Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

"Hundreds of volunteers have helped search for a Utah man after family and friends said he disappeared under strange circumstances.

Paul Swenson's wife said the 30-year-old was acting strangely when he went to an appointment in Salt Lake City on Thursday and never returned to their home in American Forks, FOX reported.

When his car was recovered, a container of alcohol was found - which Swenson's best friend Cody Wilding said didn't belong to him. There were also other people's clothing inside, he added.

He is described as 6 feet, 190 pounds, with red hair and a tattoo on his right arm
Anyone with information should call the American Forks police at 801 763 3020

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-search-missing-Utah-man.html#ixzz4oQ81dznm

IMG_0103.jpg

"Hundreds of volunteers have helped search for a Utah man after family and friends said he disappeared under strange circumstances.

Paul Swenson's wife said the 30-year-old was acting strangely when he went to an appointment in Salt Lake City on Thursday and never returned to their home in American Forks, FOX reported.

When his car was recovered, a container of alcohol was found - which Swenson's best friend Cody Wilding said didn't belong to him. There were also other people's clothing inside, he added.

He is described as 6 feet, 190 pounds, with red hair and a tattoo on his right arm

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-search-missing-Utah-man.html#ixzz4oQ81dznm

View attachment 120967
How do they know the alcohol didn't belong to him?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jenjen37 I assumed the family is saying the alcohol does not belong to him because he is LDS (isn't he?). That doesn't mean it actually doesn't belong to him, IMO, but that if it did he was drinking & hiding it.

Jenjen37 I assumed the family is saying the alcohol does not belong to him because he is LDS (isn't he?). That doesn't mean it actually doesn't belong to him, IMO, but that if it did he was drinking & hiding it.
They are mormon.

They are mormon.

Right. So his family would assume the alcohol isn't his, since devout mormons (LDS) are not supposed to drink alcohol. Obviously, that doesn't actually mean it's impossible for the bottle to be his.

I feel so bad for his baby daughter. <modsnip> I hope he didn't harm himself.

Such a handsome guy...sigh. Where are you Paul?

View attachment 120967

bbm I wonder what kind of clothing it was, and how much.

Friendly reminder from The Rules - Social Media:

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”

***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

:tyou:

:tyou: GT

:sorry:

:blushing:

Where are you Paul???

:candle:

Please call your wife!

:please:

Right. So his family would assume the alcohol isn't his, since devout mormons (LDS) are not supposed to drink alcohol. Obviously, that doesn't actually mean it's impossible for the bottle to be his.

I feel so bad for his baby daughter. I hope he didn't harm himself.

Devout mormons also don't get tattoos--very frowned on.

Edit: also, honestly I think the reason this story has picked up so much traction locally is because of how good looking Paul and his wife/other major players are. It's a bizarre thing to witness firsthand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@CD45 I agree. That's why I wanted to confirm whether they actually were active mormons. The tattoos; and his wife dresses absolutely beautifully but not always quite as conservative as many mormons are led to dress. Obviously there's no judgement from a heathen like me : P.

So all this to say, I have a lot of doubts about whether the claim that the alcohol couldn't be his is reliable.

I wonder if the clothing was women's clothing?

Mormons definitely don't wear spaghetti strap dresses :) I don't think anyone can truly be 100% sure that someone they know doesn't drink, with or without religion.

It's been in the high 90s since Paul disappeared. I hope he has adequate water. Surely they would have mentioned activity on his cards or if he had withdrawn cash prior to disappearing?

To clarify: also no judgment from me. I definitely have tattoos/drink occasionally/bare my sinful shoulders :)

I know it's possible that PS' disappearance could be anything mentioned here but it's also possible that the concern for what was found that doesn't seem to belong to him belongs to people who may have taken advantage of him. Was he the kind of guy to pick a person up? A person he planned on picking up that he didn't tell anyone about, perhaps this was his appointment?

Did he pickup a hitchhiker? Are there even hitchhikers in this area? MOO

This whole thing seems kind of weird. <modsnip>

I feel like he either left on his own accord and does not want to be found whether that means he's left to start a new life somewhere or was depressed and chose to end his life. Did he put those things in his vehicle to try and make it look like there was Foul Play involved? Or another possibility is that he's involved in drugs and something went awry with and interaction he had with a not so nice person or people.
Of course this is all just speculation.

Just an observation but there are an awful lot of pictures (professional) of this family and the video is very well edited. Obviously not taken by the wife. Could it be that Paul felt this was invasive and he just had enough?

I thought this quote was weird:

"I want him to know that wherever he is, that whatever happened, like, we are here and we have so much love and support," Aslee Swenson said in the video.

From KUTV article here: http://kutv.com/news/local/family-friends-continue-search-for-missing-american-fork-man

Article also comments on social media released video by family and friends of PS. Ashlee's career is social media based. It makes sense that she would try to reach him that way.

I'm starting to believe PS is either deceased or (hopefully hopefully hopefully) hiding out somewhere. I don't think he could have gone this long in this heat during this search effort without being noticed.

Edit-- @Force Ten: there was a mention of him deleting all of his social media accounts on MSM when he first went missing. That aligns with your theory.

Was that his MIL in the video wth his wife? I have seen a lot about MIL/FIL but haven't seen much about his own parents (may have missed it).

Was that his MIL in the video wth his wife? I have seen a lot about MIL/FIL but haven't seen much about his own parents (may have missed it).

Yes. Paul's parents are quite a bit older than MIL/FIL. His parents have been at the search rallies, though. Good observation.

I thought this quote was weird:

"I want him to know that wherever he is, that whatever happened, like, we are here and we have so much love and support," Aslee Swenson said in the video.

From KUTV article here: http://kutv.com/news/local/family-friends-continue-search-for-missing-american-fork-man

Article also comments on social media released video by family and friends of PS. Ashlee's career is social media based. It makes sense that she would try to reach him that way.

I'm starting to believe PS is either deceased or (hopefully hopefully hopefully) hiding out somewhere. I don't think he could have gone this long in this heat during this search effort without being noticed.

Edit-- @Force Ten: there was a mention of him deleting all of his social media accounts on MSM when he first went missing. That aligns with your theory.

I think that the deleting of social media accounts would heavily point towards him making a decision to disappear or (hopefully not) kill himself...the foul play stuff seems less and less likely. I wonder how they know for sure the clothing in the car isn't his. It sounds like there was infidelity, drug use, SOMETHING going on from the blog posts, and perhaps he was keeping some secrets (including clothing in the car). I also don't think they have a way of concluding the alcohol wasn't his, just because he isn't supposed to drink doesn't mean he didn't, right? I'm starting to get pretty worried.

<modsnip>

I looked over some pics; he has a smart watch...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back