VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that too many times DV is done in a way that cannot be easily substantiated. The thing that bothers me about this trial is the lack of substantiation in situations where it should be easy to do, including the police visits, the alleged bruising not seen by makeup artists and assistants, and possibly the flight attendant as well. I'd just like to hear from some others that were there that they saw more than nasty comments during fights with JD (not nice but apparently not initiated). I'm trying to keep an open mind but asking myself what would it take for me to believe her as a victim, because I'm trying.
Yet the theme of being a young innocent in LA with an experienced, druggy manipulator isn't resonating somehow. It just doesn't seem to mesh with any other testimony yet. Maybe tomorrow?
I have a big problem with her 'young innocent' girl in LA story because she met him first when she was 22.

She just testified that at 17 she came to LA, alone, and spent her days going by bus all around the city, hustling her auditions. So this was five years before she met JD and he flirted with her in the set trailer. In those five years of being a young beautiful actor in LA, she certainly experienced enough to not be considered an innocent, naive little girl any more.

And her story of how he flirted with her was so normal, regular and no big deal, especially when you know what goes on in many auditions and casting offices and film locations involving young actors. JMO

I'm suddenly sickened by realizing the sad fact that this trial has done more damage to any victim of DV. Believe all women? MeToo? MenToo? This whole lying conniving scam .....generating MILLIONS to corporate media and the courts will cost what? to the many victims who will not be believed? I almost feel dirty that I am a part of it.
Peace

I have a big problem with her 'young innocent' girl in LA story because she met him first when she was 22.

She just testified that at 17 she came to LA, alone, and spent her days going by bus all around the city, hustling her auditions. So this was five years before she met JD and he flirted with her in the set trailer. In those five years of being a young beautiful actor in LA, she certainly experienced enough to not be considered an innocent, naive little girl any more.

And her story of how he flirted with her was so normal, regular and no big deal, especially when you know what goes on in many auditions and casting offices and film locations involving young actors. JMO

haven’t you lived in Santa Monica? So you know the breed from “around the way”, as it were.

it also certainly sounds as if from others’ commentary of the testimony, she thinks everyone either male or female wants to sleep with her, so you would think she’d be used to slapping hands.

I'm suddenly sickened by realizing the sad fact that this trial has done more damage to any victim of DV. Believe all women? MeToo? MenToo? This whole lying conniving scam .....generating MILLIONS to corporate media and the courts will cost what? to the many victims who will not be believed? I almost feel dirty that I am a part of it.
Peace

hey, maybe this will set precedent, in which case you will eventually most likely end up glad you were here for at least part of it.

If you need to take an equilibrium break, we’ll still be here.

Peace
Yes, I know. It's ugly.
Weird guilt for trying to glue myself to the fence, when I don't find the story is holding water. Cases like this are damaging. But, truth ultimately is best for all.

After the tattoo dis, triple slap, dirty carpet stare down, hot breath on car window story did she say she went home and told her therapist. If so I would expect to hear from that therapist. Maybe I heard it wrong. Did anyone else hear this?

haven’t you lived in Santa Monica? So you know the breed from “around the way”, as it were.

it also certainly sounds as if from others’ commentary of the testimony, she thinks everyone either male or female wants to sleep with her, so you would think she’d be used to slapping hands.

I have a lot of experience with young actors and how the business works. My husband and daughter are both in the business and my daughter began working at age 9. She became a SAG member at 10 and still is a working professional at age 30. She has seen a lot and told me some horror stories from her years as model, actress and singer.

That is one reason I don't believe AH when she said ' I heard of JD but didnt really know much about him.' I KNOW for a fact that she would have done an in-depth study of JD before she went to the first audition. By the 5th time she auditioned she would be very knowledgable about him because she was auditioning for the chance to play opposite him in a big film. You would need to delve into him and his career, his personality, his past, his professional reputation, etc, etc, if you wanted to do a great audition during the callbacks.

Once someone is called back to audition 5 times, it is a very serious chance you might get the job. At that point it comes down to the smallest details and the actor who is the most perfect fit ----and AH knew that so she would have never gone to that meeting with JD, after auditioning 5x, without knowing everything she could about him.

At this point, I tend to believe that she purposely brought up certain obscure poems and books, specifically because she knew they were his favourites. Which worked greatly in her favour it seems...

After the tattoo dis, triple slap, dirty carpet stare down, hot breath on car window story did she say she went home and told her therapist. If so I would expect to hear from that therapist. Maybe I heard it wrong. Did anyone else hear this?

Dr. Cowen/Cowan/whatever spelling, is on her witness list.

at one point, JD has been heard complaining to Dr.Kipper about how dirty a trick Cowan has done him by giving Amber all Cowan’s best therapist cant in order that she would then have it at hand to weaponize against JD.

Btw, looking over some of the AH assertions in the UK, I came across this gem, 2 consecutive paragraphs:

(1) Johnny was always trying to give me a ‘bank’ card (as UK, I assume this means ‘debit’); which I continually refused because I’m oh so independent and averse to living off a mate. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Amber in next paragraph: then he took my Mustang (already touched upon here) to be fixed; I didn’t have it for 3.5 years, which means I ‘had no car’ and that he “controlled” me by forcing me to go with his private security as chauffeur.

Oooooookay…. without double checking this, I’m pretty sure she was making her own money as an actress during this time; and if not, here’s a novel idea, Amber… take the bank card you “continually refuse” out of Johnny’s hands and link it to your Uber account… thanks to JD’s recordings, we also know you know what that is… but nope, there’s only one car in Los Angeles; and your boyfriend can stop you from ever buying another one.

… I think JD has a point about ‘she’s as full of *bleep* as a Christmas goose’, don’t you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard