Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

Mod Note

You may discuss the video that the family made that was published in MSM, but anything else found on any family members' SM accounts (including blogs), are off limits.

:tyou:

The story has made it to NBC: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...wing-missing-utah-father-paul-swenson-n788196

They set up a text line. This whole thing is so... bizarre. I've never seen such usage of social media and technology in a missing person's case. It feels like something out of a movie but I suppose I'm seeing social media literacy and influence meet crisis for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oops :blushing: wrong thread....

eye yey yey.

So many missing people.

FAR too many.

I may have missed it- does he have a iphone or an android? Also,Google chrome links all your devices if you allow it. All going to depend if the location feature is/was on

I may have missed it- does he have a iphone or an android? Also,Google chrome links all your devices if you allow it. All going to depend if the location feature is/was on

In the photos, it looks like he's wearing an Apple Watch. Afaik, Apple Watch cannot be paired w/ android.

The story has made it to NBC: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...wing-missing-utah-father-paul-swenson-n788196

They set up a text line. This whole thing is so... bizarre. I've never seen such usage of social media and technology in a missing person's case. It feels like something out of a movie but I suppose I'm seeing social media literacy and influence meet crisis for the first time.

From the link:

Police said the vehicle was found “under suspicious circumstances,” because some of the items found inside do not belong to Paul, including several strange articles of clothing, two backpacks and a bottle of alcohol.

“There were items in the car that were not his, or my daughter’s,” John Martindale, Paul’s father-in-law, told KSL. “It didn’t seem that Paul left the car there. It seemed like somebody else did.”

Various tips and reported sightings were phoned in over the weekend, but officials have not been able to confirmed if any were credible. Authorities have not said if they believe foul play is involved, but do note that the situation is troubling.

“There is no smoking gun, if you will, about where he is,” Sgt. Christensen told Dateline. “Every hour, we have multiple tips called in. And some are not him. But others note behavior consistent with what his wife told us, so some may well have been Paul. We’re continuing to follow up on them all.”

Two backpacks.....

Hiking is a really common pastime here. Could one be a hiking backpack? I have 2 backpacks in my car--one w outdoorsy equipment and one with my personal possessions.

But actually... police aren't dumb. They would have disclosed that or figured it out.

Hiking is a really common pastime here. Could one be a hiking backpack? I have 2 backpacks in my car--one w outdoorsy equipment and one with my personal possessions.

But actually... police aren't dumb. They would have disclosed that or figured it out.

Maybe. But they seemed to indicate the items listed didn't belong to him.

Strange. If someone else left the car there, why would they leave their backpacks and clothing behind?

In the photos, it looks like he's wearing an Apple Watch. Afaik, Apple Watch cannot be paired w/ android.

Thank you- google chrome can be accessed from any smart device. all a matter of if that browser was used. My son accesses my google chrome acct with his iphone. His location when he does shows up.

Edited to add; this is old, but I think explains it pretty well. https://buddypunch.freshdesk.com/su...tion-services-on-my-mobile-device-or-browser-

My son's frat brother works for google. I asked him

Strange. If someone else left the car there, why would they leave their backpacks and clothing behind?
He could have been with someone who didn't know his situation and they left the car for a while and then couldn't return to it cause the police located it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Exactly. The police are letting out this evidence and pursuing this case BECAUSE they don't believe PS left his vehicle on his own accord or if he did, they believe he is in danger. For the most part, of a 30 year old man goes missing, LE isn't going to care (even if by some perceptions the people involved in the case are good looking) because that's more work and resources than they can put into someone who likely chose to disappear. Whatever they found in his car alarmed them enough to investigate this.

Just speculation here: Maybe the backpacks were stolen and then the thief stole Paul's car to get away? Maybe the thief only took out what he wanted and left the rest with the car. Here's a case of a transient man arrested in Provo for hitting someone over the head and stealing their backpack in order to take his weed: http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...cle_832b4ca7-7e86-532f-9bef-7277ca8948b4.html
Unfortunately this theory would be bad news for Paul :(

MOO and can I say this? I'm concerned that PS deleted all of his social media, however that could mean nothing. My partner did the same long ago just because it was too much to keep up with.

But I wonder too, after seeing the video put out by the family- if PS is voluntarily missing, could all of this attention make it harder for him to feel comfortable returning home?

MOO and can I say this? I'm concerned that PS deleted all of his social media, however that could mean nothing. My partner did the same long ago just because it was too much to keep up with.

But I wonder too, after seeing the video put out by the family- if PS is voluntarily missing, could all of this attention make it harder for him to feel comfortable returning home?

I don't know...difficult for me to believe that a grown man dissappears because his wife is on social media. IMO, he has either met with a bad situation or he left for more selfish reasons. Time will tell...

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I believe we can talk about his sm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member