VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Banks' has testified that AH told her about lots of physical abuse in therapy sessions including ones that had JD in attendance. JD didn't deny those statements in session.

Personally I think this is damning but not insurmountable. I have been in a toxic relationship with a narc. I have a great deal of experience with gaslighting, dogwhistles, love bombing, greyrocking, etc. As the victim of such a personality or one in that tier (BPD HPD) you really do learn to pick your battles and sometimes greyrocking is the way to go if the abuser is in a "mood" ALL JMO

WHAT IS ALL THIS EVIDENCE THEY ARE TRYING TO BRING IN NOW? I THOUGHT THEY RESTED THEIR CASE?
I think this may be their closing argument to their counter claim? If so it isn't very impassioned or smooth. He sounds very like he is simply reading some lines from a paper.

ETA or maybe yet another motion to dismiss JD claims? I stepped away and am now lost.

Sky News

Heard's $3.5 pledge to Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Candie Goldbronn is the next witness, testifying on behalf of the Children's Hospital Los Angeles, and she is being questioned by Johnny Depp's team.

Ms Goldbronn says Amber Heard made a donation of $250,000 in January 2018, and she later contacted Heard to see if the full pledge of $3.5 was going to be fulfilled, but got no reply.

She says to this date, heard has not donated any further money to the hospital, or fulfilled her full $3.5 dollar pledge.

Ms Goldbronn is briefly questioned by Heard's team, who ask her if the pledge had an expiry date, and whether it has expired, and she says no, the pledge had no expiry date and has not expired.

Heard has previously testified that she was donating her entire $7million divorce settlement - split it between the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the Children's Hospital Los Angeles - but had ceased payments due to Depp's $50million lawsuit against her.

With that her testimony is finished, and Depp's team rests its case. They say they will have more live witnesses in court tomorrow.

I think this may be their closing argument to their counter claim? If so it isn't very impassioned or smooth. He sounds very like he is simply reading some lines from a paper.

ETA or maybe yet another motion to dismiss JD claims? I stepped away and am now lost.
I think they are putting this info on record, for future appeal because it is stuff that was not allowed into the trial....

ETA:
Proffer:
What is Proffered Evidence? Refers to evidence that is first offered to the court to obtain a ruling on its admissibility, as in an offer of proof.

Last edited:
Sorry, I am a little worked up because I thought they rested their case and now they are reading from a binder full of anecdotes Amber told everyone.
It’s something to do with sustained objections I thought? But I don’t know enough to understand the relevance.

ETA is he going to read that whole box?!

Sky News

Back to the Goldwater Rule

Psychiatrist Doctor Richard Shaw, who is being questioned by Johnny Depp's team, is being asked for his opinion on testimony given by psychiatrist David Spiegel yesterday.

Mr Shaw says he believes Dr Spiegel violated the Goldwater Rule, which states that psychiatrists should not give a professional opinion about public figures whom they have not examined in person.

He also says he believes his opinions were "unreliable".

While listening to his evidence, Depp is sitting forward in his chair with his hand on his chin, before looking down and sketching in his note pad.

View attachment 345760
Johnny rocking that blue suit. So "Sauvage!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members