UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353673/Friend-Powell-took-time-getting-home.html

New article, this stuff is really falling apart for Josh now.

There's a lot of other major hink action in this article. It paints a much fuller picture of how NOT worried and odd he was behaving.

"He wanted to talk about everything else. He sat there in a daze. He was ticked off police took his van," he said. "He was just being extremely careful about everything he said."

Ticked off about the van. This sounds EXACTLY like Scott Peterson!

So according to this new article, Josh was either in WVC or lying about it, either we he took two hours. The police will know when he took that call, if he was in WVC or not. If he was, he was disposing of evidence, cleaning up, or just driving around going "OMG OMG OMG!" I'll bet.

And he was just driving around? Does that make any sense at all?!?! This guy is waaaaaay dumb. The fact he has managed to evade arrest thus far is purely dumb luck IMO.

Timeline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone put a timeline on this last 2 weeks?
Maybe we could put one together. TIA
I'm looking over my notes. But need help........
anyone have the timeline better than I have? PLEASE add

Sunday, December 6, 2009
Susan went to church, walked home with friends.
JP made pancakes and eggs for supper, rarely cooked.
LoVonna was over to help Susan with crocheting project.
LoVonna left at 5 pm.
JP took sons sledding in dark at 5:30pm.
Neighbor saw JP come home at 8:30pm
Neighbor heard JP's van's security going off in garage at 11:45pm.

Monday, Dec 7, 2009
JP left for a camping trip at 12:30 am Monday morning with sons.
JP and Susan do not show up for work.
Sons are not at babysitters.
Relatives are called.
Concerned relatives call LE, who break a window for wellness search.
Friend calls JP cell phone at 3pm
Another friend contacts JP by cell phone at 4pm.
JP arrives home at 5pm.
After arriving home, Josh is confronted by LE.
LE takes the van to search.
Josh BUYS CLOTHES AND NEW CELL PHONE.
TIM PETERSON TAKES goes to airport and rents a car.
He is gone for 24 hours.
JOSH DOES NOT TELL ANYONE WHERE HE IS GOING.

Tuesday, December 8th
JP calls Susan's dad and tells him Susan is missing.

Wednesday, December 9th
JP comes back home?
Did he take sons for 24 hours?
Where was he?
Police spent two hours removing items from the Powell home.
Police say Josh Powell is not a suspect at this time

Thursday, December 10Police searched the Simpson Spring Recreation Area and found no sign of Josh Powell's campsite.
Josh Powell speaks briefly with reporters

Friday, December 11Police stil have no arrests and said Josh Powell is a person of interest

Saturday, December 12:
Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, traveled to Utah to help search for his daughter.
Josh Powell's family held a press conference and Josh Powell stands silenty with them.
Community members pass out fliers with pictures of Susan Powell.

Sunday, December 13, 2009
1 week Susan is gone.

Monday, December,14:
Josh Powell retains attorney.
JP does not show up to talk with LE.
Skips 3rd interview with LE

Wednesday, December 16,2009
LE takes DNA of Josh Powell.
Search home during a prayer vigil.
LE finds JOURNAL of Susan's at work

Friday/Sat, December 18/19
Josh on the run to Washington?

Saturday, December 19, 2009
ABC subpeoned for video tapes.
All news agencies asked not to destroy video tapes.

Sunday, December 20,2009
2 weeks Susan is gone.
World wide prayer vigil at 8:30pm.
JP and son show up unexpectedly to Susan's vigil.
they stand 15 feet away from Cox family and are silent.
JP talked to 1 sister for a moment Diane?
Suppose to of said he would talk to her later.
JP and sons staying in Steve Powell's house in a GATED
community.
Steve Powell father of Josh defends son in interview.
John Hellewell who is a neighbor of the Powell's found out about the trip Sunday when Josh called him. His first concern was to find someone to "pet sit" his birds.

Monday, December 21, 2009
More comes out about Susan's emails to friends
about abuse in her marriage to a Josh.
If she dies, it will NOT be suicide.
Susan is afraid Josh will kidnap the sons or WORSE!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-neighbors-josh-possibly-involved-susan-powell,0,1188310.story

Petersen said friends and family members tried several times to call Josh on his cell phone Dec. 7. When he finally answered, Petersen said Josh didn't seem very panicked when they told him Susan was missing and no one had any idea where she was.
"They told him, 'The police are here at your house. You might want to come home.' It took him two hours. When we asked him where he had been, he just said, 'I've been driving around West Valley City.' It took him two hours to get home. He wasn't in a big hurry to get home and find his wife, he just … I don't know. It's a really crappy situation," Petersen said.
~~~~snip
Another church member helped police get into the house shortly after Susan's disappearance, Petersen said. He later told Petersen he saw two fans aimed at a wet spot on the carpet in the front room. There were toys also scattered around the floor, he said.
~~~~snip

and the bingo snip:

Petersen said the Powell's marriage counselor instructed Susan to set specific goals. Susan told Josh that her goal was for him to become active in the church again by the end of 2009 and to have his temple recommend again by their anniversary in the spring, otherwise she was going to divorce him and take the children, Petersen said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...his-time-getting-home-neighbor-says.html?pg=2

Another church member helped police get into the house shortly after Susan's disappearance, Petersen said. He later told Petersen he saw two fans aimed at a wet spot on the carpet in the front room. There were toys also scattered around the floor, he said.
~~~~snip

and the bingo snip:

So we're to believe she shampooed the carpet but didn't pick up the toys, huh?

did you guys SEE THAT!!! She was going to leave him if he didn't have his temple reccomend by their anniversary in April..

Wonder if him not attending church that Sunday was what caused the argument????

is a temple reccomendation like a piece of paper? Does it expire, etc?

Also, Josh seemed to have been attending when he MET Susan... as he met her at single's ward iirc..

It is actually a piece of paper, signed by you and your bishop/stake president. It shows the date you received it, and the date it expires. You show it when you enter the temple. You can't get in without it.

He would have had to have one to get married.

Just to make sure I'm clear, I'm really not trying to bring religion into any discussions on this, other than to answer basic questions to add insight into the situation. I am trying to avoid anything that could be construed as overstepping my bounds. :)

Tim Petersen is a neighbor of the Powells and a member of their LDS Church ward. He and his wife are good friends with Susan, and Tim has helped Susan with her marriage counseling.

Not sure if this means he is a counselor or just helped her in some way. Makes me wonder if he had to call the police on Josh for a threat of violence towards Susan or actual violence.

If that is the case then the counseling should have been forget this, get out now.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...his-time-getting-home-neighbor-says.html?pg=2

It is actually a piece of paper, signed by you and your bishop/stake president. It shows the date you received it, and the date it expires. You show it when you enter the temple. You can't get in without it.

He would have had to have one to get married.

Just to make sure I'm clear, I'm really not trying to bring religion into any discussions on this, other than to answer basic questions to add insight into the situation. I am trying to avoid anything that could be construed as overstepping my bounds. :)

DomCasual

Could you explain Temples, Stakes and Wards for people. That might help people to follow along with these terms as they are used.

I am sure LE is loving the pressure that Peterson is putting on Joshy.

I bet he is absolutely LIVID.

And I also bet he is following the developments on line, being the ITT control freak he is.

I am so glad Mr. Peterson is dishing to the media!

Tim Petersen is a neighbor of the Powells and a member of their LDS Church ward. He and his wife are good friends with Susan, and Tim has helped Susan with her marriage counseling.

Not sure if this means he is a counselor or just helped her in some way. Makes me wonder if he had to call the police on Josh for a threat of violence towards Susan or actual violence.

If that is the case then the counseling should have been forget this, get out now.

IMO, then HE KNOWS allot about the dark side of JOSH!!!

OT but are guys in Utah getting that storm? It is supposed to be in Kansas, where I am, tomorrow

Back On the topic,
DomCasual, I am very interested to learn how the religion works as well. If Mr. Peterson were helping with her counseling what would that mean? And also, what is the process of getting a temple reccommend? Do you have to go to church every weeK, etc? Would the counseling be part of it???

Is it possible that Mr. Peterson was "sponsoring" or "mentoring" Susan during her counseling? Is that a possibility?

TIA

HLN, Mike Galanes will be talking more about Susan's case in a few minutes

If Tim is a friend and not a professional counselor than by law he will be able to tell all!!!!

Also how much is a rental car at the airport?
How much does a gallon of gas cost in Utah area???

I wonder if Joshy is reading here ?!!! :wave: :gavel:
:whistle:

How long does it take to get the cell phone records? I REALLY want to see those!! I want to know where that idiot was at.

this is HUGE! This fact entering the main stream media that she had an ultimatum.. an actual DATE and plan on which to leave him and the conditions... that he had to get a reccommend and wasn't going to church and missing counseling.... wow...

It makes me think that he somehow found out about this.

It gives motive doesn't it!

Does anyone think Josh will come back from WA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missTaken16