VA - Christine Weston Chan, creator of Sonichu, arrested for rape of mother, Richmond, 3 Aug 2021

As of today, his case has allegedly gotten a continuance into the new year.

The main point of contention is whether or not the mother actually has dementia or couldn't or didn't consent - which matters as far as any rape charges go (though not on the incest charges, since incest is illegal in VA even if consensual).

My undertanding is that the mother was taken to a hospital for police for a Wellness check after people online reported the incest, and Chris Chan was arrested a few days later and charged with incest (so this may mean they found physical evidence or got testimony from the mother).

Imo this person is a danger to women.
I heard on the grapevine that in Virginia, you're housed in the prison of your biological sex, even if you identify as "transgender", unless you've had a sex-change surgery.

As far as is known, this individual has never had a sex-change surgery, but I do recall an infamous incident which was documented by Youtubers where they tried to "cut a vagina out of their taint with a kitchen knife" and had to go to a hospital.

Also, there's also this recent gem where Chris Chan compared themselves to Jesus Christ in a letter they wrote from prison:

Chris Chan: Internet Personality Accused of Raping Elderly Mom Says They’re ‘Literally’ Jesus Christ in Note to Lawyer [Report]

And sense this was never posted, another Youtuber captured a live video of Chris Chan being arrested for the incest charges:

After her arrest on an incest charge, Chris Chan is being categorized as male in jail despite being a trans woman

On Thursday morning, Chandler's gender categorization on the VINE custody request system was changed from female to male. The VINE system transmits jail and prison records to the public in order to provide status updates to families and interested parties. Hoffman did not provide a reason for the change.

The Daily Mail reported that Chandler was to be "housed with women inmates," though the jail did not confirm that to Insider.

Being in a male prison means she is not an ALLEGED imminent danger to any females. Which is good.

However IN MY OPINION she will obviously likely be in real danger in a male prison if not kept in competent secure isolation, because;
a) transgenderism - transwomen are targeted for sexual assault in male prisons
b) autism
c) possible undiagnosed delusional or psychotic symptoms
d) infamy
e) ALLEGED sex crimes

I mean come on.

Their Twitter and Youtube accounts are still up apparently:
IN MY OPINION What would be the point of taking those down? They are archived elsewhere. Literally every moment of his/her life is documented in excruciating detail online. There is an entire community that was founded on observing him/her.

IN MY OPINION Oh CWC is a rabbit hole no one wants to fall down. I've had the misfortune of being familiar with her for a long time. I don't know much and that is more than enough. This latest development was deeply shocking to me... but not surprising at all. Not at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also the question of Chris Chan's mental state, and the speculation that he may have been goaded into it by a troll (specifically, the girl in audio leak). The girl has been doxxed, and new (and rather disturbing) material about her is coming out every other minute. Kiwifarms has been in a feeding frenzy for days.

Edit: still trying to catch up, it's an absolute shitshow. This WILL be the defense angle if it ever goes to trial. Massive amounts of electronic evidence from just about any app and social media platform. Cherry on top, the girl is the daughter of an owner of a PMC company and a former Secret Service agent. You can't make that **** up...

Is there any news on the other people who are SPECULATIVELY POSSIBLY ALLEGEDLY involved?

And HYPOTHETICALLY could any of them face charges also?

"A transgender YouTuber charged with raping her elderly dementia-stricken mom bragged, 'I'm famous on the internet,' and snapped at a judge for using the wrong pronoun as she was denied bail at a bond hearing on Thursday.
Christine Chandler, 39, known as Chris Chan on YouTube, also stomped her feet and demanded to be taken home during a hearing at the Green County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court in Virginia.

IN MY OPINION and being somewhat familiar with CWC for a significant length of time - Oh boy is jail and court and all of this going to be a shock.

IN MY OPINION This is the first real consequence he has ever had to face in his entire life. This one is just not going to go away.

Being in a male prison means she is not an ALLEGED imminent danger to any females. Which is good.

However IN MY OPINION she will obviously likely be in real danger in a male prison if not kept in competent secure isolation, because;
a) transgenderism - transwomen are targeted for sexual assault in male prisons
b) autism
c) possible undiagnosed delusional or psychotic symptoms
d) infamy
e) ALLEGED sex crimes

I mean come on.

This mentally ill male is probably a danger to the other inmates and not the other way around. Maybe a secure mental health facility can be an option.

This mentally ill male is probably a danger to the other inmates and not the other way around. Maybe a secure mental health facility can be an option.

IN MY OPINION I mean yeah, you're not wrong. S/he's quite possibly a danger to other males as well as females.
I just think it's dangerous both ways. This person is a walking target. And isn't exactly fit to be in fights or struggles with prison-hardened men.

IN MY OPINION I have seen some people online trying to get h/im/er psychological help, into a group home or committed to a mental health facility for years/decades.
Honestly I was expecting the police would have to move h/im/er to such a place pretty quickly. But I guess not?

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

We are letting the video of Chan's arrest stand on a one-time basis only because it is the actual arrest and it's an older post. This is not blanket approval for linking to that particular youtube channel.

For future reference however, please remember that Websleuths does not allow random videos which have not been pre-approved by WS management. Always try to find the same info via MSM or other WS approved sources so we aren't linking to podcasts that we are not familiar with. There are literally thousands of random youtube channels on the web and we can't vet them all as to their suitability.

Thanks !!

IN MY OPINION this is all going to get unfathomably complicated.

IN MY OPINION This is a man and then a woman who has been tortured by people on the internet for most of his and then her life.

IN MY OPINION There have always been many other people trying to help, but they have always been thwarted by; the trolls, CWC's family, and CWC him/herself.

IN MY OPINION this is a tragedy the likes of which has never been quite before. An unattributable quote that expresses what I'm trying to say: "The internet raised a person, and that person was CWC."

IN MY OPINION this is all going to get unfathomably complicated.

IN MY OPINION This is a man and then a woman who has been tortured by people on the internet for most of his and then her life.

IN MY OPINION There have always been many other people trying to help, but they have always been thwarted by; the trolls, CWC's family, and CWC him/herself.

IN MY OPINION this is a tragedy the likes of which has never been quite before. An unattributable quote that expresses what I'm trying to say: "The internet raised a person, and that person was CWC."
There's a 50-hour documentary on Youtube which covers most of his online interactions.

I'm not sure what can "explain" the way he transpired - but from what I've seen of it, things were comparatively normal for him until he graduated from high school.

After that, everything began to go downhill. Mainly due his "love quests" or the inappropriate ways he went about trying to "get a girlfriend" and "lose his virginity", as well as him blaming everyone else and being unwilling to deal with criticism of his behavior (which resulted in him losing his jobs, getting kicked out of college, being banned from places he visited, and run-ins with the law). As well as the fact that he constantly "fed the trolls" with video content for years repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Some of the speculation is that the parents coddled him or refused to teach him any notion of personal responsibility. I'm not completely sure, but the fact that he couldn't be bothered to understand why loitering at stores with an "attraction" sign or consuming his own ejaculate on camera were not socially appropriate ways of "getting a girlfriend" is pretty telling.

Chris is just a certain kind of egomaniacal autistic person. Although difficult to treat under the best of circumstances there are lots of people with the same basic mental illness who live fairly normal lives and manage to find satisfaction in their hobbies. In the past, even ones who were over-indulged by their parents would be disciplined by society and learn acceptable behavior.

Chris just happened to hit a certain touchstone of very minor fame as a child, becoming an adult just as The Internet became universal and then spiraling totally out of control as "tolerance" ran completely amok. They need to be involuntarily committed to psychiatric treatment and forced to undergo cognitive behavior therapy. I don't believe that any of the trolls will be willing to actually step up and file civil rights lawsuits although if there were anyone who should be taken all the way to the US Supreme Court to demonstrate why some people actually need to be "bullied", it's CWC.

Chris is just a certain kind of egomaniacal autistic person. Although difficult to treat under the best of circumstances there are lots of people with the same basic mental illness who live fairly normal lives and manage to find satisfaction in their hobbies. In the past, even ones who were over-indulged by their parents would be disciplined by society and learn acceptable behavior.

Chris just happened to hit a certain touchstone of very minor fame as a child, becoming an adult just as The Internet became universal and then spiraling totally out of control as "tolerance" ran completely amok. They need to be involuntarily committed to psychiatric treatment and forced to undergo cognitive behavior therapy. I don't believe that any of the trolls will be willing to actually step up and file civil rights lawsuits although if there were anyone who should be taken all the way to the US Supreme Court to demonstrate why some people actually need to be "bullied", it's CWC.

Despite the articles reading that CWC mum was raped (this seems to be based off her age and supposed mental state). <modsnip-not victim friendly>
She may well have been raped, but I think (due to CWC on autism and schizotypical personality) he also would not be able to be held criminally responsible for a rape charge. I THINK. CWC will likely end up in a mental institution. Which will probably benefit him and those directly around him<modsnip>

Despite the articles reading that CWC mum was raped (this seems to be based off her age and supposed mental state). <modsnip>

She may well have been raped, but I think (due to CWC on autism and schizotypical personality) he also would not be able to be held criminally responsible for a rape charge. I THINK. CWC will likely end up in a mental institution. Which will probably benefit him and those directly around him, but will regrettably limit the access to Chris Chan lore.
I think that would be for the best. Had he been court ordered to undergo inpatient psychiatric treatment when he pepper sprayed the people at GameStop just think how much different his life could have been.

Or even if he had just been court ordered not to go online or at least not to post online. That used to be something that happened quite often with people convicted of hacking and it should really be something required of certain types of mentally ill people.

It is honestly shocking that CWC does not seeeeem to have had any kind of psychotherapy or counselling, beyond talking to (or more likely AT) his pastor. Yet he seems to have been prescribed valium ?

What kind of doctor is prescribing drugs and not having an individual like this properly assessed.

I think if he were banned from the internet, certain trolls would still get to him via post, in person, via phonecalls. But if he weren't online I suppose he wouldn't witness a great amount of the documentation/ trolling and may have less of a god complex.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back