UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I would like to point out that to me is very telling, is that I have not heard of any searches that will be taking place to look for Susan ...I would think organized searches would be on the news if they were having them..

this is HUGE! This fact entering the main stream media that she had an ultimatum.. an actual DATE and plan on which to leave him and the conditions... that he had to get a reccommend and wasn't going to church and missing counseling.... wow...

It makes me think that he somehow found out about this.

It gives motive doesn't it!

BBM This type of man hates you to have plans, control and ultimatums He MUST run the show, be king of his castle!
So She HAD TO GO AWAY!!!
IMO, his dad helped JP see that, JP needed to get control again!!

New reports on HLN, more emails coming out.
LE will not confirm it though and JP is still just a POI.
More friends coming forward.
She was in fear of her safety!

I always love these cases when it's pretty obvious who is to blame. They just don't act correctly. Running off to WA . . . Wouldn't Josh want to be by the phone in case his wife called?

As in all these cases -- they already KNOW THE OUTCOME -- so it's very difficult for them to fake emotions.

He had to have threatened her for her to think he would kill her and make it look like suicide. I bet it was that threat the cops were called on Josh.

DomCasual

Could you explain Temples, Stakes and Wards for people. That might help people to follow along with these terms as they are used.

Sure.

Ward: This is another term for congregation. The LDS church divides its congregations up by geography. You attend church based on the area in which you live. In Utah, where there is a large population of Mormons, your ward might only be a few square miles of area. In other places, it might be a few hundred square miles. Ward boundaries are broken out so that the ward stays a manageable size - maybe a few hundred active members. Once the LDS population in an area grows above this size, the ward will be reorganized into more wards. LDS chapels (or meeting houses) house at least one ward. Each ward has services every Sunday in the chapels/meeting houses.

At the head of a ward is a bishop. He is just a member of the ward that serves in his spare time. A bishop will usually serve for six years, give or take. It is an unpaid position, so Bishops must continue to sustain themselves and their families, financially.

Stake: This is just an organization of wards. I'm not sure if there is a standard as to how many wards might be in a stake - my guess is it's about five or six. At the head of a stake is a stake president - again, an unpaid position, filled by a person that resides in one of the wards in the stake. The purpose of a stake is simply to help manage the logistical needs of the church.

Temples: A temple is a building where Mormons carry out what they consider to be their sacred ordinances. A temple will serve many stakes - there is one temple in Denver, for example, and it serves stakes in several western states. The Powells were married in the Portland temple, which is one of two temples serving the entire Pacific Northwest. Temples are open during the week, and closed on Sundays. Temples are only open to LDS members with current temple recommends. The exception to this is when a temple is first opened. On such occasions, the Church will offer a window of time when anyone can tour the temple. At the end of the open house (usually a few months), the temple is dedicated, and closed to those not holding a current temple recommend.

Hopefully, that all makes a little sense.

Oh still talking about other person (people) of interest!
Did he have help?
Help with moving her body?
Killing her?
Cover up?
IIRC, did they just say they where seeing if 'someone ' was in the rental car with him????

I always love these cases when it's pretty obvious who is to blame. They just don't act correctly. Running off to WA . . . Wouldn't Josh want to be by the phone in case his wife called?

As in all these cases -- they already KNOW THE OUTCOME -- so it's very difficult for them to fake emotions.

Reminds me of Scott P not answering his phone on TV when Laci was missing.......just in case she was found.........cause he knew she wouldn't be calling let alone found!!!

Something new - JP bought a prepaid cell phone in the day he left for 24 hours. Thats may hinder the tracking of cell phone pings

a caller said this was just like Tara's case in Michigan........
Looks like Lisa Stebics case and like the Laci Peterson case.

IMO, is there a GF???

Talking about the chapped hands. Bizarre behavior. Questioning the lost track of Sat/Sun. New search warrant for family van. Mike G. and guest comparing to Stebic and Peterson cases.
Also, revealed that emails are being presented to LE from friends about will, JP behavior, and that she would never commit suicide.
To me, that sound like, "If I go missing found dead, I did not commit suicide." (Look at my husband!) IMOO.

What a sad Christmas for the Cox family.
Wonder how Josh will smerk in their faces again?

Talking about the chapped hands. Bizarre behavior. Questioning the lost track of Sat/Sun. New search warrant for family van. Mike G. and guest comparing to Stebic and Peterson cases.
Also, revealed that emails are being presented to LE from friends about will, JP behavior, and that she would never commit suicide.
To me, that sound like, "If I go missing found dead, I did not commit suicide." (Look at my husband!) IMOO.

If there is a new search warrant for the Van I wonder if it is in WA?

I hope LE can put a bug somehow, or tap phones in father Steve's house!
I bet plans are being made to run to Canada with the kids ASAP!!!

OT but are guys in Utah getting that storm? It is supposed to be in Kansas, where I am, tomorrow

Back On the topic,
DomCasual, I am very interested to learn how the religion works as well. If Mr. Peterson were helping with her counseling what would that mean? And also, what is the process of getting a temple reccommend? Do you have to go to church every weeK, etc? Would the counseling be part of it???

Is it possible that Mr. Peterson was "sponsoring" or "mentoring" Susan during her counseling? Is that a possibility?

TIA

The temple recommend interview is required to receive a temple recommend. The verbiage for the interview that someone posted a page or two back is accurate. I think the standard they suggest for attending meetings is at least 50%, but I don't know that this is official. The bottom line is that they sort of leave those kind of questions up the the judgment/conscience of the member answering the questions. One of the questions is if you strive to be honest, which would certainly apply to a temple recommend interview.

I think the way it might work with counseling is that you would first go talk with your Bishop, and he would make recommendations as to how you proceed. But that certainly isn't a requirement. My wife and I went through some issues several years ago, and we just found a regular marriage counselor in our area. This Peterson guy might be a Bishop; but I sort of get the impression he's just someone that Susan approached on her own. The church has something called LDS Social Services that provides counseling, among other services. Sometimes, Bishops will refer people there. But LDS Social Services counselors would be full-time professionals with degrees. This Peterson guy wouldn't be that, because he would be bound by the same privacy restrictions any health professional would have.

If the cops taking the van pissed Josh off then they need to keep doing it. De-wheel him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstrwberrys