VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
But for a single man with an apartment that he shares with two people, 25000 may be enough. We don't know if he works a lot of over time. We don't know if he has a side job or has money from somewhere before... no one knows his financial status. I remember the post about what he makes, add that to the car and people are jumping to conclusions based on it. Frankly , his income has no bearing on his crimes or his reasoning for being a POI... rich people get in trouble with the law also.

Bogarts post on previous thread page gives additional information on JM's financial situation.

I'm still not understanding why, if LE knows exactly where JM is, they have plastered up a wanted poster everywhere and told the public to earnestly keep an eye out. I don't understand at all. (I'm genuinely curious as to a simple potential explanation for this tactic)

By plastering his information everywhere, they've made it difficult for him to change locations without being spotted.

I'm still not understanding why, if LE knows exactly where JM is, they have plastered up a wanted poster everywhere and told the public to earnestly keep an eye out. I don't understand at all. (I'm genuinely curious as to a simple potential explanation for this tactic)

Oh, I can think of a few reasons.

1/They are waiting for him to slip up.
2/They are trying to eliminate circumstantial evidence.
3/Time is torture.

Look at the pictures of the outside of his car, it hasn't been washed in quite a while. Including the tires. There are flip flops in there rear window. Car has not been cleaned. I am more and more afraid LE is looking in the wrong direction. They have tried and convicted him in the media, but obviously they don't have anything to connect him to HG's disappearance or they would have issued a warrant by now.

If he did attempt to clean up evidence, it would stick out like a sore thumb.

WHO said LE knows where she is? I have not heard that implied anywhere. tia

Where JM is, not HG. I'd have to go back to the old threads and cut and paste a bunch- no time. But many many times posters have shared they have a hunch LE knows exactly where JM is. Perfectly find hunch, I'm just totally confused as to how that reconciles with making this big to-do with wanted posters, pressers about looking out for him, etc. I'm curious as to theories in people's minds, who believe LE knows JM's whereabouts, as to why LE would have taken this approach.

ok it is "tomorrow afternoon" where are our forensics? this is getting ridiculous.

It's tomorrow evening here and I'm finally in a position where I can sit down and follow the thread.... so I'd love some developments. Everything usually happens when I'm asleep and I end up with pages and pages about gloves to read.

I think they are waiting for him to lead them to Hannah.

Hoosgirl wanted to know the following:
Per foxnews interview this morning with Cville investigator, JM came to police station with a list of lawyers, asked police to contact them, they called first on list who agreed to come, JM and lawyer met for some time, then left.

My question is, given that he has had at least some experience with representation and courts in past, why would he do this???

Is there some obscure legal angle to him bringing in the list and having police get the lawyer?

I mean, why not just call them yourself?

I do not believe that is the result of any legal angle. I can't think of one that justifies such behavior.

To me, after following so many of these cases, observing how my law partner's clients act: seeing how suspects behave, I think it shows a person who wants to appear as if they are cooperating but does not want to talk to police. I think it evidences that the POI is scared, but generally knows his rights and is conflicted about how to address pressure to cooperate.

It will be years until we find out what truly happened to Hannah Graham.

I don't think it's either here nor there but every employer I've ever worked for requires you to approve your medical personal vacation time in advance. Of course that wouldn't count being hit by a car and having to retroactively take those days but again I don't think you can just take off from work for days or weeks at a time and then come back and say oh that was personal time--The real world doesn't work that way.

I'm guessing that UVA encouraged JM to take personal leave. Having him at work would cause all sorts of problems.

Carried over from the previous thread for informational purposes:

Virginia is an employment-at-will state; this means the employer may terminate any employee at any time, for any reason, or for no reason. As a general rule, therefore, the employee has no right to challenge the termination. There are a few very limited exceptions. For example, an employee may not be discriminated against or terminated because he has filed a safety complaint or exercised his rights under OSHA law. Virginia Code § 40.1-51.2:1. Also, federal law protects employees from discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin or handicap.

I don't follow how his employment is relevant to the discussion?

I'm guessing that UVA encouraged JM to take personal leave. Having him at work would cause all sorts of problems.

You may be right, but I think all this discussion started from a news article linked in the last thread that they were reviewing his employment status

Bogarts post on previous thread page gives additional information on JM's financial situation.

All his thread states is that he has money owed from previous warrants. It does not say he is poor. We do not know for a fact that he is poor. We haven't heard stories of him going to food banks. We have no one stating that he was just getting by. There is no factual evidence presented. So he owes money... who the heck doesn't.

I don't follow how his employment is relevant to the discussion?

LOL this is water cooler talk based on news tidbit linked in the last thread that UVA was meeting to re-examine his employment status.

We got nothing else to talk about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member