VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Does anyone know if WH had any injuries? Could he have stepped on a rusty nail, injured himself or something while out there, overgrown grass, possible wood debris with nails etc. I am hoping he left some evidence behind. His estranged wife JH stated, he was out in Franklin often with the plumbing company he worked for. He knew the area well. Has the exact color and make of the van been confirmed? At night without lights, a dark green maroon, brown, darker shades of gray, blue etc. can look black without light. Especially from a distance. Did anyone at the motel have a dark colored van, that WH could have borrowed or stole? just some thoughts....

Look, I know we seem like a room full of macabre housewives sipping our sherry and sleuthing whilst sewing tutus for our chihuauas, but there are military, retired LE, PI's, laywers, scientists, law students and spouses of NSA agents here who have a lot of experience with cases like these and men like WH. JMO

I had to bump this part. Thanks Vail.

Where was the step-dad when those texts were sent?
Was her phone found?

Her phone was not "officially" found, that I have heard. We (DH & I) do believe it was found due to the fact the police only searched about 25% of IOW and stated they would not be back the following day. It's kind of a "coincidence" that all of the evidence ceased being found when he got incarcerated.

But according to their G*M page, they had about $7000 already. How much do they want? I just find all this fundraising from the day after the MP report was filed and continuing for all this time after her remains are located, odd. JMO

I agree totally. It burned me up from the get go but I'm finally ready to move on. In summary, here's where funds for the family came from:

Plastic bracelets @ $5 - but I think only $3 passed on to the family
Blue headbands @ $5
Raffle at a local cafe
Softball tournament

It's likely all of the above - with the exception of the #2 - will probably gross a total between 10k - 15k. In the grand scheme of things that's not a lot of money. If it helps AJ's sisters then I'm good with it.

As for the missing persons scam, JH, KH and TM will be required to file all proper documents. If they don't then they'll have to deal with government officials, including the IRS and FBI.

Fundraising sites like neither care what description people put on their pleas nor what they do with the funds collected. takes 10% and passes on the rest. So it doesn't matter what the fundee says about where the money will go. In fact I've rarely seen any followup published by families and individuals who professed that money will be donated to a worthy cause, though it does happen occasionally.

It's all moot in this case anyway since it appears that the "charity" the excess funds will go to is the missing persons project. One hand washes the other. I don't really care anymore - these people are who they are and nothing's going to change them.

All I care about now is finding whoever murdered AJ and bringing them to justice. RIP sweet girl. :rose:

Now that you mention it: The only Black or Dark Blue Vans I've seen, in Virginia, are Funeral Home vans and Limo vans (Black) and Michael & Son Plumbers (Navy Blue.)

It wasn't a van van, K....it was a Dodge Caravan. Think mini-van. :)

I believe all the money has been transferred to a memorial account with a bank. That money along with money raised at the softball tourney will be used for funeral expenses. Money leftover will be donated to a charity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An actual bonafide charity or the one Pa$tor and grandma are trying to start on Facebook???

http://wavy.com/2015/04/03/police-investigating-in-iow-in-anjelica-hadsell-disappearance/

This is a good article to refresh with some details. It does say that her phone pinged out in the area by the pond and that the plumbing work van was seen driving slowly in that area of where the phone pinged. So my question is... does the work van have a GPS? Does WH's phone have a built in GPS, can they put the van or WH's phone there at the same time that AJ's phone was pinging?

Just a comment regarding WH getting reamed by his boss for being late....my hubby and brother worked for a similar company. Rarely did they work with the boss. They did not punch in and out. Just a thought that trickled through my mind - is it possible the boss is not really saying much because he doesn't know? Betting LE knows the answer no matter what. JMO

I agree with your comment.
My husband did the same type of work for 23 years (before his unexpected death in 2013) but he worked for a much larger company located here in Richmond
and they don't do residential work.
He rarely went to "the shop/office". He only went there when he needed to pick up parts, supplies, paperwork/blueprints or to turn in his time sheet on friday.
He was issued a company truck, a company credit card for gas and a work phone. He rarely saw his boss, mainly talk to him on the company phone.
The workers kept and filled out their own time sheets and turn them in at the end of the week.
He used to tell me how guys would fill out their time sheet saying they were "on the job" working but they would really be at home or off somewhere doing their own thing and getting paid for it. Eventually the company did install gps tracking systems on the trucks. But many of the workers drove their own vehicles because they weren't issued company vehicles. :moo:

So I wondered about the "my boss reamed me out part too" Unless WH worked in the fabrication shop where they make the duct work, or his boss was on the
jobsite and noticed he was late getting back.

Zach said she went above and beyond cleaning the house, and she left in a hurry. I think whatever happened, happened in the house. Zach said she left in a hurry. Someone was cleaning up the crime scene.

I think she was dumped close by and then on Wesley's fishing trip he moved her.

Back to the black van, who's is it?

I felt, IMO, that he placed her in a storage unit then went back to work, late.

I guess we will have answers at the trial. Hopefully we will have some answers if they release what she was wearing when they found her. Sobs

Her phone was not "officially" found, that I have heard. We (DH & I) do believe it was found due to the fact the police only searched about 25% of IOW and stated they would not be back the following day. It's kind of a "coincidence" that all of the evidence ceased being found when he got incarcerated.

OK Pirate Girl, I can agree with most of what you have posted. The only thing I don't think happened was any accomplice work. The reason I can't get on board with that is because I think everyone here is too focused on the witnesses timelines. When someone says a couple of weeks ago, it could mean 3 - 4 weeks, and if someone says about 3 - 4 weeks ago, that could totally mean 5 weeks. Unlike WH, I can't remember dates and I feel the vast majority of people can't either... especially when they don't know that they are going to have to recall these dates at a later time.
So, I think FindHG and TealGrove are pretty spot on. In my opinion, EVERYTHING was planted before a mp report was filed. I think yes... LE found a phone in the pond because, as you mentioned, they only searched a small portion of the pond and didn't return. I also want to address some things people have questioned. The tall grass is very common out there, as I used to do home inspections in that area and once it overgrows, it doesn't die. It is not really grass but hard sticks and weeds. Also, WH did NOT confess because news reports say that he "maintains his innocence". Also, LE says they have no suspects at this time. I believe the whole reason LE has said no foul play and no suspects is because they have almost everything they need for a conviction, but want a super solid case before making an arrest. Also, they may think there is an accomplice, so yes, at this point that person would be a flight risk if LE said anything. It is still an investigation, so they can't say much, especially to family members or friends who they think may have something to do with this or something they aren't saying.
In any case, IMO, sometime between Mon. and Tues. or before, all "found" evidence by WH had already been planted. I mean, come on... that makes sense. Timelines were wrong and WH was out there in work truck making sure the phone would ping near the pond and then out there dropping a body at night in Franklin. I think people are looking too much into his boss and time he got back to work. He knew what he was doing, IMO.

Zach, words can't express how thankful I am you let me come be with you! I know the circumstances were crazy. But I am so honored to be your friend (can we be friends!?) and for someone like you to share so many deep and heartfelt things with me-- wow, it was an honor. Do not thank me. The least I can do is be here for you. You and I are so similar. This world needs people like you. And most of all, Anjelica needs you to be her voice.

I hope you have an easier night. I know it's hard but I know you can get through this. You ARE strong. Don't doubt yourself. Hugs so much!

Websleuths, you guys have been incredible. You really are the backbone for Zach right now. It's amazing to see how much good is coming out of this. Good will prevail over evil always.

Thank you so, so much! The thank you button wasn't enough.

Here's something interesting...Pastor T's "Inside Jesus Ministry" page is no longer available.

Hi all,
Does anyone know if WH had any injuries? Could he have stepped on a rusty nail, injured himself or something while out there, overgrown grass, possible wood debris with nails etc. I am hoping he left some evidence behind. His estranged wife JH stated, he was out in Franklin often with the plumbing company he worked for. He knew the area well. Has the exact color and make of the van been confirmed? At night without lights, a dark green maroon, brown, darker shades of gray, blue etc. can look black without light. Especially from a distance. Did anyone at the motel have a dark colored van, that WH could have borrowed or stole? just some thoughts....

I have wondered if he had any scratches or other wounds around neck, arms, etc. But, that would really depend on the COD.

I agree with your comment.
My husband did the same type of work for 23 years (before his unexpected death in 2013) but he worked for a much larger company located here in Richmond
and they don't do residential work.
He rarely went to "the shop/office". He only went there when he needed to pick up parts, supplies, paperwork/blueprints or to turn in his time sheet on friday.
He was issued a company truck, a company credit card for gas and a work phone. He rarely saw his boss, mainly talk to him on the company phone.
The workers kept and filled out their own time sheets and turn them in at the end of the week.
He used to tell me how guys would fill out their time sheet saying they were "on the job" working but they would really be at home or off somewhere doing their own thing and getting paid for it. Eventually the company did install gps tracking systems on the trucks. But many of the workers drove their own vehicles because they weren't issued company vehicles. :moo:

So I wondered about the "my boss reamed me out part too" Unless WH worked in the fabrication shop where they make the duct work, or his boss was on the
jobsite and noticed he was late getting back.

I can't imagine that they didn't have some sort of GPS tracker on their company vehicles. When they were at the pond I wondered if vehicle GPS records led them there, particularly because they were asking if the Quality Plumbing van was seen in the area. I share your skepticism about the boss "reaming him out." The only way I could see that is if he was supposed to be at a certain customer's at a certain time and the customer called the company to say he wasn't there.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

OK Pirate Girl, I can agree with most of what you have posted. The only thing I don't think happened was any accomplice work. The reason I can't get on board with that is because I think everyone here is too focused on the witnesses timelines. When someone says a couple of weeks ago, it could mean 3 - 4 weeks, and if someone says about 3 - 4 weeks ago, that could totally mean 5 weeks. Unlike WH, I can't remember dates and I feel the vast majority of people can't either... especially when they don't know that they are going to have to recall these dates at a later time.
So, I think FindHG and TealGrove are pretty spot on. In my opinion, EVERYTHING was planted before a mp report was filed. I think yes... LE found a phone in the pond because, as you mentioned, they only searched a small portion of the pond and didn't return. I also want to address some things people have questioned. The tall grass is very common out there, as I used to do home inspections in that area and once it overgrows, it doesn't die. It is not really grass but hard sticks and weeds. Also, WH did NOT confess because news reports say that he "maintains his innocence". Also, LE says they have no suspects at this time. I believe the whole reason LE has said no foul play and no suspects is because they have almost everything they need for a conviction, but want a super solid case before making an arrest. Also, they may think there is an accomplice, so yes, at this point that person would be a flight risk if LE said anything. It is still an investigation, so they can't say much, especially to family members or friends who they think may have something to do with this or something they aren't saying.
In any case, IMO, sometime between Mon. and Tues. or before, all "found" evidence by WH had already been planted. I mean, come on... that makes sense. Timelines were wrong and WH was out there in work truck making sure the phone would ping near the pond and then out there dropping a body at night in Franklin. I think people are looking too much into his boss and time he got back to work. He knew what he was doing, IMO.

I fully agree about the importance of the timelines relayed via various folks. I am the world's worse for distances and dates...ex. my BFF of 25 years knows this so if I tell him something is about a mile, he responds with a real mile or a you mile? In contrast, if DH says something happened 4 days ago...it was exactly 4 days ago...but that is due to his line of work where most of us folks give guesstimations. ;) So, yes, I def think too much emphasis is being placed on exact times, timelines, etc but unless we have evidence other than word of mouth, it's pretty much worth...and honestly, I don't think it will have a huge impact in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Memorial softball tournament planned for AJ Hadsell

AJ Hadsell's former softball teammates will host a memorial tournament in her honor Sunday, April 12, 2015.

NORFOLK -- Family and friends of AJ Hadsell are holding a memorial softball tournament in her honor Sunday.

During Opening Day activities for the Little Creek National Pony League Saturday, members dedicated one of its fields to Hadsell.

What a wonderful way to honor AJ! Now every single time I attend one of my GRANDdaughter's softball games, my mind and heart will be thinking about AJ the Angel.

The blue minivan in the twitter picture is not a Dodge Caravan, according to Mr.Mountain Kat. He has a great eye due to his profession. Dodge Caravan's angle at the back...this mini-van has a straight edge.

JMMKO

ETA: Of course, we don't know that the vehicle seen leaving the Franklin house actually WAS a Dodge Caravan...just that a witness SAID that it was.

The blue minivan in the twitter picture is not a Dodge Caravan, according to Mr.Mountain Kat. He has a great eye due to his profession. Dodge Caravan's angle at the back...this mini-van has a straight edge.

JMMKO

ETA: Of course, we don't know that the vehicle seen leaving the Franklin house actually WAS a Dodge Caravan...just that a witness SAID that it was.

It looks like a Honda or a 90s caravan from the back. But it could be a Honda.

Some people like to keep a eye on a case if they also have something to hide.

I would check paint shops, craigslist and used car dealerships for somebody looking to either paint car, sell car, or trade car for a newer one. Jmo

JMMKO

I actually thought the one in the twitter pic did have an angle at the back, goes to show what I know! lol And tbh how many times have we been here before, scrutinizing the small details of photos and in the end it was pointless misinformation. Not saying this isn't but kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86