VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

Argh just spent 2 hours tottering about on fb, absolutely nothing. Although someone must have access to her fb page as her page was much more open than it is now.

My daughters are 18 and 22, if either of them went missing, you can bet that I and my family would be blowing up SM and hounding MSM to keep her face out there.
I'm a tyrant when it comes to my kids, nothing would stop me from making it known that they were missing or looking for her whether that involves trespassing or not. My kids favorite thing to say is that I'm everyone's best friend, but don't mess with my kids or Satan is going to look like a sweet little flower girl compared to me lol

My daughters are 18 and 22, if either of them went missing, you can bet that I and my family would be blowing up SM and hounding MSM to keep her face out there.
I'm a tyrant when it comes to my kids, nothing would stop me from making it known that they were missing or looking for her whether that involves trespassing or not. My kids favorite thing to say is that I'm everyone's best friend, but don't mess with my kids or Satan is going to look like a sweet little flower girl compared to me lol
I agree and I have boys 26 and 24.

...because a complete sentence takes time from reading.

Marking my spot. :(
Thanks everyone for what updates that can be found.

I noticed today that an SM missing person page (the Truckers Missing Child Project) shared Katelin's info last week, including mention of a sighting. This is the first peep I've heard about a possible sighting - did I miss something or is this new info?

I noticed today that an SM missing person page (the Truckers Missing Child Project) shared Katelin's info last week, including mention of a sighting. This is the first peep I've heard about a possible sighting - did I miss something or is this new info?
Unsure also.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Bumping for Katelin...you are not forgotten

Reminder: social media of family and friends is off-limits.

:wave:

It seems like the media has forgotten about Katelin's case. Even though it is possible, I don't believe this is a case of someone leaving voluntarily. If it is an abduction, it seems more likely to be someone close to where she lives since that is where the luggage was dumped.

I read earlier there might be a VI on this thread. Anyone know who that is?

Anyways, I'd like to venture a possibility. Katelin has listed an engagement to a man on her FB from awhile back, and has a few photos taken with boys as well. What if a jilted ex-boyfriend didn't take too kindly to being replaced, and somehow got in touch with her during her visit? Maybe she wanted to get dropped off early to meet up and have "the let down talk" with them and then things got out of hand. Could even have been a close friend who hadn't yet confided his feelings to her, she thinks he just wants to catch up as friends, something happens and he has to get rid of her things etc. It would explain why her items are back in Spotsylvania. Whoever had her stuff came from back down in that direction?

And I don't buy voluntary life quit either. Who leaves without their cash? CCs tie you to a location, money is untraceable and useful everywhere.

I read earlier there might be a VI on this thread. Anyone know who that is?

Anyways, I'd like to venture a possibility. Katelin has listed an engagement to a man on her FB from awhile back, and has a few photos taken with boys as well. What if a jilted ex-boyfriend didn't take too kindly to being replaced, and somehow got in touch with her during her visit? Maybe she wanted to get dropped off early to meet up and have "the let down talk" with them and then things got out of hand. Could even have been a close friend who hadn't yet confided his feelings to her, she thinks he just wants to catch up as friends, something happens and he has to get rid of her things etc. It would explain why her items are back in Spotsylvania. Whoever had her stuff came from back down in that direction?

And I don't buy voluntary life quit either. Who leaves without their cash? CCs tie you to a location, money is untraceable and useful everywhere.
I missed the engagement to a male.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I missed the engagement to a male.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I got confused, it was a relationship with KE, I thought it was an engagement bc her engagement announcement later did not say who her intended was, I just assumed, wrongly, that it was to the same guy.

Step-dad? was the last person to see her.
Is that correct?

<modsnip>

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Approaching a full year since she went missing. I pulled myself away from this particular case because it was too frustrating. Frustrating in that law enforcement came up with nothing that I'm aware of after she went missing- not a single clue or update since the day it occurred. The family also didn't seem as concerned as one may be with tons of drama to add.

Heather Ciccone was murdered right around the same time in the same area a year ago as well. Far as I can also tell, zero updates or breaks in that case.

I hope one day we get a positive update on either of these cases, until then all I can say is that I hope I'm never victim of a crime in Spotsylvania County, VA.

Step-dad? was the last person to see her.
Is that correct?

<modsnip>

Yes correct! If I remember right, it was an ex-stepdad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was checking into this thread hoping to read some good news but alas, nothing has changed. My gut has always told me that Katelin did not leave on her own. I hope I'm wrong.

Yes correct! If I remember right, it was an ex-stepdad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I was just wondering...
I do remember after Natalie H. went missing the mom and step dad parted. Having a child missing can really stress a relationship.

The mom was not with the step-dad even before Katelin went missing.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

i really dont know what they could be investigating, i think it is a cold case and will remain so until she is "found".

they had her phone and social media records early on, made the one vague comment about the possibility of her going missing voluntarily, and then nothing.

any leads from her phone and social media surely were exhausted quickly. there have been no appeals to the public for information.

the only thing that anyone other than the police could do is search for a body and spread flyers far and wide in case she really is out there hiding somewhere and someone recognizes her.

i will be glad to be wrong but my feeling has always been that she was dead the day she was last seen and her body is somewhere not too far from the place she was last confirmed to be at and the mall.

if it were someone i knew or my family i would be organizing weekly searches to just take a shot and go search in wooded areas etc around there. what else could you do?

well you could do nothing, i guess.

i really dont know what they could be investigating, i think it is a cold case and will remain so until she is "found".

they had her phone and social media records early on, made the one vague comment about the possibility of her going missing voluntarily, and then nothing.

any leads from her phone and social media surely were exhausted quickly. there have been no appeals to the public for information.

the only thing that anyone other than the police could do is search for a body and spread flyers far and wide in case she really is out there hiding somewhere and someone recognizes her.

i will be glad to be wrong but my feeling has always been that she was dead the day she was last seen and her body is somewhere not too far from the place she was last confirmed to be at and the mall.

if it were someone i knew or my family i would be organizing weekly searches to just take a shot and go search in wooded areas etc around there. what else could you do?

well you could do nothing, i guess.

I agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther