VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

Dr Richard Shaw

The next witness is English psychologist Doctor Richard Shaw. He has been a psychologist for over 35 years, and lectures at Stanford.

He is an expert in PTSD and trauma, especially around illness in children and the effect on their parents. He has published around 80 articles in his area of expertise and chapters in various books.

He has testified as an expert in around 50 court cases over the last 20 years, often around sexual assault and trauma.
I believe Dr Shaw is a psychiatrist. Thanks.

The Trailer Park owner got me thinking about how bad some witnesses describe the damage around this couple versus what the damage actually is. AH and her witnesses speak in hyperbole about the damage. When you hear the words they use to describe the damage and then see pictures, do you feel the descriptions were accurate or exaggerated?

For the Hicksville incident, I think it's a problem because so many in AH's camp lied big time about the trailer damage. If they lied about that, can I trust them about anything else? Like the December 15th incident? The May 21st incident? The staircase incident?

Thoughts?

The Trailer Park owner got me thinking about how bad some witnesses describe the damage around this couple versus what the damage actually is. AH and her witnesses speak in hyperbole about the damage. When you hear the words they use to describe the damage and then see pictures, do you feel the descriptions were accurate or exaggerated?

For the Hicksville incident, I think it's a problem because so many in AH's camp lied big time about the trailer damage. If they lied about that, can I trust them about anything else? Like the December 15th incident? The May 21st incident? The staircase incident?

Thoughts?
I agree with you. It seems to reflect AH's personality disorders, I remember one of the factors being making grandiose statements, over-exaggeration.

This was also a factor when she testified about the horrific injuries she suffered from the alleged DV incidents (such as the SA) and then the photo evidence was so starkly minimal.

He has a very calming and comforting way about him. I bet he can easily get his patients to open up to him because he seems like a safe person to talk to.

So even though he is criticising the other doctor, he still comes across as gentle and thoughtful. Great 'casting' by Chew. lol
BBM
Compared to Spiegel who called his patients "victims."

From 2014
Short little piece about Hicksville at 0:33

That place looks very small from the video and that means EVERYone would have heard JD and AH fighting and probably would have seen that trailer rocking. I don't believe they fought or that there was a "cavity search" that night.

Thoughts?
DRAMA reapers… Every witness describes a past event differently… they are giving you their perception of what happened and if they were “ under the influence” that could exaggerate it in their memory possibly… or they are flat out lying which AH does every time she speaks…. AH is confrontational, which is exhausting to us “normal” mature adults… I run from people who love to stir that drama pot… Peace, harmony and love is what I treasure, and intelligent conversation…

The sounds like team Heard imo fighting hard to not have this witness testify tomorrow…

“TMZ promised this source that it would maintain their confidentiality and would not disclose their name or other information about them,” wrote the outlet’s attorneys.

That does prove AH sold it to me because if she DID NOT, then why wouldn't she file some injunction or something to stop them from playing it without paying her?
Excellent point. I fell asleep combatting allergy attacks. Looking forward to catching up. Hoping there won’t be a check on the rest of tomorrow’s witnesses… you would think that the defense would be gagging to get testimony from Kate Moss, since AH is so curious about ‘the incident’ and all…

Rebuttals will continue through Wednesday, with Kate Moss, Depp's ex-girlfriend; Dr. Shannon Curry, another forensic psychologist; Morgan Tremaine, a former TMZ producer; and Depp, among others, expected to testify.

Rebuttals will continue through Wednesday, with Kate Moss, Depp's ex-girlfriend; Dr. Shannon Curry, another forensic psychologist; Morgan Tremaine, a former TMZ producer; and Depp, among others, expected to testify.

Can they stop a former employee? Some NDA’s have been known to expire, I believe…

In case people want to reread what Jennifer Howell declared regarding Whitney's testimony. Bear in mind that this might not be seen by the jury if AH's team successfully objected. From what I understand it was on the evidence list, but may not have been officially submitted into evidence for the case.

Can they stop a former employee? Some NDA’s have been known to expire, I believe…

EBM I should have replied to OP with the Yahoo dot com news article listing future witnesses for JD. It says a forensic psychologist.
Sorry for confusion. My reply here has nothing to do with the TMZ witnesses or NDA’s lol.

Just FYI to all, Dr. Kimberly Collins is a forensic pathologist, not psychologist.
Law & Crime made a typo the other day that seems to be getting repeated. Court TV tweeted Pathologist also and one of their talking heads opines that Dr. Collins will speak to some of AH’s claims of physical injuries.

Does Fox currently own TMZ? Was TMZ owned by Warner Media at the time of the transaction? I wonder if policies were different regarding employees and NDA's? I just keep looking for a loophole, lol!
As per Wikipedia:

TMZ is a tabloid journalism online newspaper owned by Fox Corporation. It made its debut on November 8, 2005, originally as a collaboration between AOL and Telepictures, a division of Warner Bros., until Time Warner divested AOL in 2009.

Big longer article:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member