfortunately, the culture in Southern Utah, is that people are friendly, but everyone minds their own business. I have seen how people just avert their eyes from unpleasant things, and ignore them.

I believe that Utah has one of the highest percentage for child abuse. Of course, this is also due to more children, and larger families.

Why is this scenario so common in Utah? LDS mind controlled (extreme practices), 6-8 kids, large house and large SM following (especially on Instagram).

IMO, she was a "tool" to exert control. The "sexual sin" is a powerful LDS tool for interrogations that start when you're young. Now you bring in a "helper" counselor who is dedicated to your family. The level of gullibility in these people seem extraordinary to me, a hapless, Godless, New Englander.

But LDS, their whole life is about eternity and spirit babies and garments and temple secret handshakes. Of course the crazy festers!
"The level of gullibility in these people seem extraordinary to me, a hapless, Godless, New Englander."

I'm still laughing, I love it.
BTW: I'm a New England transplant.

Why is this scenario so common in Utah? LDS mind controlled (extreme practices), 6-8 kids, large house and large SM following (especially on Instagram).

I don't know. The culture is pretty strict on behavior. Not unlike many people who are also in religious cultures. But, people who are not religious abuse kids...

Is the prison run by LDS members? Gosh they are so invasive it makes me think they are controlling everyone.
On Utah polygamy documentaries LE and local govt officials are said to be a huge problem for not enforcing laws against predators, child brides, sex abuse/physical abuse etc.
I definitely have concerns too about the parole board because JH was endorsed by her local LDS church big boys.

I'm getting confused about the "board members" who vote.
This is their website but I don't understand how 5 people can handle all the parole hearings in Utah?
On the other link,Q & A I posted it said 3 yes votes are needed to parole an inmate, so here's the 5 members.
I'll see what if anything is available online about them.

I'm still confused about the role of a Bishop. Are Bishops obligated to report any instance of abuse or child sexual abuses, or are they exempt from reporting under some kind of pastor-congregant confidentiality? Also, is LDS policy about this contrary to Utah state law?

Last edited:
You mean like the Duggars (Arkansas/Baptist), Machelle Hobson (Arizona/non-religious), the Turpins (California/Christian), the Harts (Washington/no religion)...?

Is the prison run by LDS members? Gosh they are so invasive it makes me think they are controlling everyone.
This is the chairman Scott Stephenson who was appointed last Oct. By Gov.Cox.
It was quite a pleasant surprise.
I checked and double checked and besides info available the photos are of him, same nice looking bald guy.

link:
THE STEPHENSON FAMILY — Lift and Love

I'm still confused about the role of a Bishop. Are Bishops obligated to report any instance of abuse or child sexual abuses, or are they exempt from reporting under some kind of pastor-congregant confidentiality? Also, is LDS policy about this contrary to Utah state law?
Utah law requires clergy and all other adults to report child abuse and neglect to child welfare services or police. But similar to clergy-penitent laws in most U.S. states, Utah's law also exempts clergy from reporting information about abuse obtained through private confessions.Feb 9, 2024

Committee unanimously passes Utah bill to let clergy report ...

Deseret News
https://www.deseret.com › utah-house-judiciary-commit...

https://fastdemocracy.com/bill-search/ut/2024/bills/UTB00012121/?report-bill-view=1

You mean like the Duggars (Arkansas/Baptist), Machelle Hobson (Arizona/non-religious), the Turpins (California/Christian), the Harts (Washington/no religion)...?

No, I mean like the ‘LDS ones’ who live in Utah specifically. Abuse isn’t location or religion specific but the ones in Utah seem to fit a pattern of the same pieces. I’m not talking about abusers per say but the LDS Church and communities are prevalent in Utah. Is it because of the founders of the church are there?

I don’t see the others you mentioned on Instagram. They could be but I haven’t seen any.
The Harts were on Facebook.

Clergy in Utah are currently not mandatory reporters. They can voluntarily report abuse but they're not required to. States vary on this. Other states have prosecuted clergy for not reporting. In Utah, there are a couple of bills proposed that would protect clergy from civil and criminal penalties for reporting.

"My impression at that time was this is absolute craziness," Kevin recalled of the business in his interview with authorities, "this is a bunch of man-hating women that are just looking for excuses to tear down their husbands."
*Warning. Child abuse content*
You can click and view without downloading:

Oh a can of worms here!
Keeping it in-house is highly important
The bishops have a Mormon law firm to receive all calls regarding abuse

I found this part of the Board Chairman's bio interesting:

Stephenson is studying to become a clinical mental health therapist and anticipates graduating with a Master of Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree form Liberty University in 2024.

I wonder what he will think of Jodi. :rolleyes:

“I’m a smart guy. I’m an engineer — designed and helped build some really big stuff. I’m a college professor. I can’t explain some of the stuff that happened while we were there,” he continued.

“Like crashes in the basement while we were talking upstairs and plates in the kitchen just flying off by themselves — full speed — smashing on the wall and falling to the floor by themselves,” Kevin added. “I can’t explain it, but I saw it with my own eyes.”

In a bid to help Hildebrandt, 54, the couple called a bishop who would later spend almost every night for months attempting to “cast the demons out” of the home.

But in August 2021, the Bishop lost all hope and suggested Hildebrandt move in with the Franke family instead.

Cant make this up.

Again I say keep kevin away from the children.

Jmo

This is very interesting data... including the LOW percentage of child abuse by NEGLECT..

"Numbers show Utah is eighth highest among all states in child abuse. The state had 6,900 cases in 2014. Of those, 27 percent were sex abuse, the highest rate of any state. Only 13 percent of the cases were neglect, one of the lowest rates among all states."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500