VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having to fill out an application and not having to show ID to be hired is not the norm. Because it happened to you one time does not justify a sweeping statement by the op that bars regularly hire criminals.

I've seen it happen many times particularly with bussers, dishwashers etc that might not be legal. They come in to look for a job and the manager or owner makes a judgement call based on their personality and says, "Can you start tonight?" When I waitressed I also worked off the books several times as well.

I don't think anyone is saying all people in the restaurant bar industry are criminal, just that there is a lot of illegal, unchecked activity.

Oh my gawd, if I had a dollar for every illegal non US citizen I've met washing dishes, taking out the trash, cleaning the floors, even cooking the food . . . . Maybe it's not as prevalent now with illegals being a big political issue - I don't know.

I also knew a lot of people that ended up doing illegal things because it's very easy to get sucked into, especially for extra, easy money.

Thanks for those. I'm not fast enough to keep up with this thread! :deepbreaths:

And to another poster who said the Daily Mail has been right on this case so far: Yes, on this case, it has been. Prior record still makes me suspicious of how reliable the info is, though.

The Daily Mail is often sensationalistic about celebrities and panders to middle class insecurities, I really hate it, BUT it's often quite good for crime. There certainly are much worse "newspapers" in the UK.

No, because I don't click the Daily Mail. It is in one of the previous threads. I was not mentioning it as something I believe.

Could you point us to the thread where this link was posted? I do not remember reading that. It sounds odd, since DM has been following this case closely.

lmao what ??? JLM has like a size 44 inch waist there is no way he is fitting into Hannahs pants. Go lay down

Well, they're not his pants! it was the length of them that got me thinking that, but you're right about the waist not fitting, even if they are stretchy...

Jace Larson KPRC ‏@jacelarson 13m
I was just told Mathews has waved extradition. Still expecting him to appear in court shortly. #HannahGraham
Galveston, TX https://twitter.com/jacelarson
What happened to the 1 pm presser in Texas??? Maybe I missed it :( What's crazy to me is I'm a true Texan and I don't know why any criminal would run here. We have the scariest laws with VERY stiff punishments.

Regarding the search in Texas for Hannah, how could they know if she was with him? If they have search dogs they don't have anything of hers in Texas to use. Unless they found some of her personal items in the car (blue nissan) that would trigger a possibility she was with him there.

Grandmother's last name. Brilliant.

Far better this explanation than what I immediately thought....the Carr brothers responsible for 5 murders with one of them having distinctive hair in dreadlocks.

Back when former Col. Russell Williams, was in the news for abduction, rape and murder,, some folks thought i was whack to suggest that the tall, muscular commander was probably wearing ladies knickers, guess what, it wasn't lady knickers, horrifically, it was a prepubescent girl's underwear!

And you were so right. How ironic I watched the brilliant interrogation tape just this a.m. Smyth did an awesome job getting Williams to talk. It's one of my faves. Anyone who wants to view it go to Youtube . Several parts but worth watching. Now back to Hannah. Where are you!!!!!

'Know what you mean, Perplexed'.. "Autocorrect is my worst enema"..

My son-in-law saw a guy I was dating kick our cat. The cat has a physical abnormality in her abdomen, which is where (I was told) the blow had landed. SIL did not confront him at the time because the guy was HUGE and intoxicated, but told me later on. I texted the guy and told him what Doug had said and he answered that he was shocked that I was accusing him of (thanks to autocorrect) ANAL abuse. *LOL* Gotta love that iPhone.

On a weekly basis?! Good grief, where in the world did you work??
That's not how it works around here, I can assure you of that.
Im just saying criminals can absolutely get a restaurant job.

And Im in Texas. Maybe its worse here who knows but I doubt it. :)

And I'm so sorry to be one of those annoying posters who doesn't google first, but just got home, and off phone onto computer (I'm googling, really, but no outlets seem to be announcing coverage of presser):

any and all links to 3pm presser will be very gratefully received, and of course, shared.

Thanks in advance.

Do we have a link for the presser in Texas?

While there are a lot of wonderful in the bar and restaurant industry, there are A LOT and I mean A LOT of shady people involved as well. I don't know the people that work at Tempo, but for now I'm taking their press release with a grain of salt.

Way behind but yes!! Bar where I worked we had several door men .. And I can tell you that plenty of times cute underage girls were allowed in because the more cute girls, the more guys come to spend money .. Better for business. And I can tell you that they were involved in plenty of lawsuits, even criminal charges, and we employees "understood" we saw nothing. Don't get me wrong, we usually didn't .. Too busy working. But I had an attorney track me down once and said I was the only one talking that still worked there. My point is that people lie and protect themselves. I don't believe tempo, but even with other witnesses, they will maintain that their employees didn't see her and who's to say they did/ didn't really.
BTW I also find it odd they have NO cameras ... Even our bar had them outside and facing bartenders.

The necklace Morgan Harrington was wearing the night she disappeared has never been recovered. I hope LE has contacted all of Jesse's ex-GFs to see if maybe they were given the necklace as a gift.

I feel as if I will hammered for saying he has not been convicted of anything to do with Hannah yet. Jmo

Maybe....hope not "hammered"....but, you will get a lot of attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member