VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuemeister seems extremely qualified as an expert. Just hoping he doesn't lose me and the jury with the technical talk

He says some of the photos have been edited. (no doo doo)

He has a demonstrative exhibit to illustrate (third objection so far that I have counted trying to stop this expert from telling us exactly how AH photos have been doctored. THIS SHOULD BE GOOD!

Hi y’all - So the TMZ witness was feisty! Wow! I didn’t like him at all. Not sure why he was combative with Elaine - she’s just doing her job. But he proves AH tipped paparazzi. There’s no doubt about it.

And the current witness is going to say AH doctored the photos I assume.
I actually did like him. Loved how he didn’t take any crap from EB and dished it right back to her about taking on AH as a client.

Sky News

How did TMZ get stories on Amber Heard?

Morgan Tremaine, a former TMZ employee, says he was assigned to a story on Amber Heard in May 2016. He said he dispatched photographers to the location when the actress was filing for a restraining order.

"We were trying to capture Amber leaving the courthouse and an alleged bruise on the right side of her face," Mr Tremaine says.

The paparazzi photographers' objective was to capture Heard leaving the court and "then she was going to stop and turn towards the camera to display the alleged bruise", he says, and tells the court they got the shot.

Mr Tremaine says the tip about Heard had been verified by a news producer, which means they believed it was credible.

The next assignment on Heard was in August 2016 when she was giving a deposition about the restraining order she had filed for against Depp.

He says TMZ got the required shot this time, too.

On 12 August 2016, he says TMZ received the video of Depp slamming cabinets, which has been shown in court. He says the video was sent via their email tip line.

"It included a link from some unknown Dropbox-type website..." Mr Tremaine says. The link contained the video of Depp.

This was then posted to TMZ's website and marked with TMZ copyright.

Mr Tremaine says he also received a tip saying Heard would be arriving at Los Angeles Airport.

Asked about copyright, he tells the court that the only way for TMZ to have copyright over footage is when they have filmed it themselves, or if it was sent to the tip-line by the original copyright owner and purchased from them or given by them.

He says there was about 15 minutes between TMZ receiving the video and it being published.

The "kitchen cabinet" video received by TMZ was much shorter than the version shown in court, he says, adding that footage of Heard at the start and end - with her "seemingly sniggering" at the end - was not included in the video sent to TMZ.

Mr Tremaine tells the court he never received any communications from Depp or his team.

His job was to direct reporters (paparrzzi) to hot spots or locations where the celebs would be.

Sources came from publicists, agents, managers, B list celebs or attorneys

Info would come through a tip line and there was a place you had to submit your name and a contact number. We would need to verify the tip, especially if it was photos or videos, to ensure that the person sending it is the copywright holder so we knew it was legally ok to distribute that.

They would only ever go t the courthouse if they had been tipped off that a celeb was going to be there. We wanted to get her coming out of the courthouse and photograph an alleged bruise on her face. We were told she would stop so that the cameras could get the right side of her face and the alleged bruise.

Holy crap this is good

The tip had been verified and came directly from a news producer at TMZ.

his next assignment was August 16th when she would be giving a depo. I dispatched people to the law office so we could get footage of her arriving for the dep.

They got the shot.

On the 12th of August they received the kitchen cabinet slamming video captured by Ms. heard. The video came through the email tip line, which was routed to many.

I received the email and it included a link from an unknown drop box.

Did he say it only took 15 minutes to verify copyright and get it on TMZ.COM from when they received it?
If so I think we have our answer as to who the source was!

ETA Answered further up thread before I posted :oops:

Last edited:
There were dozens of different versions which had been edited in various ways including editing software. (they are discussing the photo of bruise on AH arm) (more objections) carrying on

The photo sizes (KBs) don't match and they have different chromatic (objection - sustained)

All three of the examples had to go through editing to change those sizes.

explaining how he can tell a photo is edited. Cameras save this information.

He could see where the original version of certain photos had been edited using specific software.

Sky News

'This gets you your 15 minutes of fame'

Amber Heard's lawyer Elaine Bredehoft is now cross-examining former TMZ employee Morgan Tremaine.

"If you don't have information that's helpful to this case then you wouldn't be a witness," she says.

"This gets you your 15 minutes of fame," she says to him, referencing the fact the trial is being televised.

"I stand to gain nothing from this," Mr Tremaine says. "I'm actually putting myself kind of in the target of TMZ, a very litigious organisation, and I'm not seeking any 15 minutes here.

"Though you're welcome to speculate... I could say the same thing by taking Amber Heard as a client, for you."

"A little argumentative, don't you think," Ms Bredehoft fires back.

"Hardly, I find that to be purely logical," he replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500