Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

Comments to posts on his find page are extremely concerning. I'm heartsick for his family. Everything I've seen posted about him is that he's a really good, sweet guy. Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to end well, but I'm hoping I'm wrong!

Can you please post the link to the page? TIA!

<modsnip>

I think this, alongside the "backpack full of paraphernalia" discussed in the news segment, make me the most nervous. There's what I'm assuming is evidence of drug use, a missing mentally unstable man, and a ton of people looking to no avail. Forecast is grim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this, alongside the "backpack full of paraphernalia" discussed in the news segment, make me the most nervous. There's what I'm assuming is evidence of drug use, a missing mentally unstable man, and a ton of people looking to no avail. Forecast is grim.

bbm Do you have a link for this please? I did not see this piece of info in the article.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45197180&n...-vehicle-found-under-suspicious-circumstances

bbm Do you have a link for this please? I did not see this piece of info in the article.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45197180&n...-vehicle-found-under-suspicious-circumstances

It's actually in the video on the page you linked to. About 1:30.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox13now...oin-search-for-missing-american-fork-man/amp/

Here at 1 minute mark, friend says that it was alcohol alongside clothing. A bit of conjecture-- I've never heard someone use "paraphernalia" to refer to anything other than drugs.

"Random people's clothing, some material in there" I didn't hear paraphernalia, but I could be mistaken.

Paraphenelia is mentioned in KSL video. Clothing/alcohol on FOX 13 video.

My husband if from Salt Lake area, Provo to be exact. The drug problem out there is SO SO BAD. Not saying that's what has happened here, but the backpack stuff sounds suspicious...and just because someone says that they're "going to an appointment" obviously may not mean that they're going to somewhere legit, or somewhere at all. I hope this isn't the case but ugh I have a bad feeling :(

My husband if from Salt Lake area, Provo to be exact. The drug problem out there is SO SO BAD. Not saying that's what has happened here, but the backpack stuff sounds suspicious...and just because someone says that they're "going to an appointment" obviously may not mean that they're going to somewhere legit, or somewhere at all. I hope this isn't the case but ugh I have a bad feeling :(

TBH I have lived in the valley since I moved here for college... and I've never noticed much of a drug issue--definitely comes down to who's around you... and Paul's friends and family seem very supportive and straight-laced. The main drug issue the Salt Lake valley (which actually doesn't include Provo) is famous for is antidepressants.

TBH I have lived in the valley since I moved here for college... and I've never noticed much of a drug issue--definitely comes down to who's around you... and Paul's friends and family seem very supportive and straight-laced. The main drug issue the Salt Lake valley (which actually doesn't include Provo) is famous for is antidepressants.

Perspective is everything isn't it? I'm shocked you haven't noticed, in fact Utah ranks 4th in the nation for overdose deaths. http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-utah-state-news-/utah-ranks-4th-in-overdose-deaths/204308647

My husband lived there until about 10 years ago, and works in treatment/addiction. I can't tell you how many friends he has lost (and he was raised LDS as were the majority of his friends) - so it's great you haven't noticed it, but trust me when I tell you it's insanely prevalent. I have a ton of friends who are friends with Paul, by all accounts he is a good guy. I'm not saying that's what happened. But I also know the realities of what's been going on there and all over the nation.

Is there an auto parts store in that area? An O'Reilly's?

I just wanted to answer this question as I live in this area. There is an O'Reillys in that area. It is on the east side of 900 east.

I just wanted to answer this question as I live in this area. There is an O'Reillys in that area. It is on the east side of 900 east.

Thanks!

What medical condition was he suffering from? It might be helpful to know imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What medical condition was he suffering from? It might be helpful to know imo.

Again: conjecture from unofficial sources, he's been acting "off" recently. It was mentioned by friends and reiterated in the newest article--

Chambers added that while "the word around here is that he's been kind of off the past few weeks," she said behavior like this is "very out of character" for Swenson.

From: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865685747/Search-continues-for-missing-American-Fork-man.html

This is such an odd case. I hope LE has more information regarding Paul's medical condition, appointment and the clothing/items that do not belong to him.

The SM missing page has a lot of action, I'm glad it's getting so much attention - hopefully some of the leads pan out!

They've said he wasn't acting like himself. The implication is that he's had some type of mental breakdown. I think he either left voluntarily or he is deceased.
I agree. He could of harmed himself jmo. Im curious if there are bridges near by.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back