VA - Jholie Moussa, 16, Fairfax County, 12 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

I am so sad for her family and especially since she was a twin. I can’t imagine.

During Peggy Fox's interview with Jholie's parents (in the father's home), the mother makes reference to an "African friend" that Jholie had recently met and spoken about. The video clip keeps cutting off on me as I try to rewatch it, to get a fix on the point where this reference is made. Does anyone else remember seeing this on the video?

Also, I recall from a possible description by the 12-year-old boy, who lent his phone to a man who used it to call or text Jholie, that the man had a backpack. I am not certain where I read this, but it was in this thread. But if this is correct, to me it means that possibly he is transient, on foot (no vehicle), and has no fixed address. May be "couch surfing" in the neighborhood, or staying in a shelter in the area at night. That is just my own personal opinion.

Just some undocumented observations that may or may not be correct as I remember them.

RIP Jholie.
Fly with the angels dear girl.

At a Friday evening press conference, Julie Parker, a spokeswoman for the Fairfax County police, had to deflect questions about the department's handling of the case, which had angered Jholie's parents.

The parents said in media interviews they felt Jholie might be in danger, but they did not believe police were treating the case with urgency.

Parker pushed back on that idea. “Our understanding was that she had voluntarily left home and there were no signs of foul play,” she said.

Jholie's father said that Jholie received a call on Jan. 12 from a 12-year-old boy's cellphone. The father said the boy later told him a man asked the boy to borrow his phone to place the call. Jholie was reported missing by her family the next day, police said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...22769454f82_story.html?utm_term=.fbb173e6f991
That's downright silly to blame LE. Its likely, based on the location, she was gone before they even reported her missing. Hopefully they will find the responsible party....bless sweet girl.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

That's downright silly to blame LE. Its likely, based on the location, she was gone before they even reported her missing. Hopefully they will find the responsible party....bless sweet girl.

No, it's absolutely appropriate for them to blast the police on this. Yes, she left the home voluntarily, but it doesn't mean she wasn't in danger. I'm so sick of police trying to avoid doing their damn jobs.

Jan 26

Police believe a body found in Woodlawn Park Friday morning is missing Mount Vernon teen Jholie Moussa. The death is being investigated as a homicide. Her family has been notified and has given consent to identify her.

Moussa, 16, had last been seen Jan. 12 leaving her home in the 4200 block of Sonia Court. Police have tentatively identified her based on appearance and a tattoo. She was described as having a tattoo of an infinity symbol with her name and her twin sister's name (Jholie and Zhane).

Officers came across the body just off a wooden path in the 4800 block of Manor Drive around 11 a.m. The body had been almost completely covered by leaves and brush. It was the second time detectives searched the park. The body was taken to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Manassas. The confirmed identification, cause and manner of death will be known as early as Saturday.

Police are staying on scene overnight.

https://patch.com/virginia/greateralexandria/body-found-mount-vernon-park-police

During Peggy Fox's interview with Jholie's parents (in the father's home), the mother makes reference to an "African friend" that Jholie had recently met and spoken about. The video clip keeps cutting off on me as I try to rewatch it, to get a fix on the point where this reference is made. Does anyone else remember seeing this on the video?

Also, I recall from a possible description by the 12-year-old boy, who lent his phone to a man who used it to call or text Jholie, that the man had a backpack. I am not certain where I read this, but it was in this thread. But if this is correct, to me it means that possibly he is transient, on foot (no vehicle), and has no fixed address. May be "couch surfing" in the neighborhood, or staying in a shelter in the area at night. That is just my own personal opinion.

Just some undocumented observations that may or may not be correct as I remember them.

IIRC her father said he was carrying a black backpack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that she was probably deceased based on location of the body, when she walked out of the house and when she was officially reported a missng. No amount of quick police action was going to save her life, IMO. She was already gone.

I agree that she was probably deceased based on location of the body, when she walked out of the house and when she was officially reported a missng. No amount of quick police action was going to save her life, IMO. She was already gone.
What was her motivation for rushing away at that moment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

IIRC her father said he was carrying a black backpack

There are garden apartments right down the street from the park. Always get nervoys about tgat.

I'm real!y upset about this. I've followed this since day 1 and I joined the Facebook group then too. To me LE did let this family down. I know even if LE had acted on the first day she probably would still be deceased but I don't understand them not acting when it was found a man had used that boys phone to contact her. That's when I thought she may have met up with someone who she thought was younger and it was all a grooming trap.

On one of the latest videos my a female LE she said they was searching the park for a 2nd time and hoping they were going to find her alive.
I wonder what made them think she would be alive in the park.
I don't think they could have traced her phone even if she had it with her because it was dead and sister said it hadn't been switched on since. So very sad.

How on earth did they miss her body? It's someone nearby imo.

I'm real!y upset about this. I've followed this since day 1 and I joined the Facebook group then too. To me LE did let this family down. I know even if LE had acted on the first day she probably would still be deceased but I don't understand them not acting when it was found a man had used that boys phone to contact her. That's when I thought she may have met up with someone who she thought was younger and it was all a grooming trap.

On one of the latest videos my a female LE she said they was searching the park for a 2nd time and hoping they were going to find her alive.
I wonder what made them think she would be alive in the park.
I don't think they could have traced her phone even if she had it with her because it was dead and sister said it hadn't been switched on since. So very sad.

Did LE ever confirm the story about the man borrowing the 12 year old’s phone?

I've not found any confirmation from LE.

I don't know. I will go back and look at all the earlier reports now.

How on earth did they miss her body? It's someone nearby imo.
Someone saw her on the road as if she was waiting for a ride. Or just waiting to cross the road. If she left and expected to be right back then maybe she was walking locall? Did she get in car?

I've not found any confirmation from LE.

Neither have I found LE confirmation. Its said in every report but all the LE comments say is she is classed as a run away in every report out there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back