VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me who is the umbrella guy? I don’t remember him and I can’t watch the full trial. Thank you.

Did anyone watch the Rum Diaries clip that Johnny described yesterday, when Ambers part kissed him in the shower? I watched it last night and it’s a whole new dimension for me now. That was some real chemistry happening!:eek:

Sky News

'Dr Spiegel violated the Goldwater Rule in two ways'

Psychiatrist Doctor Richard Shaw is an expert witness for Johnny Depp's team and they are questioning him about testimony we heard yesterday from another psychiatrist, Dr Spiegel, who was an expert witness for Amber Heard's team.

Dr Shaw says Dr Spiegel violated the Goldwater Rule - which states that a psychiatrist cannot assess a public figure they have not met in person.

Dr Shaw says Dr Spiegel violated the rule by diagnosing Depp with narcissistic personality disorder and cognitive deficit without ever meeting him in person. Dr Shaw describes narcissistic personality disorder as a pattern of grandiosity, a need for admiration and a lack of empathy, which is evident from a young age. He says psychiatrists need to assess patients through questionnaires or tests in order to reliably diagnose the disorder.

He says Dr Spiegel said with certainty that Depp had the disorder, but had never carried out any of these tests. He says that means he would have had no idea whether Depp met the necessary criteria or not.

He also says Dr Spiegel said Depp had cognitive deficits, and low processing speeds, which again he says would require proper assessment. He says the results of a Mini–MentalState Examination (MMSE) which Dr Spiegel referred to would not be in any way adequate to assess a patient.

Did anyone watch the Rum Diaries clip that Johnny described yesterday, when Ambers part kissed him in the shower? I watched it last night and it’s a whole new dimension for me now. That was some real chemistry happening!:eek:
I have seen TRD, it's definitely a good movie - and they definitely had chemistry! MOO

Didn't Depp have a sleepless night of travel that night too, before that cognitive test? That will affect one's normal thinking state I'd think.
can't recall if it was an overnight flight from London before his deposition or his mini-mental but yeah one of them that was indeed the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member